328 replies to this topic

#1 Melthu

Melthu

Confused

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

= Introduction=

This post contains information about dpsing as a feral druid in a high end raid setting. It should be enough for beginners to gain a solid grasp on the fundamentals of the spec, and should also be a reference for players who have specific questions about our mechanics.

We'll go into more detail later, but if you have specific gearing questions you can use Rawr - Rawr or Mew - http://elitistjerks...._mew_simulator/

I will do my best to keep this post up to date, but if you find something that is old or just plain wrong please send me a PM so that I can fix it quickly. Thank you.

= Overview=

As a dps it is your job to do as much damage as possible while taking as little as possible and using your utility abilities intelligently. Be ready to cap your hit rating if you're on interrupt duty (will not be necessary in an upcoming patch), use Rebirth, Tranquility, or Innervate if needed, and use CC if called for. You should also be ready to act in a hybrid dps/tanking role, since you can easily grab every important talent and glyph for both tanking and dps and operate at 95% efficiency or more in both roles at the same time.

= Talents and Glyphs=

Spec

For choosing Feral as your spec you get Aggression (increases your AP by 25%) and the ability Mangle. We also get a 2 part mastery, one for cats and one for bears. The cat portion of our mastery is called Razor Claws and increases the damage of bleed abilities by 3.1% per point of mastery.

For dps you absolutely want to pick up Feral Swiftness, Fury Swipes, Primal Fury, King of the Jungle, Feral Charge, Leader of the Pack, Endless Carnage, Blood in the Water, Rend and Tear, Berserk, Heart of the Wild, and Master Shapeshifter. Other talents that I would recommend are Furor, Feral Aggression, Nurturing Instinct, and Survival Instincts. Even grabbing all of those still leaves you with points to pick up situational talents such as Brutal Impact, Perseverance, or Stampede. Or you can also pick up Thick Hide and Natural Reaction so you're ready to be an emergency tank if your main tank dies.

A basic spec might look like this: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Glyphs

Prime Glyphs

Glyph of Rip and Glyph of Shred are your top 2 glyphs at all times (unless of course you're unable to use one or the other, such as Shred on Kologarn). The third glyph spot is close and under various circumstances can be Tiger's Fury, Berserk, or Savage Roar. Mangle is almost never worth using. Note that if you are an engineer you should not use Glyph of Tiger's Fury as it will cause Tiger's Fury to desync with Synapse Springs.

Major Glyphs

The major glyph that I'd strongly recommend is Rebirth, as there is a world of difference between resurrecting someone with 20% health and 100%. Glyph of Feral Charge is also useful to increase mobility and allow more usage of the Stampede talent, including some bosses that can be charged from melee range. Glyph of Ferocious Bite usually shows up as a dps loss in simulators. You may also consider if you plan on off-tanking.

Minor Glyphs

You can also consider if you plan on off-tanking.

= Gear=

Stats

General information on combat ratings can be found here: http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t29453-combat_ratings_level_85_cataclysm/

Agility
Agility increases your attack power and crit chance. Each point gives you 2 AP and it takes 324.85 agility for 1% crit. It is by far the best stat for dps and should be stacked whenever possible, though usually that only means gems and enchants because you cannot reforge for agility.

Strength
Strength increases attack power, providing 2 AP per strength. It is technically our second strongest stat after agility. However, it is strictly inferior to agility and since both are primary stats only one or the other can be on a single piece of gear, so in practice it is almost never used. The only exceptions are if you have access to a piece of strength gear with a much higher item level than agility gear for that slot, and glove enchants since there is no equivalent agility enchant available.

Mastery
It takes 179.28 mastery rating to gain 1 point of mastery. Each point of mastery increases your bleed damage by 3.1%. Mastery is your best secondary stat and should be stacked as much as possible, though not ahead of agility. You should reforge for mastery whenever you have a piece of gear without it, although whenever possible you want gear that already has mastery.

Crit
You need 179.28 crit rating to gain 1% crit chance. Crit is generally a strong secondary stat, but you should use Rawr or Mew to confirm where is stands relative to the other secondary stats besides mastery.

