66 replies to this topic

#1 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

Ok, here we go.
Over the last few days I made a major update to the Rogue Cata Entry-Level Gear.

Its main purpose is to have a quick overview (albeit not 100% accurate, see below) for your own personal BiS list. Not more, not less.

What it features:
  • Hopefully all current rogue specific gear.
  • Automatic sorting of gear on a per slot basis according to the EP the user has entered.
  • EP presets for all three specs.
  • Automatic gemming of items, considering EP values and socket bonuses.
  • A seperate overview of when socket bonuses are worth gemming for.
  • Automatic reforging of items according to EP values (however, in a "dumb" way - see below)

What it does not:
  • Calculate your DPS, EP values or cycles. Use Shadowcraft to do that.
  • Obey caps. If (spell) hit is your best stat, it will value items with this stat the highest, even if you're long over the cap (a possible workaround is to set the EP value of hit to your second best EP stat, e.g. to haste or whatever).
  • Calculate trinkets. They are assumed to have a static, averaged out permanent bonus instead of a proc.
  • Reforge intelligently. It is kind of "dumb": if an item has 10 crit and 200 haste, it will reforge 4 crit into whatever stat is the best not currently present on the item. That may change in the future though.

How to use:
  • Download the .rar file and unpack it with WinRAR (or any other program capable of handling .rar files).
  • Read the "READ ME!" sheet.
  • Switch to the "EP Values & Settings" sheet and enter your EP values and choose your spec (or leave them at default). Also you can define here which loot you want to be displayed (or not).
  • Switch to "Gems" for an overview of what gems to use.
  • Switch to "Sorted List - Reforged Stats" for a sorted list of the items.
  • Use the "x" column to select which piece of equipment you have currently equipped (enter a '1' here and don't forget to remove it for my default gear).
  • ???
  • Profit

If you find any errors or missing items (besides heroic epics - I'll add them later), let me know. Most likely there will be at least a few.

A note to OpenOffice users:
The sheet does work in OpenOffice, but there seems to a bug (in at least 3.3) that the sorted list isn't updated correctly when you change your spec/EP values or loot categories. The EP calculation itself still seems to be correct, but it doesn't re-order (or hide) the items. You can manually force it do so if you remove one of numbers representing the position in the 'A' column and add it again. You only have to do this once - after that it updates the list just fine.
Again, let me know if you know why this behaviour occurs. Or how to fix it. I have no clue.

I've tested it in LibreOffice 3.4, and the bug is not present there, everything is working fine. Might also be the case for OO 3.4, I cannot say.

Current version:
r14 [2011/11/29]

Changelog:
  • r14: Updated to Patch 4.3. Still relying on PTR items.
  • r13: Updated to Patch 4.2. Heavy optimizations and speed-ups.
  • r12: Added all known 4.2 PTR gear. Some internal corrections and fixes.
  • r11: Added Patch 4.2 PTR gear. Corrected drop locations.
  • r10: Update for 4.1.
  • r9: Internal release, added Enchants tab.
  • r8: Fixed a few bugs and added missing gear.
  • r7: Added heroic gear, added loot selector.
  • r6: Added weapon DPS and speed EP estimations.
  • r5: Fixed 60% reforge bug. Corrected Embrace of the Night stats.
  • r4: Fixed Combat and Subtlety spec not working.
  • r3: First public release, added reforging and gemming.
  • r2: Internal only.
  • r1: Initial release in the Cataclysm Entry-Level Gear List thread.

Stopped Playing

#2 flippinpony

flippinpony

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

Great stuff, been hoping for something along these lines while we wait for ShadowCraft to be completed. How do I update the "+-" column once I change which piece of gear is equipped? Using Excel 2010, if that's relevant.

#3 Vlos

Vlos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

Just a quick note that when you change the preset spec indicator to Combat, you get a circular reference error. The lines that reference cells for gem EP (and I would assume gear EP as well, but I could still be wrong) don't seem to be working properly when you get to the IF statements.

I.E On the row that the gem sheet references it's EP values from, the name of the spec will change but none of the actual values will update from their assassination levels.

#4 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

@flippinpony
You don't, it should automatically. Maybe not in Excel2000, I don't know.

@Vlos
Correct, first major bug discovered. Currently only Assassination is working, will have to check later today after our raid.

Stopped Playing

#5 flippinpony

flippinpony

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

I got it working, I guess switching specs to combat and getting the circular reference error made that field stop updating as well.

#6 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Ok, that was a quick fix, should be working now.

Stopped Playing

#7 Hedia

Hedia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

It's reforging 60% instead of 40% of the secondary stats.

