• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic

#201 Hoedown

Hoedown

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

I adjusted the threat value down to 7 as you suggested and also ensured that Parry Haste was still turned off. For some reason it's still pushing for me to forge the majority to Expertise or Mastery. I am going to try and start from scratch again with it to ensure there isn't some weird cache issue going on, but I know it is using the currently available version. Also, I double checked to make sure it WAS set for Bear just in case!

Was having the same issue here for the past 2 versions of rawr. What got it back to suggesting dodge/agil was setting threat to 0. Anything higher and it went expertise/mastery crazy. Threat is a non issue for me on any fight but I can foresee problems with the coming nerfs to our attacks. But until those go into effect I keep my threat value at 0.

Threat Value None
Survival Soft Cap Normal T11 Raids
Target Level 88
Target Armor 11977
Target Damage (Raw) Normal T11 Raids
Target Attack Speed 2.0

#202 Elveram

Elveram

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Could you expand on your reasoning for reforging master into dodge, versus reforging crit; On such items as the and ? Your charts have mastery listed as more valuable than crit in both tiers.

I had the same thoughts and came to the realization that although mastery is more valuable than crit, there is more mastery on those items to be able to convert to dodge (which is more valuable than both mastery and crit)

Obviously there will be limits, and the marginal increase in dodge should outweigh the loss when choosing to convert master over crit.

(At least this is my explanation for the ring... not sure about the poleaxe)

#203 Barrar

Barrar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Was having the same issue here for the past 2 versions of rawr. What got it back to suggesting dodge/agil was setting threat to 0. Anything higher and it went expertise/mastery crazy. Threat is a non issue for me on any fight but I can foresee problems with the coming nerfs to our attacks. But until those go into effect I keep my threat value at 0.

Threat Value None
Survival Soft Cap Normal T11 Raids
Target Level 88
Target Armor 11977
Target Damage (Raw) Normal T11 Raids
Target Attack Speed 2.0

That did the trick perfect! I assumed that even with the threat level having some value it would still not push to reforge for expertise, but I guess I was wrong. For the time being since threat truly isn't an issue I will continue running with a threat of None.

#204 eyl

eyl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

I'm using the same settings proposed in this thread and coming up with different results.

52.39 Agility
31.88 Dodge Rating
31.75 Mastery Rating
14.86 Stamina
12.65 Crit Rating
12.65 Expertise Rating
8.47 Hit Rating
2.58 Haste Rating

Using these values, no matter how much mastery a mastery/crit item has it seems to always be better to reforge the crit to dodge. Also using this values it suggests the DPS head/shoulder enchants. Is anyone else getting similar values to mine? After removing my current stam trinket mastery starts to outpace dodge as well. Even using the optimizer it will select all of the agility enchants which leaves you at a dangerously low HP level it seems.

#205 Guest_aldones_*

Guest_aldones_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:42 AM

That did the trick perfect! I assumed that even with the threat level having some value it would still not push to reforge for expertise, but I guess I was wrong. For the time being since threat truly isn't an issue I will continue running with a threat of None.

What I find weird is threat value pushing reforge toward mastery (instead of dodge). Anyone got any idea why that happens ?

#206 Barrar

Barrar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Possibly an increase in your Vengeance from more hits being taken while trying to negate the damage through the use of your Mastery instead of pure avoidance?

#207 Tyrlir

Tyrlir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Possibly an increase in your Vengeance from more hits being taken while trying to negate the damage through the use of your Mastery instead of pure avoidance?

I noticed this as well. By either lowering the raw damage done, or increasing avoidance to the point where vengeance is no longer capping out, mastery was recommended over dodge. As soon as vengeance was maxed (as seen on the basic stats tab) dodge jumped back way ahead again.

I believe RAWR also has not yet been updated to reflect the new understanding of the vengeance cap, so the average expected vengeance AP modeled in RAWR is likely to be inflated from reality. RAWR is giving me an average vengeance AP of around 21k which drastically higher than any actual vengeance value I have observed in game.

#208 Schubi

Schubi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

I'm using the same settings proposed in this thread and coming up with different results.

52.39 Agility
31.88 Dodge Rating
31.75 Mastery Rating
14.86 Stamina
12.65 Crit Rating
12.65 Expertise Rating
8.47 Hit Rating
2.58 Haste Rating

Using these values, no matter how much mastery a mastery/crit item has it seems to always be better to reforge the crit to dodge. Also using this values it suggests the DPS head/shoulder enchants. Is anyone else getting similar values to mine? After removing my current stam trinket mastery starts to outpace dodge as well. Even using the optimizer it will select all of the agility enchants which leaves you at a dangerously low HP level it seems.

I've seen such low valuation of stamina only in one case: hitting the Survival softcap. Did you correctly adjust the Encounter difficulty or the Survival softcap manually? For raiding gear I think T11 heroic may better suit your needs.

What do you understand by "dangerously low HP level"?

I don't know what kind of equipment you were evaluating, but probably you really have too much stamina/armor. Just remember: we got mana consuming fights now. Stacking stamina does not necessarily help.

I believe RAWR also has not yet been updated to reflect the new understanding of the vengeance cap, so the average expected vengeance AP modeled in RAWR is likely to be inflated from reality. RAWR is giving me an average vengeance AP of around 21k which drastically higher than any actual vengeance value I have observed in game.

I'm getting a smilar value...23k...with 168k HP that is an value that is not reachable. Even with earlier patches it was not possible.
stamina + 10% base health would be about 14k max...

#209 Swylen

Swylen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

I've seen a few feral bear specs with 2 points in Fury Swipes being taken out to put 2 points in King of the Jungle. Does the 10% enrage damage buff make up for the loss of 10% chance of Fury Swipes?

#210 Beanna

Beanna

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

Since Enrage still increases physical damage taken by 10% for 10 sec I don't think it's really wise to use it in tank. However it's probably very strong when you shift into cat during some phases where you don't have to be in bear form. I think it's a good choice for some fights like Maloriak, Chimaeron, Halfus and Valiona where you spend a lot of time in cat form.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users