• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Schmoopy

Schmoopy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

From all that I have read, Unheeded Warning is bad for rogues in general, and is especially bad for assassination.

I understand it to have a 60 sec ICD and 10 sec duration. So best case, its up for 1/6 of the fight. So for 1/6 of the fight auto attacks do 25% more dmg, which is an overall gain of 4.166% on auto attacks. At the high end, auto attacks might be doing 25% of your total dmg (from my recounts thus far its closer to 20-22%), so thats a 4.166% increase on 25% of your dmg or an overall net gain of 1.04% dps from the proc. (Note: This napkin math is credit of "atrox" from the wowhead comments for this item).

While the static agility is nice, the proc is pretty much garbage for us and as a result several blue trinkets are better than it.

#22 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

@giriam
Hm, if that sorting isn't working, then none of the other should either. It's using the same (basic) formula.
I've just installed OpenOffice (3.2.1) and it's working fine for me.

@Cyrax_AdS
It's in the sheet, it's just so bad that it doesn't show up in the top 10. I've increased the trinkets to show top 15 since you can have two.

@Razzerian
That's because I just added it with this release (r6).

Which gets me right on topic, new release r6:
  • Included weapon speed and DPS as an EP estimation. This values were taken from Caffeine's web UI for Shadowcraft (http://shadowcraft-test.appspot.com/), derived from more or less BiS T11 heroic gear.
    Note that these values are only an estimation, as they will likely fluctuate heavily depending on your gear. I also wasn't able to reproduce Aldriana's EP values 100%, so they might not necessarily comply with the rest of the EP. But it's a ballpark.
    The new ranking can be found at the bottom of the two sheets ("Sorted List - Base Stats" and "Sorted List - Reforged Stats").
    I also have no clue about Subtlety gearing and weapon choices, so these values are left blank.
  • Removed any 2.6 off hand weapons. They make no sense, use daggers. Weapon calculation also only accepts values up to 1.8 for the off hand.
  • Increased display for rings, trinkets and weapons from 10 to 15.

Stopped Playing

#23 xumie

xumie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

Al'akir drops leather pants, I can't wowhead link cuz it's the random suffix loot, but stats are:

1460 leather
Red socket
Blue socket
+20 agi socket bonus
511 Stamina
301 Agi
208 Haste Rating
208 Mastery Rating

I'm sure other suffixes exist.

#24 bigwhey

bigwhey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

I am still having problems viewing the sheet. I dont understand bc other spreadsheet work just fine. Anyways, does anyone know for Assass Rogues(spell hit capped) if I should be using a reforged Left Eye of Rajh - Item - World of Warcraft over Tia's Grace - Item - World of Warcraft or Schnotzz's Medallion of Command - Item - World of Warcraft. Ive seen some trinket lists on here that dont even have schnottz on it but it has so much agility. I was wondering if the proc on AsjLeft Eye was that much better.
Thanks

#25 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

I've just read your first post again, and

I saved the file as it is and when trying to open it from Excel 2007 it doesn't even acknowledge it exists.

Are you trying to open the .rar file itself in Excel? That won't work, the file is packed with WinRAR, you first have to extract it to get the .xls file.

Regarding trinkets: Schnotzz' isn't even in the sheets, it's that bad. Tia's Grace is good, Left Eye isn't that bad.

Stopped Playing

#26 Cerevantes

Cerevantes

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

I'm wondering if its possible to evaluate the 2 minute popping trinkets (namely ) to be popped alongside Vendetta/Cold Blood 100% of the time & Vanish/Overkill 50% of the time. Just from Raw EP values Tia's Grace and Key to the endless chamber beat it out, but I've been seeing several very high parses with UR in people without gear above my own.