Haste
You need 128.05701 haste rating for 1% haste. Haste became somewhat stronger in 4.0.6 and can be competitive with Crit, so use Rawr or Mew to help decide which is better for you.

Hit/Expertise
You need 120.109 hit/expertise rating for 1% hit/expertise. These stats are generally not as strong as crit or haste, but again you should use Rawr or Mew to confirm. Note that interrupts can no longer miss, so there is never a specific need to cap hit.

Gems

There is now 1 real choice for your meta gem: . All red slots should be filled with . Oftentimes you'll want to skip blue or yellow socket bonuses and use delicates there as well. If a blue or yellow socket bonus is worth getting you should use or .

Set bonuses

Both 2T11 and 4T11 are worth using. Once you have 4T11 you'll need to track the buff Strength of the Panther and keep it stacked to 3 with as few Mangles as possible.

Enchants

Head:
Shoulders:
Back: Major Agility (22 agility)
Chest: Peerless Stats (20 to all stats)
Wrists: Agility (50 agility)
Hands: Mighty Strength (50 strength) (yes really)
Legs:
Feet: Major Agility (35 agility)
Weapon: Mighty Agility (130 agility)

Professions

Jewelcrafting very slightly offers the most agility. If used on cooldown Synapse Springs from Engineering provide a minimum of 80 agility on average and usually somewhat more than that, and can also be lined up with other cooldowns for more effective benefit than a static buff. Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, and Blacksmithing are all a bit more flexible than other professions, though this is not as useful as it was in WotLK.

Alchemy: 80 agility from .
Blacksmithing: 80 agility from 2 extra gem sockets.
Enchanting: 80 agility from ring enchants.
Engineering: Synapse Springs provide 480 agility for 10 seconds on a 60 second cooldown. This averages to 80 agility but in practice will be slightly stronger than that if used correctly.
Herbalism: Minor heal and 480 haste for 20 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.
Jewelcrafting: 81 agility from Chimera's Eyes.
Leatherworking: 80 agility from bracer enchant. Can also use the level 80 resistance enchants if needed.
Mining: 120 stamina, no dps benefits.
Skinning: 80 crit, not as good as other professions.
Tailoring: Swordguard Embroidery - Spell - World of Warcraft chance to proc 1000 AP for 15 seconds.

= Rotation=

Depending on how exact you want your rotation to be it can become quite complicated. A simplified version would be

1. Keep up Mangle
2. Use Tiger's Fury on cooldown
3. Use Berserk on cooldown
4. Keep up a 5CP Rip
5. Keep up Rake
6. Keep up Savage Roar
7. Shred for combo points

As of 4.1 Swipe has become worthwhile in AoE situations.

= Addons=

The default UI is pretty terrible for tracking everything you need to know to dps well as a feral. There are a number of addons out there that can more cleanly display information you need. BadKitty and FeralByNight are tailored towards feral dps, and Power Auras is also popular. Leafkiller keeps an updated Ovale script on his site Fluiddruid.net. My personal choice is RoguePowerBars. There are a lot of choices out there, find one that fits your needs and use it.

= Other=

If there's something else you'd like me to include please PM me.

#2 Kintoun

Kintoun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:34 AM

The intent of this guide to help speed up preparation for level 85 raiding. This guide is not perfect. It is meant to be sufficient. Feel free to correct anything said below or add to it via reply. I'll try and keep this updated.

Cataclysm Release

Where should I logout the day before?
Alliance should logout near the entrance to Stormwind.
Horde should logout near the entrance to Orgrimmar.

Where should I head to start leveling?
Vashj'ir - Zone - World of Warcraft
The choice between Mount Hyjal and Vashj'ir is close if you're not interested in tanking. I chose Vashj'ir because of The Earthen Ring rep from quests which gets us a nice epic ring and the tanking enchant.

How do I get there?
Alliance - Recruiter Burns near the entrance to Stormwind Harbor. Accept Call of Duty - Quest - World of Warcraft and go to the dock where the ship to borean normally comes
Horde - Commander Thorak outside Orgrimmar gates. Accept Call of Duty - Quest - World of Warcraft and go east in Durotar to the docks.

