• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Jodou

Jodou

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Please let me know if I'm completely blind, but I think you are missing a set of bracers on your sheet.

Flickering Wristbands - Item - World of Warcraft

Dropped for me yesterdayfrom Alysrazor, "of the Zephir".

The reason I, and I'm assuming sp00n, didn't have them on our lists was because it would have been pure speculation at the time. Even if the T11 combinations carried over, there was no telling what the final stats would be. You can manually add them yourself if you unhide the gear base stats until sp00n releases a new revision, though.

#62 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

Updated to patch 4.3.

Most items should be included, at least from the Dragon Soul raid.
I'm not sure if all of them exist though, especially those that are bought via Valor Points also have counterparts that are flagged as Heroic and RaidFinder quality, but no drop location has been given for them and they don't appear on MMO-Champion. So they just might be "phantom" items just like the upgradeable items in Firelands that never made it through.

Trinket values are dummy values as long as the proc behavior isn't known.

// Edit
Yes, Wrath of Unchaining is missing.

Stopped Playing

#63 Burzolog

Burzolog

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

, , and (and their clones) are all missing as well.

#64 Lure

Lure

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

Great piece of work thanks.

Along the lines of re-evaluating stat weights... On your spreadsheet it states "Hit is set to equal Mastery for reforging reasons for Assassination. You should aim for the spell hit cap anyway, after which you should reforge to Mastery."

Would it make sense to evaluate 40% of the hit on an item as if it were mastery as opposed to 1:1 which your spreadsheet defaults to. For example, using the T13 figures on the Assassination Guide, hit is worth .87 and mastery is worth 1.62. So:

.40(1.62) + .60(.87) = 1.17

So white hit would be worth 1.17 since 40% of it can be reforged to mastery on (I believe) most items. Obviously this value is higher if you are not at spell hit cap.

#65 Sarvius

Sarvius

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:48 AM

Hit=mastery because you cap spell hit and then reforge to mastery. So we're talking about spell hit and not mastery. The point is that an item with hit/haste should be precisely as valuable as an item with mastery/haste, instead of significantly more valuable. Because unless there's a huge lack of hit elsewhere (there's not), you'll cap spells regardless of which particular pieces of gear have the actual hit. Everything else will just be turned into mastery. White hit is very very very bad and will remain so regardless of other factors.

#66 Lure

Lure

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

Alright that makes sense. Basically since you will never take hit for the purposes of "white hit" then it would be pointless to weight it with that in mind. Thanks for the info.

I guess where it gets more complicated would be if you had an item with crit and haste (or something non-mastery) and you reforged 40% of that crit to mastery, suddenly the item becomes worth more based on that reforged mastery. It looks like the spreadsheet accounts for preferred reforging however.

#67 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

Yep, it automatically reforges the worst stat into the best stat and takes the resulting "reforged EP" for evaluating the item.
It's not too clever in doing reforges though, if an item had say 10 crit and 100 haste, it would reforge the 4 crit into mastery instead of 40 haste. But with the items we've seen so far this hasn't been a problem.

Stopped Playing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users