#8 Earl

Earl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

It's reforging 60% instead of 40% of the secondary stats.

Yeah, i've noticed that too. Also I think something is up with shoulders did the math manually and Embrace of the night comes out behind Caridean Epaulettes, seems like it was given 10 more agility than it actually has.

#9 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

Corrected the 60% bug and Embrace of the Night stats.
That's a leftover from when I manually added the socket boni to the item stats in the first release, most likely there'll be others. Keep posting any findings.

Stopped Playing

#10 Andeh

Andeh

The Titleless

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:30 PM

For the weapons, would it be terribly hard to add a stat for "DPS", with which you convert the weapon's base DPS into EP? The reason I ask is because simply evaluating the 359 Vicious Gladiator's Shanker based on its inferior stats isn't very accurate. It's ridiculously easy to get right now (5 arena wins this week, 5 wins next week), so should probably be seriously considered as a viable early weapon.

You could maybe also use this to evaluate DMC:H's relative value also, if you convert it's proc into DPS, and then on to EP.

#11 Deathrind

Deathrind

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

The spreadsheet only has a single group for rings. Wouldn't two groups be preferable?

#12 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

@Andeh
Yes it would be. I could add a static value for the assassination OH DPS, but that's about it (Aldriana stated that 1 DPS is worth about 1.2 EP for assassination). I cannot do so for any other spec, and neither for the main hand.
In terms DMC:H, see this post by Aldriana for a more accurate overview of trinkets. Note the difference between the two specs, I could only enter either of those into the sheet. Remember that it's no DPS calculator, it only adds things up.

@Deathrind
Actually, in my previous gear sheets (which I didn't publish) I had two enries for rings and trinkets. However I felt this was unnecessary, as you can simply enter your inferior ring/trinket to see the upgrades.

Stopped Playing

#13 Nyel

Nyel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

The sheet is missing Nightrend Choker

Nightrend Choker - Item - World of Warcraft

#14 SilverLight

SilverLight

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

Maimgor's Bite and Windslicer are both offhand only axes; at 2.6 speed it would seem to me that rogues are not the intended target for this gear.

#15 bigwhey

bigwhey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:24 AM

Excuse me for the noobness but I am not able to open and read this. I opened it in excel once but all the fields were just weird symbols.

I saved the file as it is and when trying to open it from Excel 2007 it doesn't even acknowledge it exists. Any help would be appreciated.

#16 Matl1

Matl1

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

@Deathrind
Actually, in my previous gear sheets (which I didn't publish) I had two enries for rings and trinkets. However I felt this was unnecessary, as you can simply enter your inferior ring/trinket to see the upgrades.

But won't having only one group of rings and trinkets make the reforging calculation change to something inferior? Since it does not take into account the 2nd ring and trinket.

#17 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

Reforging doesn't take into account caps or your other gear. It's "dumb" as it only reforges from the theoretically worst stat to the theoretically best. I don't see how having two groups would change that.

@SilverLight
In the course of adding weapon DPS and speed I've removed the 2.6 offhand weapons. They just don't make sense, and the new calculation doesn't support anything other than a dagger in your off hand.

@bigwhey
That sounds like your download is corrupted. Try downloading again.

Stopped Playing

#18 giriam

giriam

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

Something seems to be wrong with the gem calculations. Using the default EP for combat, haste is more valueable than mastery. Yet the yellow socket suggestion is adept ember topaz rather than the deft variety.

Am I missing something or is that a bug?

Edit: Ok, they are ranked properly, it's just a matter of the highlighted top-left listing not updating. Might be because of open office, I dont know

#19 Razzerian

Razzerian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

I'm sorry for the dumb question but I can't seem to find the AEP value for the DPS on a MH weapon for Assassination. I'd really like to calculate the difference between my current heroic 346 dagger (Windwalker Blade) and the Vicious Gladiator's shanker.

I already read that the shiv is an AEP loss towards the Quicksilver Blade HC or JP dagger but since neither dagger are included in the sheet I was just wondering? Have been asking around a bit to friends but few seem to be aware of the MH DPS AEP value.

I might just be missing it in the topics and if so I apologise but I have a very hard time reading on these forums due to the white background and it seems not possible to change it in the settings, so if I missed it, please don't infract me! >.<

#20 Cyrax_AdS

Cyrax_AdS

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

Yesterday i got "Unheeded Warning" Trinket. (Unheeded Warning - Item - World of Warcraft)

I don't see it in the sheet, forgot to include it or is it that bad for assassination ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users