Reputation for PVE Enchants

Helm enchant

Bears will want The Earthen Ring - Faction - World of Warcraft for
Cats will want Ramkahen - Faction - World of Warcraft for

Ramkahen rep prep
Make sure when questing that you hit Uldum - Zone - World of Warcraft the 84-85 zone.
Do the quests inside Lost City of the Tol'vir - Zone - World of Warcraft (lv 85) and The Vortex Pinnacle - Zone - World of Warcraft (lv 82-84) for rep.

Where do I get the tabard?
sold by Blacksmith Abasi - NPC - World of Warcraft

The Earthen Ring rep prep
Quests are varied for The Earthen Ring. You'll find them in Abyssal Depths (80-82), Deepholm (82-83), and Twilight Highlands (lv 84-85) mainly.
Do the quests inside The Stonecore - Zone - World of Warcraft (lv 82-84) for rep.

sold by Provisioner Arok - NPC - World of Warcraft

Shoulder Enchant

Bears will want
Cats will want
Both are from Therazane - Faction - World of Warcraft

Therazane rep prep
Deepholm - Zone - World of Warcraft holds all the rep quests for Therazane.
And there is a single quest Wayward Child - Quest - World of Warcraft in The Stonecore - Zone - World of Warcraft for the usual 500 rep.

sold by D'lom the Collector - NPC - World of Warcraft

Gear

Weapon
[TABLE="head"]Char Level|Item Level|Item|Source
80 | 272 | ALLIANCE ONLY | Clearing the Defiled - Quest - World of Warcraft
80 | 272 | HORDE ONLY | Clearing the Defiled - Quest - World of Warcraft
80 | 272 | | Prepping the Soil - Quest - World of Warcraft
83 | 312 | | The Scepter of Orsis - Quest - World of Warcraft
81 | 316 | | Normal The Stonecore High Priestess Azil - NPC - World of Warcraft
81 | 318 | | The Binding - Quest - World of Warcraft
84 | 333 | ALLIANCE ONLY | Narkrall, The Drake-Tamer - Quest - World of Warcraft
84 | 333 | HORDE ONLY | Fury Unbound - Quest - World of Warcraft
85 | 346 | | Tol Barad Revered
85 | 346 | | Heroic Lost City of Tol'vir General Husam - NPC - World of Warcraft
85 | 346 | | Heroic The Stonecore High Priestess Azil - NPC - World of Warcraft
85 | 346 | |Blacksmithing[/TABLE]

Here is the filter I used - Weapons - Items - World of Warcraft
80-85, added in Cata, AGI > 100, Two-handed, usable by Druids

Crafted
Leatherworking crafted gear is 289 while quest gear at 80 is 272. I am not including any trade specific items since those would likely be better in slot (engineering helm, jewel-crafting trinkets, etc). Also it is not optimal to leveling crafting when our goal is 85 so I'll only concentrate on level 85 gear.

Level 85 Gear
* denotes optimal cat gear. Needs to be tested by simulation. Went with assumption agi>mastery>everything else. Also tried to favor items that can be purchased with Reputation or Justice Points. If you plan on tanking ONLY then favor the items with expertise provided you don't lose agi or mastery. However the optimal cat gear should be sufficient for tanking other than trinkets. Also notice that there are only subtle differences between all the equivalent item level items below. Most people will be just fine filling all slots with whatever item level 346 blues they can get their hands on.

Helm:
[TABLE]* | Justice Points
| Heroic Stonecore
[/TABLE]

Shoulders:
| Heroic Throne of the Tides
| Heroic SFK
[/TABLE]

Chest:
[TABLE]* | Crafted
* | Heroic Grim Batol
| Heroic Halls of Origination
| Heroic Deadmines
| Justice Points
[/TABLE]

Wrists:
[TABLE]* | Heroic SFK
[/TABLE]

Hands:
[TABLE]* | Horde only - Dragonmaw Clan Exalted
* | Alliance only - Wildhammer Clan Exalted
* | Justice Points
| Heroic Vortex Pinnacle
[/TABLE]

