• This topic is locked This topic is locked
365 replies to this topic

#21 Raiek

Raiek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

Had a question about staffs versus main hand + off-hand for healing. I've been comparing the stats on the two, and with the new +100 int enchant to off-hands, will there ever be a situation in which we would want a staff versus a mace and off-hand? Even when comparing an epic staff versus a blue i346 mace and off-hand, the stats still seem VERY close. The epic gets a bit more spellpower, but still has over 50 less intellect. Is there something about staffs that I'm missing?

#22 Guest_Alv!ra_*

Guest_Alv!ra_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Last night I was tank healing blackrock descent, which regularly boiled down to atonement healing, and it was healing roughly 10% more than my smites were hitting for. I don't know what was causing this, I couldn't identify a culprit for it. Does anyone know of an ability that does this, and if it's a bug? If it helps, it was a death knight tank.

Most of the 5-man heroic farming I've done in cata has been healing my brothers DK tank, and I have never noticed any atonement increase on him.

Unless it was consistently healing for ~10% more, but maybe rather 25% in shorter intervals, I suspect it may be Vampiric Blood - Spell - World of Warcraft causing it - but I'll check that as soon as he comes online, and edit this post correspondingly.

Edit: I tested it on a dummy, with the DK using VB, and it didn't seem to have any effect. My atonement only healed for the exact amount my smites hit for, regardless of whether or not he had VB buff on. I'll run further tests on actual mobs later.

#23 Charchar

Charchar

Banned

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hi first time poster I have a question that will improve healing my output by a fair bit.

Is there an addon that monitors PoM to help sustain a 100% uptime? So you dont have to maunally search your entire vuhdu grid for the icon.

#24 TrlstanC

TrlstanC

Banned

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hi first time poster I have a question that will improve healing my output by a fair bit.

Is there an addon that monitors PoM to help sustain a 100% uptime? So you dont have to maunally search your entire vuhdu grid for the icon.

I use "PoM Tracker" it's on Curse, I believe it's out of date, but it still works fine for me. It does a good job of watching PoM, pretty much the only thing it doesn't do is let you know when the CD is up.

#25 MADMark

MADMark

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

There are numerous tools to track when you can use an ability or not; I'm not sure why you would want one that only handles one spell. I don't want to speak for him, but I think he's looking for something which checks whether your PoM is still present on anybody in the raid or not. I'm not sure I see the value of that for most fights, I think you want to make sure its on a target that's actually likely to take damage, not some random raid member, but mana is of course an issue, depending on the damage profile of the fight.

... it just begs to be repeatedly reported, over and over, as though reporting a post could somehow be analogous to stabbing someone in the face with a knife forged out of their own concentrated stupid.

#26 james

james

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Enchants for chest include 15 Stats and 20 Stats. Does this enchant increase spirit too? Spirit is no longer increased by Motw/Kings so it may be considered to be a sort of "rating" stat now.

#27 Elerion

Elerion

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

Just tested. Yes, it does increase spirit too.

#28 Murkelsven

Murkelsven

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

Deleted

#29 Charchar

Charchar

Banned

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

problem solved.

#30 Mahtasooma

Mahtasooma

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

Do the NH and HC versions of Tear of Blood share an inner CD?

Because having two of those seem to be best in slot for me, as you never know that you will be needing the spellpower / haste / crit / whatnot proc from other trinkets.

It IS, however, guaranteed that you will be making use of SPI procs, as additional mana will be sitting in your manapool until used.

#31 Sinndir

Sinndir

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

I recall looting the heroic 346 verion and tried equpping them both and got the text message "Only one version of Tears of Blood item may be equipped at a time" or someting along those lines. May need a bit more confirmation though

#32 Minifridge

Minifridge

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

The new normal/heroic blues use the same system that ICC trinkets and rings used, i.e. you couldn't use a normal and heroic DFO. So yeah, you can only use one version of Tears of Blood.
☃ ☃ ☃

#33 Stefan

Stefan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

Has anyone found a Holy Word: Serenity mouseover macro that works?

The normal '/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Holy Word: Serenity' does not work for me.

#34 Sinndir

Sinndir

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

in the Holy Compendium thread near the bottom in the macros section is a good explanation on how it works.

#35 SpecialFavorite

SpecialFavorite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

Do the NH and HC versions of Tear of Blood share an inner CD?

Because having two of those seem to be best in slot for me, as you never know that you will be needing the spellpower / haste / crit / whatnot proc from other trinkets.

It IS, however, guaranteed that you will be making use of SPI procs, as additional mana will be sitting in your manapool until used.

The "Tear of Blood" name is Unique-Equip. You can't have 2 of them whether normal or heroic. You could save up your Valor points and get the Core of Ripeness, collect cards for Darkmoon Card: Tsunami, or do archaeology for Tyrande's Favorite Doll as similar options for a 2nd trinket.

