• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#201 Romner

Romner

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Edit : simple answer, Vagaries of time + demonic skull is most likely better. Just get the Valor offhand and you are set.

What? There's a Valor off hand?

Thanks for the swift reply and the help. =]

#202 Junlex

Junlex

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Delete please.

#203 feralius

feralius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

I have a question regard the Glyph of IS and Glyph of SS. I'm focusing on mastery (already have 2640 haste + DI on raid), and it seems GoIS is working better than GoSS in almost every fight, but Wrathcalcs says the opposite. Can anyone clarify this to me?

My current value of mastery is 17.54, but im aiming for 18.50ish with more heroic gear, also my average ping is around 120ms. Also in my rotation, i only use IS, MF once each eclipse.

Thanks in advance!

#204 qae

qae

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

What? There's a Valor off hand?

Oops, my bad, for some reason I thought was a valor item.. Good luck looting it or !
Alternatively, is pretty good.

#205 Zantaz

Zantaz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Our guild has recently lost the last of its raiding Warlocks so I'm now wondering if it's worth regemming my heroic pieces with Reckless Lava Corals until I hit the 3101 haste cap, since I can no longer count on getting DI regularly.

My question is whether the 3101 haste cap is important enough to overall dps to sacrifice the Int - my gut reaction is to say yes, but I'd appreciate the advice of other Moonkins on this.

As always, thanks in advance for your replies.

#206 Mawic

Mawic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

My question is whether the 3101 haste cap is important enough to overall dps to sacrifice the Int - my gut reaction is to say yes, but I'd appreciate the advice of other Moonkins on this.

Simcraft puts the value of the extra tick around 227 dps. I used the Balance T13H BiS profile, with overrides for the haste breakpoint:
gear_haste_rating 3100: 47370 dps
gear_haste_rating 3101: 47597 dps

My personal scale factors run about 4 dps per int and 2.5 dps per haste. So the break even point would be around 150 int. Though presumably you're looking for a gain, not to break even. I'd be hesitant to go for the breakpoint unless you could do it by swapping 2 red gems with oranges.

YMMV, the actual value probably varies quite a bit based on when you refresh your dots. Simcraft sometimes refreshes dots before leaving Solar, and if you're clipping ticks you reduce the value of the breakpoint slightly.

#207 Zantaz

Zantaz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

It would definitely have to be more than 2 red gems swapped out and that would be putting the less favourable haste enchant on boots (as opposed to Lavawalker). It's difficult to test without a fairly hefty gold investment as well, so it's probably better for me to 'play it safe' for now and continue on as I am (and pray for a new raiding Warlock to join us!).

#208 Slippykins

Slippykins

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

It would definitely have to be more than 2 red gems swapped out and that would be putting the less favourable haste enchant on boots (as opposed to Lavawalker). It's difficult to test without a fairly hefty gold investment as well, so it's probably better for me to 'play it safe' for now and continue on as I am (and pray for a new raiding Warlock to join us!).

The most red -> orange gems I'd do would be three. With a full T13H BiS setup without DI, you should only have to swap out 3 reds for 3 oranges to get the 3101 haste breakpoint. Make sure you get haste on boots and gloves before swapping intellect, as with the glove enchant you're trading away some mastery (better alternative) and boots mastery + run speed (you can get away with the lack of run speed in most Dragon Soul fights).

#209 Zantaz

Zantaz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Aye, I'm just waiting to win a heroic glove or chest token now, once I get that I should be able to swap out a single red gem and meet the breakpoint.

#210 Tyenar

Tyenar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

A couple questions about dots (and kinda general dps) -

1. When to refresh? If you have just hit a haste breakpoint I assume you should wait till MF/IS wear off before putting the respective dot back up. If you are mid way to a breakpoint, how do you know when the last tick goes off to know when to refresh or is it just feel?

2. I feel like in multidoting situations I loose too much time targeting the different mobs. Tab targeting seems to work half the time if they are within a certain range, but not all the time. How do people target 'fast enough'? For example on Blackhorn as the drakes fly by I am moving my camera every which way to try to be able to click on the drakes and quite often it seems to take more than finishing a global to get the next target. I know it's just seconds, but on fights where you switch targets so much and some seem difficult to target how do you not waste time?

#211 Mawic

Mawic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

2. I feel like in multidoting situations I loose too much time targeting the different mobs. Tab targeting seems to work half the time if they are within a certain range, but not all the time. How do people target 'fast enough'?

A good nameplates mod can be a big help for multi-dotting. I'm a fan of TidyPlates and ThreatPlates. TidyPlates is the base framework, and ThreatPlates changes the look and adds widgets.

Using the ThreatPlates "Debuff" widget you can put dot timers on the nameplates themselves, allowing you to easily survey the field and see which enemies are missing dots or have dots that are about to expire. Use the Whitelist option to ensure only your dots are visible.

Using the ThreatPlates "Custom Nameplates" function, you can adjust the visibility of nameplates for crowds of adds. By adjusting the size and transparency of those nameplates down to 60-70% of normal, you can still see the necessary details, but you can also see past them. This is especially critical late on H.Spine, where the sea of Corrupted Blood would blind you if the nameplates were all full size. Make sure to set the default Bliz UI to allow overlapping nameplates.

Whether this is useful or not probably depends a lot on your keybinds layout. In my case, I try to do all my movement and targeting with the mouse. This allows me to autorun, spin, adjust camera, and click nameplates entirely with one hand. All of my spells and actions are mapped to a 7x3 rectangle of keys on the keyboard, which is my other hand.

By keeping targeting/camera and spell casting on separate hands, multi-dotting becomes easy. While one hand is dotting your current target, your other hand can be adjusting the camera and getting ready to click the nameplate of your next target.

#212 Montiele

Montiele

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I should use Starsurge asap right?
I shouldn't cast an instant spell as first cast in eclipse right?
- Start Lunar Eclipse: starfire>IS>MF or Start Solar Eclipse: Wrath>IS>MF
I should refresh DOTs between eclipse or anytime they are time up?
Start fight I should cast starfire>IS>MF>SS>starfire or IS>MF>starfire>SS>starfire?

#213 ac90b671

ac90b671

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Bumping to keep this thread in the default 30 day filter. Note for any newcomers: The OP of this thread is still up to date for the 4.3 patch.

#214 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

:woo:

I'm not actually that up to date myself at the moment, but if there's a good consensus on endgame trinkets I can put in a quick note (never did them since I never played in T13).

#215 Tuscarora

Tuscarora

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

:woo:

I'm not actually that up to date myself at the moment, but if there's a good consensus on endgame trinkets I can put in a quick note (never did them since I never played in T13).

More or less, this is the situation:

- and are the best overall trinkets.
- (VP trinket) provides controlled burst on a low CD and thus it is a good choice on specific situations (Tendons on Heroic Spine). Otherwise, it's weak compared to the top trinkets.
- is good for AoE, but it's not better than either WoU or IotCM on single-target situations.

Not much to discuss since these four are the only T13 caster trinkets, and the normal versions (sometimes even the Raid Finder varieties) of the main T13 trinkets (WoU and IotCM) are better than all T12 trinkets.

#216 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

I'd agree with the above, also Cunning of the Cruel is excellent for the few multidot fights in the tier (Blackhorn, Madness).

Heroic VPLC is worth a sidenote though, it's very slightly better than Normal Insignia and doesn't have the drawback of potentially wasted procs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users