Belt:
[TABLE]* | Crafted
* | Ramkahen Revered
* | Justice Points
[/TABLE]

Legs:
| Heroic Blackrock Caverns
[/TABLE]

Feet:
[TABLE]* | Heroic Lost City of the Tol'vir
| Heroic SFK
| Heroic Deadmines
[/TABLE]

Relic:
[TABLE]* | Heroic Blackrock Caverns
* | Heroic SFK
* | Crafted
[/TABLE]

Back:
[TABLE]* | The Earthen Ring Revered
| Heroic Blackrock Caverns
| Heroic Lost City of the Tol'vir
| Heroic Deadmines
| Heroic Deadmines
[/TABLE]

Ring:
[TABLE]* | The Earthen Ring Exalted
* | Crafted
* | Heroic Blackrock Caverns
* | Heroic Halls of Origination
| Therazane Revered
| Heroic Grim Batol
| Heroic Throne of the Tides
[/TABLE]

Neck:
[TABLE]* | Heroic Stonecore
* | Justice Points
| Crafted
| Guardians of Hyjal Revered
[/TABLE]

Trinket:
[TABLE]* | Tol Barad Exalted
* | Heroic Grim Batol
* | Heroic Lost City of the Tol'vir
* | Heroic Blackrock Caverns
* | Heroic Stonecore
| Tank Trinket - Heroic Halls of Origination
| Tank Trinket - Heroic Stonecore
| Tank Trinket - Heroic Vortex Pinnacle
| Tank Trinket - Heroic Thorne of the Tides
[/TABLE]

Stat Preferences
Cats:
Agility (red) > Mastery (yellow) > rest
Make sure to gem to fit the requirement of your crit mod meta.
(yes the level 80 one since it has AGI)
Note that Blizzard has announced they are changing the "more blue than red" requirement on the crit mod metas.
Reforge everything into mastery.

Bears:
Stamina (blue) > Agility (red) > Dodge (yellow) > rest
Tanks can never have too much Stam, especially when healers are strained early in the expansion. Parry haste no longer exists, and pre-raid tanking gear has plenty of damage stats on it so expertise and damage stats aren't as important.
Reforge everything into dodge.

TODO:
-Add in helpful info like caps
-Add in exact numbers for stat weights

#3 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Moderators
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:39 AM

Bumping this just so that it's first page for responses. (Then I'll delete this post).

i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#4 Sniklfritz

Sniklfritz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

Is the mastery bonus apllied only when a bleed is put up or does your bleed scale with say a mastery proc? Because I want to maximize the damage my bleeds do since stacking mastery had a huge effect on my dps.

#5 Ristaccia

Ristaccia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

Bleeds take mastery into account when applied, as far as I'm aware. For example, if you get a mastery proc, it is ideal to line up applying a bleed with the proc.

#6 Vaccine

Vaccine

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

I think the Rake bug is still in where it takes double your mastery into effect, which will explain why I'm getting 20-25k Rake crits when / has procced. That is why you're seeing such a huge improvement off of Mastery at the moment.
Posted Image

#7 MessiQ

MessiQ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

Is the mastery bonus apllied only when a bleed is put up or does your bleed scale with say a mastery proc? Because I want to maximize the damage my bleeds do since stacking mastery had a huge effect on my dps.

As far as I can tell (and I stand to be corrected) mastery effects the Rip as it is applied in the same way as you should always make sure to use Tigers Fury for the damage boost prior to applying Rip not after. This means if you have a mastery trinket that is on-use, make sur eto pop this before you apply your bleeds (both rake AND rip ideally). In the same way, popping a trinket for increased mastery after rip is already on the target will not increase it's damage.

#8 Slott

Slott

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

I believe rake was fixed a few days prior to cataclysms release, as I saw a dramatic decrease at level 80 on my rake's damage. (Yawning confirmed it was procing double mastery, I was seeing 16k rake ticks at 80, and that dropped to 12k on the saturday or sunday prior to cata)
That being said, I have noticed rake ticks being almost excessive at the moment, but that may be due to trinket procs (My highest rake tick on a normal fight was 46,000 with the "stars aligned" so to speak, 3500 agi in trinket procs and TF up. However, in parses on boss fights, my rake stands at roughly 30%, along with 30% damage from rip, which is our speculated and generally accepted percentages of damage breakdown. Thus I believe rake may not be bugged, and while you are seeing higher ticks than rip, you must realize it only ticks 2/3 of the time.

