1110 replies to this topic

#1101 mascaras

mascaras

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hi

its maybe a Bug , same thing happen if you use the warrior charge !

best regards

#1102 Astralax

Astralax

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Perhaps with the implementation of the new Killing Spree Glyph Blizz has modified fights like Madness and Ultraxion to which you are forced to use the glyph.

I have not had had a chance to try it as I have been chest deep in code this week.

I used unglyphed KS on Madness yesterday night. I was teleported behind his head while KS was going on, and then back to the land in the middle of the platform once it had finished. (Madness HC, European Realm, Weds 29th). I don't think it is as simple as just "You need the glyph now.", though given other poster's issues whatever the intention behind the fight, the glyph seems like a safe call.

#1103 Sulphuric

Sulphuric

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Has there been any rough numbers yet on how much uptime you need on a target out of the 18s before using RvS becomes a DPS loss?

#1104 Kortiah

Kortiah

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

I used unglyphed KS on Madness yesterday night. I was teleported behind his head while KS was going on, and then back to the land in the middle of the platform once it had finished. (Madness HC, European Realm, Weds 29th). I don't think it is as simple as just "You need the glyph now.", though given other poster's issues whatever the intention behind the fight, the glyph seems like a safe call.

I used KS on both Ultraxion and Madness yesterday, without the glyph I had the same happening.

Ultraxion : no change, still KS-ing in front of him without moving

Madness P1 : no change, still not moving on plateforms 2 & 3, and "climbing" the limbs on 1 & 4

Madness P2: went behind the head, resulting in going back and forth because of the "wind jump" between plateforms. I ended up where I started the spree, but it was because of the carrying winds in my opinion (looked like I was landing on the plateform rather than reappearing in front of the head)

Overall nothing changed without the glyph on those bosses.

#1105 Violetta

Violetta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

One interesting quirk to note with the patch: with Glyphed Adrenaline Rush, it is possible to get an extra finisher out of your dagger procs if you have both up simultaneously due to the GCD reduction. Stacks also seem to be going much faster since the patch.

#1106 Sakuratei

Sakuratei

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

One interesting quirk to note with the patch: with Glyphed Adrenaline Rush, it is possible to get an extra finisher out of your dagger procs if you have both up simultaneously due to the GCD reduction. Stacks also seem to be going much faster since the patch.

I was noticing the quickening of stacks as well, but wrote it off as anecdotal evidence based on not playing with daggers for a while. Not that it matters all too much since Mop is less than a month away, people might as well play what spec they prefer at this point.

#1107 Isebel

Isebel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

As Sakuratei said this isn't a huge difference here but the daggers as of now do stack incredibly faster (how much exactly I'm not sure) AND they also proc off of Fan of Knives for whatever fight you're using it on as far as I've seen.

I haven't actually ran numbers on what's best at 85 simply on the fact that it won't be here for much longer but I'd suggest playing everything if you haven't tested on Beta to get a relative feel for the specs as they are each slightly different now.

#1108 Kayora

Kayora

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Just thought I'd mention, that after a few tests, 2.6/2.6 still has no chance against 2.6/1.8.

Something everyone probably forgot about with having the Legendary Daggers.

#1109 Kushiina

Kushiina

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

Did U analyzed why an fast offhand provides more DPS?
Mastery proc is nomalized, so there should be no difference.
Maybe the new deadly poison 30% chance is not normalized to weapon speed, so we get more poison procs thanks to a faster offhand?

#1110 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Deadly poison is not on PPM mechanic, it has a fixed chance of application. I don't think this was changed in any way in 5.0.

#1111 Kayora

Kayora

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yes, Deadly Poison is not a PPM.
When using two slow weapons(2.6/2.6) the procs heavily drop from 2.6/1.8, while the damage stays the same.

Therefore DP is not normalized to weapon speed, granting us more procs with faster weapons.

A shame really, I was so looking forward to two Fist Weapons.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users