• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 P_H

P_H

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

I can only confirm that refreshing Lifebloom with Lifebloom will add a stack of Deep Corruption. It's effectively not possible to have a Lifebloom up for the latter half of the Purple debuff.

I believe (not confirmed, but I think I saw this behavior) that the 4t12 proc will not add a stack (I wasn't looking out for this, though), Efflo will not, and that trinket procs will not. I don't know about the Deathwing main hand.

I've also heard that WoG adds a stack. I also heard from a Priest in a different guild that he believed he saw his talented Renew add two stacks (one for the front-loaded 15% from the talent, the other from the actual HoT). I did not see this with my Rejuv, but I may have been distracted.

#22 Thedave

Thedave

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

I can only confirm that refreshing Lifebloom with Lifebloom will add a stack of Deep Corruption. It's effectively not possible to have a Lifebloom up for the latter half of the Purple debuff.

I believe (not confirmed, but I think I saw this behavior) that the 4t12 proc will not add a stack (I wasn't looking out for this, though), Efflo will not, and that trinket procs will not. I don't know about the Deathwing main hand.

I've also heard that WoG adds a stack. I also heard from a Priest in a different guild that he believed he saw his talented Renew add two stacks (one for the front-loaded 15% from the talent, the other from the actual HoT). I did not see this with my Rejuv, but I may have been distracted.

Summary for Yor'sahj Purple Alive:

• Tranquility = Instant Wipe
  • Rejuv = 1 Stack
  • Swiftmend = 1 Stack
  • Extra Swiftmend Proc from 4p T12 = 0 Stacks
  • Efflo = 0 Stacks
  • Lifebloom = 1 Stack
  • Lifebloom's Bloom = 0 Stacks
  • WG = 1 stack for every player it hits
  • HT/Regrowth/Nourish = 1 Stack
  • Trinket Healing Procs = 0 Stacks
  • Maw of the Dragonlord = 0 Stacks
  • Healthstones = 0 Stacks

#23 Tosya

Tosya

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Today we did 10p heroic mode. As far as I saw rejuv adds only 1 stack, refreshing Lifebloom with HT adds only 1 stack for HT, final bloom doesn't add stack. Heal from Maw of Dragonlord also doesn't add stacks.

Sorry if my English is to bad :)

#24 P_H

P_H

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:48 AM

That the 4t12 adds a stack explains quite a bit from last night's attempts.

Thedave has listed out pretty much everything else important.

A trick to have Lifebloom up that we'll be testing tonight is to put it on a Hunter or Warlock pet. I don't believe those gain the Deep Corruption debuff, so that's a way you can continue providing Replenishment for your raid and Revitalize for yourself.

#25 Guest_Alatar1313_*

Guest_Alatar1313_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

Re: Heroic Yor'sahj. We just did a bunch of wipes on it and it seemed that the purple stacks would only happen sometimes with some spells. I'm not sure what was up with it but sometimes I could rejuv the whole raid and only like 2 people would get stacks. I noticed the same issue with wild growth (only sometimes stacks on anyone that gets hit with it) and lifebloom (casting the spell directly, not refreshing). Has anyone else noticed this?

#26 Kluian

Kluian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

That's because you are probably seeing Deep Corruption incorrectly (there are two debuffs, one that doesn't stack, etc). If you use Grid you need Grid Status Raid debuff to see it properly.

Also it seems like a bug but Firebloom causes a stack. If your guild brings a resto druid to the encounter they'll have to avoid using their T12 4pc. I don't believe trinket heals cause stacks from what we saw during the encounter.

#27 Cefiks

Cefiks

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

That's because you are probably seeing Deep Corruption incorrectly (there are two debuffs, one that doesn't stack, etc). If you use Grid you need Grid Status Raid debuff to see it properly.

Also it seems like a bug but Firebloom causes a stack. If your guild brings a resto druid to the encounter they'll have to avoid using their T12 4pc. I don't believe trinket heals cause stacks from what we saw during the encounter.

I was told that Efflorescence triggers stacks on affected persons, thus totally ruining possibility of using Swiftmend. Now I know it does not, but if Firebloom triggers that, I will have to avoid using it anyway till they fix it. And same with proc trinkets mentioned earlier, I really don't see a point in uncontrollable stuff triggering it.

A trick to have Lifebloom up that we'll be testing tonight is to put it on a Hunter or Warlock pet. I don't believe those gain the Deep Corruption debuff, so that's a way you can continue providing Replenishment for your raid and Revitalize for yourself.

I'm expecting positive reply from you, getting some mana back before Mana void is killed seems pretty crucial to me, from what I've seen yesterday.