Here's a real breakdown of theralion and valiona for me, I let rip drop due to a misjudged FB (Cast with 3sec left on rip, didn't refresh)

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
30.4% rake
29% rip
17.9% shred
16.2% melee
3.4% fury swipes
1.4% fb
1.1% ravage

Also note, I had dark intent, which makes my dots a higher percentage of damage

#9 rhave

rhave

Glass Joe

• Allied Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

yesterday my Rakes were 30-31%, followed by Rip 29-30%, etc but today it seemed like my Rips were doing 31-32% followed by Rakes which were doing 20-22% of my damage. It seems like they fixed Rake. Can anyone else confirm?

#10 Aradiel

Aradiel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

I believe rake was fixed a few days prior to cataclysms release, as I saw a dramatic decrease at level 80 on my rake's damage. (Yawning confirmed it was procing double mastery, I was seeing 16k rake ticks at 80, and that dropped to 12k on the saturday or sunday prior to cata)
That being said, I have noticed rake ticks being almost excessive at the moment, but that may be due to trinket procs (My highest rake tick on a normal fight was 46,000 with the "stars aligned" so to speak, 3500 agi in trinket procs and TF up. However, in parses on boss fights, my rake stands at roughly 30%, along with 30% damage from rip, which is our speculated and generally accepted percentages of damage breakdown. Thus I believe rake may not be bugged, and while you are seeing higher ticks than rip, you must realize it only ticks 2/3 of the time.

Here's a real breakdown of theralion and valiona for me, I let rip drop due to a misjudged FB (Cast with 3sec left on rip, didn't refresh)

Atleast for me Rake was still bugged yesterday. I have as my second trinket and I have made a macro to use my trinkets at the same with TF. So the very first bleed effect I apply will have 2 trinket effects (one use and one proc) and TF on them. the difference with my average and maximum Rake ticks seem much higher than with Rip. I can give some actual numbers when I get home, but the general feeling i get right now is that Rake really seems to be double dipping. In our Magmaw kill it was doing over 70k tick crits on the weakened phase. Rip didn't get anywhere near these numbers. According to Mew Rip should be doing about 30% of our overall damage while Rake should do around 20% If that is accurate then they should tick for about the same damage.

#11 Cuer

Cuer

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

Rake was indeed hotfixed:

Rake will no longer receive twice the benefit from the Feral druid Mastery Razor Claws.

#12 sigurr0s

sigurr0s

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

What's the best course of action when you have 5CPs, ~60-70energy, Rip will expire in 1-2 seconds, TF just got off the cooldown: rip & TF or dump energy into shred, wasting CPs, then TF & Rip?

#13 Polynices

Polynices

What does Von Kaiser mean?

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

from Leatherworking is quite similar to the and so it probably belongs on the list.

#14 Brig

Brig

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

I've been following the hit/expertise cap discussion for a bit now, and decided to go full on mastery (ignoring hit and exp) to see what it would result in. Tonight my guild and I entered Blackwing Descend for the first time and had some test tries on Omnitron Defense System. I was raiding with 0.89% hit and 8 expertise and the amount of misses got me so utterly frustrated that I simply cannot understand why anyone would advocate for simply ignoring these two stats and just stack full on mastery. Occasions where I had to mangle three times to apply the mangle debuff, rips missing, several misses of ferocious bite in a row. I just can't understand why someone would be okay with this, especially in progression raids. One one of our Magmaw tries I missed Faerie Fire four times consecutively.

Are there any new insights on this matter, because I simply can't understand why this is advised by some people?

#15 Brun

Brun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

It was my understanding that Primal Madness constituted zero net DPS increase, which is why I'm curious as to why it appears in your optimum talent tree. This information is based on extensive calculations done during beta, and as far as I can tell the ability has not changed since. The most it gets you is a temporary burst increase, by saving you a GCD when you use it. You then have to make that GCD up though, when you lose the buff.