There are also many trinkets that have Spirit as the main stat in case you are needing more regen.

#36 SpecialFavorite

SpecialFavorite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

Does anyone here use Healbot? I have been having trouble getting Healbot to let me use Holy Word: Serenity. I know someone asked about the mouse-over macro for Serenity but I use Healbot and have been trouble with it as well. If I set it to cast Holy Word: Serenity, then it doesn't do anything. If I set it to cast Hold Word: Chastise, then when I am in Chakra: Heal, it says "That spell has not been learned." Not sure if I should just email the person that made the addon or not.

#37 elidion

elidion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

I use "PoM Tracker" it's on Curse, I believe it's out of date, but it still works fine for me. It does a good job of watching PoM, pretty much the only thing it doesn't do is let you know when the CD is up.

Not sure which one you're using, There are 2 on curse, the original that has been there since BC and another that someone decided to create and use the same exact name. PoM Tracker on curse is out of date but Prayer of Mending Tracker is current and working, I know because i'm the author :P

And I really want to smack whoever created/named and posted that other one.

#38 Anh

Anh

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Apology in advance if I am making a mistake somewhere in my calculation. According to the Holy thread, this formula for Spirit Regen is given: Spirit Regen = Sqrt(Intellect) * Spirit *.016725

Looking at my Armory values: Int = 4816, Spirit = 2133. The armory listed mana regen is 3505.

However, when I plugged these values into Excel, the mana regen from it is 2475.71. Am I doing something wrong or is the coefficient incorrect?

The reason I ask this in the first place is that I want to compare the 3 healing trinkets: Core of Ripeness, Tsunami DMC, and Tyrande's Favorite Doll (possibly Fall of Mortality too but I don't know the proc rate for it).

Core of Ripeness averages to 321 spirit assuming you start it at the beginning of the fight and always use it whenever it is up.
Tsunami DMC = 400 spirit. Unsure if you can keep the stack rolling, since each spell has a chance to refresh the stack; not guaranteed.
Tyrande's Favorite Doll. 4200 mana refund every minute -> 350 mp5.

So what is better? 321 spirits or 350 mp5.

#39 Diablo771

Diablo771

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:35 AM

Does anyone here use Healbot? I have been having trouble getting Healbot to let me use Holy Word: Serenity. I know someone asked about the mouse-over macro for Serenity but I use Healbot and have been trouble with it as well. If I set it to cast Holy Word: Serenity, then it doesn't do anything. If I set it to cast Hold Word: Chastise, then when I am in Chakra: Heal, it says "That spell has not been learned." Not sure if I should just email the person that made the addon or not.

I was having the same problem too, so I checked the holy priest compendium and got this solution.

First, You have to place Holy Word: Chastise on one of your bars.

Copy the following code :
/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end

While hovering your mouse over Holy Word: Chastise which you just put on the bar, hit enter, paste the code that you just copied and hit enter again. In your chat log, a specific code will pop up displaying the exact location of which bar and which button you placed your Holy Word: Chastise on. Write this down exactly as written in your chat log. Ex: MultiBarBottomLeftButton1

Next step, make a macro and place it wherever you want on your bars, probably next to Holy Word: Chastise would work out pretty well. Copy and past the following text into the macro box:
/tar [@mouseover,exists]
/click MultiBarBottomLeftButton1
/targetlasttarget
(Replace the MultiBarBottomLeftButton1 with whichever the button bar was from the previous step)

Then assign this to a key macro. ReCopy the code
/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end
over the new macro, copy down the spell location and use that too find were it is in your key bindings menu. Make sure you attach your key binding to the macro and NOT holy word: Chastise.

What the macro does is casts whatever spell is in MultiBarBottomLeftButton1 for example, on whoever you have moused over. And when you hover your mouse over someones health bar in healbot, it's basicaly like mousing over their character.

So anyways, I have my macro keybinded to "F" because its easy to reach by my AWSD keys, so when I'm in my serenity chakra state, all I have to do is hit F while hovering over the players health bar in healbot to heal them just like I would with a regular click combination.

Also, be sure not to move chastise from the spot that you have written in your macro, or else it will cast whichever spell you have move in it's instead of the spell that you want.

Hope this works out for you!

#40 Vintoran

Vintoran

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Spirit Regen = Sqrt(Intellect) * Spirit *.016725

Looking at my Armory values: Int = 4816, Spirit = 2133. The armory listed mana regen is 3505.

However, when I plugged these values into Excel, the mana regen from it is 2475.71. Am I doing something wrong or is the coefficient incorrect?

You're missing 5% base mana per 5 seconds as base regen, which is 1029 for priests. 2475.7+1029=3504.7
Generelly speaking 350mp5 is better than 321 spirit, but specifically it depends on how many Mana Tides you get. The value of Core of Ripeness' spirit use is also significantly higher if you are able to use it during Mana Tide.
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users