Basically asking this for myself and all those are are sitting with Fluid Death and X trinket until Nef is so kind to give his machinations to us.
Posted Image

#27 Aldriana

Aldriana

Mike Tyson

• Moderators
  • 13510 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

The only one of those three effects that's easily modelable is the stacking with Vendetta, which increases its effective uptime to ~19%, which puts it just behind (though on a par with) H:Key. I'd expect the benefit of the other two procs too be quite a bit smaller than the Vendetta benefit. So realistically its probably fair to see Riddle is competitive and perhaps even marginally superior to H:Key, but still behind Prestor's and H: Cyclone

#28 Cerevantes

Cerevantes

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

The only one of those three effects that's easily modelable is the stacking with Vendetta, which increases its effective uptime to ~19%, which puts it just behind (though on a par with) H:Key. I'd expect the benefit of the other two procs too be quite a bit smaller than the Vendetta benefit. So realistically its probably fair to see Riddle is competitive and perhaps even marginally superior to H:Key, but still behind Prestor's and H: Cyclone

Thank you for the quick response! Now for a bit of a newbie question. I've searched through all the rogue threads, and while the overwhelming feeling is obviously that "Overkill is good, maximize its uptime," there are no explanations of its mechanic. Does it modify base energy regen only? or does it modify base + haste-enhanced energy regen?

I've done several searches for it already with no luck. The question was asked Here in the 216 page Assassination rogue thread but was ignored. I also saw Aldriana's post Here where you explain that you did the math and Precision was always x3 better than elusiveness, but that's the closest to an overkill mechanic explanation I've heard.

My reasoning is that if Overkill doesn't scale with hasted energy regen, then while its value does scale with gear upgrades, it doesn't scale as well, and doesn't scale as well with haste specifically. Every time I get another .5% haste I go and redo 10 different 6 1/2 minute parse on Heroic raid test dummies with 0/3 precision 2/2 elusiveness and the results are similar to 2/3 precision.

My Guild is starting Heroics this week and 30 seconds off Cloak alone will be a lifesaver while learning solong as I'm not sacrificing much dps, never mind if it was a wash or better yet a dps gain to be able to stack Vendetta, CB, Overkill every time.
Posted Image

#29 Aldriana

Aldriana

Mike Tyson

• Moderators
  • 13510 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

So far as I know this has not been tested - its still listed as an open question in the Mechanics Testing thread - but based on how Vitality and AR work, I strongly suspect Overkill stacks multiplicatively with haste for purposes of determining energy regen.

#30 Zarly

Zarly

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Just thought I'd point out that this item is listed incorrectly as not having a meta slot when in fact it does resulting in it appearing to be worse than it is.

Following the directions on entering new gear details in the 'Gear Base Stats' sheet and inserting a '1' in the Meta row fixes this.

#31 mrdirtt

mrdirtt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Yet another thank you for another very pleased user.

I have been adding a few custom items to my spreadsheet but have run into a problem.
I wanted to evaluate the PVP set on this sheet since it has such an excellent 4 piece bonus.
Do you have any tips on how I would try to enter this bonus on the spreadsheet so that the pieces can be evaluated?
I am giving Resilience an EP Value of 0 since it has no effect on PVE.

#32 Syncness

Syncness

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

Yet another thank you for another very pleased user.

I have been adding a few custom items to my spreadsheet but have run into a problem.
I wanted to evaluate the PVP set on this sheet since it has such an excellent 4 piece bonus.
Do you have any tips on how I would try to enter this bonus on the spreadsheet so that the pieces can be evaluated?
I am giving Resilience an EP Value of 0 since it has no effect on PVE.

Only the mainhand and 2pc Viscous (Legs and Shoulders) are PvE upgrades, the latter being a very small upgrade (like 20ish EP).

This was posted somewhere around here before.

[e] this is for Assassination
[e] Source for weapons: http://elitistjerks....p5/#post1823629

#33 Fae

Fae

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

I commented 2-set bonus for combat here.

As the sheet doesn't support set bonuses, I tried to evaluate 2-set bonus this way: I picked 2 pieces with the best stats for combat and added +35 agility as a socket bonus on both of them. I also had to change blue socket on leggings to be red socket, because in reality, we'll put red gem in there.

I guess you can do the same with 4-set bonus. But always keep in mind that items are as good as they show only if you equip all of them at once.

Only the mainhand and 2pc Viscous (Legs and Shoulders) are PvE upgrades, the latter being a very small upgrade (like 20ish EP).