Unless I've missed something Primal Madness is a waste of two points. Please clarify if able. Thanks.

#16 righthorn

righthorn

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

I've been following the hit/expertise cap discussion for a bit now, and decided to go full on mastery (ignoring hit and exp) to see what it would result in. Tonight my guild and I entered Blackwing Descend for the first time and had some test tries on Omnitron Defense System. I was raiding with 0.89% hit and 8 expertise and the amount of misses got me so utterly frustrated that I simply cannot understand why anyone would advocate for simply ignoring these two stats and just stack full on mastery. Occasions where I had to mangle three times to apply the mangle debuff, rips missing, several misses of ferocious bite in a row. I just can't understand why someone would be okay with this, especially in progression raids. One one of our Magmaw tries I missed Faerie Fire four times consecutively.

Are there any new insights on this matter, because I simply can't understand why this is advised by some people?

It's a tradeoff between convenience/ease and raw dps. There's three factors that make hit & expertise not required for optimum dps:

1. White hits & associated fury swipes only make up ~1/4 of our damage
2. Energy abilities that miss or are dodges do not use up their entire cost
3. We are not GCD capped; that is we have downtime between abilities while we wait for energy to build up

The third factor is what really makes hit & expertise not required. Even if you miss, because you have not expended the entire energy, and because you have free GCDs anyways, you can simply re-use the ability until you hit.

The big caveat is that, as you were made painfully aware, you really need to be able to keep on top of your buff/debuffs and be able to make quick decisions on what ability to use next. If you are able to react quickly and correctly to your misses, then you lose little dps even with 0 hit and 0 expertise, and because those stats have been converted to other dps stats (hopefully mastery) overall you gain DPS. However, if you find yourself unable to keep tabs on what's missed and what's hit and your bleed uptimes suffers, then you will find hit & exp more useful.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that your theoretical max dps will suffer if you have hit and expertise, but if you can't pull off the mechanics in reality then theory doesn't help that much.

#17 Robosaurus

Robosaurus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:07 AM

They also changed the stats on the neck from Hyjal Revered, so this neck will be best or 2nd best before raids (haste is better than crit at some gear levels).

#18 tangedyn

tangedyn

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

It was my understanding that Primal Madness constituted zero net DPS increase, which is why I'm curious as to why it appears in your optimum talent tree. This information is based on extensive calculations done during beta, and as far as I can tell the ability has not changed since. The most it gets you is a temporary burst increase, by saving you a GCD when you use it. You then have to make that GCD up though, when you lose the buff.

Unless I've missed something Primal Madness is a waste of two points. Please clarify if able. Thanks.

As Mew will easily tell you, Primal Madness does give a DPS increase. It's just not very significant amount of DPS increase.
If you want to absolutely maximize your DPS, you should take it, because you will still have talent points leftover.
If you are going for a hybrid bear +cat build, then yes, Primal Madness will be the first talent to drop.

#19 a civilian

a civilian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Primal madness gives a damage increase if it falls off (or you cancel it) below 20 energy.

Edit: it increases both current and maximum energy by 20 when it's applied and decreases both by 20 when it falls off.

#20 Brun

Brun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

Primal madness gives a damage increase if it falls off (or you cancel it) below 20 energy.

Edit: it increases both current and maximum energy by 20 when it's applied and decreases both by 20 when it falls off.

I see. So it could throw a huge wrench into your rotation if, say, you had 30 energy and were building for a shred, and TF fell off, forcing you to wait and rebuild that energy. Ideally you'd want to lose the buff as close to 0 energy as possible.

I guess using it would require a higher level of timer discipline, so you could cancel the buff when appropriate. I suppose you could also write a mod that compares your current energy, your energy regeneration rate, and the remaining duration on Tiger's Fury and tells you if and when you need to cancel the buff.

But now the question becomes, at what duration and energy state does the loss of TF's damage increase from early cancellation exceed that incurred from having TF fall off?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users