Over the last few days I made a major update to the Rogue Cata Entry-Level Gear.
Its main purpose is to have a quick overview (albeit not 100% accurate, see below) for your own personal BiS list. Not more, not less.
What it features:
- Hopefully all current rogue specific gear.
- Automatic sorting of gear on a per slot basis according to the EP the user has entered.
- EP presets for all three specs.
- Automatic gemming of items, considering EP values and socket bonuses.
- A seperate overview of when socket bonuses are worth gemming for.
- Automatic reforging of items according to EP values (however, in a "dumb" way - see below)
What it does not:
- Calculate your DPS, EP values or cycles. Use Shadowcraft to do that.
- Obey caps. If (spell) hit is your best stat, it will value items with this stat the highest, even if you're long over the cap (a possible workaround is to set the EP value of hit to your second best EP stat, e.g. to haste or whatever).
- Calculate trinkets. They are assumed to have a static, averaged out permanent bonus instead of a proc.
- Reforge intelligently. It is kind of "dumb": if an item has 10 crit and 200 haste, it will reforge 4 crit into whatever stat is the best not currently present on the item. That may change in the future though.
How to use:
- Download the .rar file and unpack it with WinRAR (or any other program capable of handling .rar files).
- Read the "READ ME!" sheet.
- Switch to the "EP Values & Settings" sheet and enter your EP values and choose your spec (or leave them at default). Also you can define here which loot you want to be displayed (or not).
- Switch to "Gems" for an overview of what gems to use.
- Switch to "Sorted List - Reforged Stats" for a sorted list of the items.
- Use the "x" column to select which piece of equipment you have currently equipped (enter a '1' here and don't forget to remove it for my default gear).
If you find any errors or missing items (besides heroic epics - I'll add them later), let me know. Most likely there will be at least a few.
A note to OpenOffice users:
The sheet does work in OpenOffice, but there seems to a bug (in at least 3.3) that the sorted list isn't updated correctly when you change your spec/EP values or loot categories. The EP calculation itself still seems to be correct, but it doesn't re-order (or hide) the items. You can manually force it do so if you remove one of numbers representing the position in the 'A' column and add it again. You only have to do this once - after that it updates the list just fine.
Again, let me know if you know why this behaviour occurs. Or how to fix it. I have no clue.
I've tested it in LibreOffice 3.4, and the bug is not present there, everything is working fine. Might also be the case for OO 3.4, I cannot say.
- r14: Updated to Patch 4.3. Still relying on PTR items.
- r13: Updated to Patch 4.2. Heavy optimizations and speed-ups.
- r12: Added all known 4.2 PTR gear. Some internal corrections and fixes.
- r11: Added Patch 4.2 PTR gear. Corrected drop locations.
- r10: Update for 4.1.
- r9: Internal release, added Enchants tab.
- r8: Fixed a few bugs and added missing gear.
- r7: Added heroic gear, added loot selector.
- r6: Added weapon DPS and speed EP estimations.
- r5: Fixed 60% reforge bug. Corrected Embrace of the Night stats.
- r4: Fixed Combat and Subtlety spec not working.
- r3: First public release, added reforging and gemming.
- r2: Internal only.
- r1: Initial release in the Cataclysm Entry-Level Gear List thread.