According to the sheet, is also best pre-raid offhand for combat.

#34 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

As explained in the sheet, take the weapon recommendations with a grain of salt. While they are based on ShadowCraft's EP values, they are quite simplified to fit into the sheet (though they appeared to be more or less stable) and as well aren't necessarily correct for your gear (as always if you don't use personalized EP values).
The Shiv however is at least a decent off hand. And ridiculously easy to acquire.

That being said, I hope I'll be able to update the sheet tomorrow with some heroic gear etc. I'm making progress with my muted sound addon, so I can go back to item scraping. This and I really need an overview of heroic gear for myself by now.

Stopped Playing

#35 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

Updated to r7.
It includes heroic gear now (and those nifty random enchanted legs from Al'akir). Also fixed the meta gem bug for C'thuns Helmet and added some PvP pieces (no blues though).

The most apparent change is probably that I added loot categories so that you can choose to not display e.g. heroic raid loot gear or questing/reputation items.*

* I hope that the dropdowns/checkboxes do work outside of a German Excel. Not so sure about this with Microsoft's policy to localize their formula function words (if anyone didn't understands what I was trying to say here: for example 'TRUE' becomes 'WAHR' in German Excel and I don't know if that's ok to use in a dropdown). Let me know if it doesn't work.

Also, OpenOffice users seems to suffer from a bug that the sorted list isn't updated correctly when you change your spec/EP values or loot categories. The EP calculation itself still seems to be correct, but it doesn't re-order (or hide) the items. You can manually force it do so if you remove one of numbers representing the position in the 'A' column and add it again. You only have to do this once - after that it updates the list just fine.
Again, let me know if you know why this behaviour occurs. Or how to fix it. I have no clue.

// Edit
Oh, and also, does anybody know what's the drop behaviour of the heroic tokens? Do they drop from all bosses on heroic mode or are they again split up amongst specific bosses?

Stopped Playing

#36 Stony

Stony

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

forlorn vanquisher - Search - World of Warcraft
According to the armory, for heroic tokens
glove is from Magmaw + Atramedes
legs are from Magmaw + Maloriak
chest is from Halfus+Valiona+Council
shoulders from Chogall
hat from Nef

Al Akir seems to drop the essence of forlorn, that lets you get any token.

#37 Fae

Fae

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the update, I really like to use your sheet for browsing thru gear and planning possible upgrades.

I've got some feedback to the newest version:
  • Dropdowns work (in english excel 2007), but they show german "WAHR" and "FALSH". Not a big deal.
  • Although when I use the loot categories feature and uncheck any of them (for example "RaidHeroic") every single line in "Weapons incl. Speed & DPS" section goes blank, thats a bit annoying.
  • When we have those random enchanted legs from Al'akir now, what about the random enchanted belts and rings from Conclave of Wind? I have no problem adding them myself (it seems that wowhead already has all relevant drops data), but it would be nice to have those included out-of-the-box.
  • Regarding added Vicious armor pieces, did you consider implementing some kind of support of set bonuses? Again, it's not hard to add the extra agility manually, but in it's current state and without any comment about it, the value of those items may be a bit misleading for less experienced users.

#38 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Good catches all.
I added the missing waist/rings, updated the drop locations and the dropdown boxes should be working now as well (both in terms of language and functionality with the weapons).

Stopped Playing

#39 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5668 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

Dropdowns work (in english excel 2007), but they show german "WAHR" and "FALSH". Not a big deal.

This is more of a way MS localizes stuff, the internal function of the booleans is the same but localized versions may display it differently according to the language settings of the viewer and/or spreadsheet creator. Take it like most MS, it's not a bug, it's a feature.
How to get an Android Authenticator on your PC. (updated feb'11)

http://goo.gl/fackr

#40 Valadar

Valadar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

I just wanted to mention that the stats for Don Rodrigo's Fabulous Necklace are incorrect. You currently have its stats set identical to that of the Necklace of Strife with 127 haste and 127 mastery. However, its actual stats are 96 haste and 145 mastery. This places it slightly worse than the double dragon neck, even pre-heroic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users