#28 Acrol

Acrol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Summary for Yor'sahj Purple Alive:

• Tranquility = Instant Wipe
  • Swiftmend = 1 Stack
  • Extra Swiftmend Proc from 4p T12 = 1 Stack
  • Rejuv = 1 Stack
  • Lifebloom = 1 Stack
  • HT/Regrowth/Nourish = 1 Stack
  • Trinket Healing Procs = 1 Stack
  • Efflo = 0 Stacks

TBD: Maw of the Dragonlord. Haven't found any public logs with anyone who has this.

Although I didn't explicitly test it, Lifebloom bloom was also giving one stack of deep corruption as far as I could tell.

#29 Thedave

Thedave

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Although I didn't explicitly test it, Lifebloom bloom was also giving one stack of deep corruption as far as I could tell.

I didn't notice that on the few times I used LB on a player. As far as I could tell, it was just 1 stack. Can we get confirmation from someone else that LB procs 2 stacks in total (once on the cast, once on the bloom)?

Just so we don't confuse other players reading this: generally for a purple phase, despite this talk about LB, a resto druid should be blanketing Rejuv as your pre-purple approach and only LBing a pet after that blanket is out.

#30 Shelendil

Shelendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

As far as I could tell, lifebloom only gives a stack on application, not on bloom.

#31 Dav1l

Dav1l

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Untalent Gift of the Eaerthmother and spam Rejuv on purple phases, if you want to be even remotely useful on this encounter. Also, Nature's Ward Rejuv proc doesn't create a stack of Deep Corruption so you might as well talent that.
Torte - Human Priest

#32 Sprucelee

Sprucelee

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Untalent Gift of the Eaerthmother and spam Rejuv on purple phases, if you want to be even remotely useful on this encounter. Also, Nature's Ward Rejuv proc doesn't create a stack of Deep Corruption so you might as well talent that.

Why would GOTEM matter, it's one stack regardless, right?

#33 Kluian

Kluian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

We tested Moonkins casting rejuv (and refreshing before it fell) on people with Deep Corruption on trash and it still put a stack. So as far as I can understand there's no reason to spec out of GotEM.

#34 Dav1l

Dav1l

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

I spent a whole night healing my group with rejuv giving zero stacks. Test on bosses, not on trash.
Torte - Human Priest

#35 Sprucelee

Sprucelee

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

I spent a whole night healing my group with rejuv giving zero stacks. Test on bosses, not on trash.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, a side question: why would you spec nature's ward if rejuvenation was already not causing a stack?

#36 Dav1l

Dav1l

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Because there's nothing else to spec into and it's additional healing for no mana.

I was moonkin on the kill so it hardly matters. Resto druids are the worst healing class for Yorsahj and you shouldn't bring any.
Torte - Human Priest

#37 Sprucelee

Sprucelee

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Because there's nothing else to spec into and it's additional healing for no mana.

I was moonkin on the kill so it hardly matters. Resto druids are the worst healing class for Yorsahj and you shouldn't bring any.

I just saw your spec, makes sense.

We don't really have the option to ditch druids. Can you elaborate a bit on why were are sucking on that fight in particular? Seemed like finding out about the gotem thing would bump us up a bit for purple.

#38 Thedave

Thedave

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

We tested Moonkins casting rejuv (and refreshing before it fell) on people with Deep Corruption on trash and it still put a stack. So as far as I can understand there's no reason to spec out of GotEM.

Backing Kluian's findings: as a Moonkin, my Rejuvs were giving 1 stack per application. This result is from the boss too - not the trash.

Now I'm just flat out curious about how to replicate the bug Torty experienced...

#39 Dav1l

Dav1l

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

I just saw your spec, makes sense.

We don't really have the option to ditch druids. Can you elaborate a bit on why were are sucking on that fight in particular? Seemed like finding out about the gotem thing would bump us up a bit for purple.

Because we don't have raid cooldown for any of the purple phases, we don't have tank cooldown and aoe healing can be done by holy paladins so that's not a problem. Using my guild's tactic, we had 4 purple phases out of 6 possible combos and there are 7 ooze phases on the encounter. I think we've got 5 purple phases on the kill. One class being almost useless on 5 phases out of 7 - you can do the math.

Backing Kluian's findings: as a Moonkin, my Rejuvs were giving 1 stack per application. This result is from the boss too - not the trash.

Now I'm just flat out curious about how to replicate the bug Torty experienced...

3 resto druids, 26 wipes. That was the whole tactic on purple phase we were working around.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
You can dig the log if you want.

P.S. Stop testing stuff on trash, in dps spec, without clear rules like 'only you healing the group'. It's not testing, it's what makes testing bad.
Torte - Human Priest

#40 Lauser

Lauser

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but on the log you linked (3 druids healing. I assume this was the rejuv strat?), you blew up quite a bit with Deep Corruption:
World of Logs - Deep Corruption (Damage Done = Friendly Fire)

If you look at your kill logs (no druid healers), there was only one explo:
World of Logs - Deep Corruption (Damage Done = Friendly Fire)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users