• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#321 Mattameus

Mattameus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Tested it more this week. It appears although I could have missed something.. that as long as BoH is the first spell YOU cast on the target.. it works. Once I even noticed that rathrak went off on a target next to the one i was about to bane.. thus spreading the debuff to that target which caused the BoH I applied seconds later to not work.

Can anyone else test/confirm/deny that applying BoH FIRST does indeed work consistently? So far so good for me.

p.s. I believe I even have video of the rathrak incident. I will try to crop it and provide a link.

#322 PutressENJIN

PutressENJIN

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Still trying to recreate this and having no luck. I've talked to quite a few locks on my server and no one has had any problems with this. So it seems it is not a class wide issue.

#323 TehFran

TehFran

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

New to Destruction. I'm still trying to figure out where exactly should I place Bane of Havok in different encounters.

Obvious Kochrom is obvious. But besides that.

Yor'Sahj when I'm AoEing the black adds is obvious too, but should I put it on the fat guy when I'm switching into the drops, or should I leave Bane of Doom on him and Agony the drop?

Havoking the last pillar on Hagara frost phase is logical too, as is havoking the second boulder when two raid members are frozen.

Havoking DW's soon to be cadaver on madness: okay too.

Ultraxion: um. Yeah. Nothing to see here.

But what about the rest? Havok on Blackthorn, okay, but what about the adds - am I supposed to havok the second dragon?

Oh, and the spine. Spine's a mess.

#324 Bobtheflea

Bobtheflea

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

But what about the rest? Havok on Blackthorn, okay, but what about the adds - am I supposed to havok the second dragon?

I recommend for Blackhorn that you put BoH on Goriona in the beginning. It will equal about 750k damage on Goriona.

#325 Syrjyys

Syrjyys

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

That works on normal on hc Havoc on Blackhorn is the way to go. And about Havoc working on Morchok, now 3 tickets later it's said to be a known bug and it will be fixed in "next" patch... Also I'm not 100% sure about this but same bug seem to occur on Madness if there is one platform between you and tentancle with havoc...

#326 Morninglory

Morninglory

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

That works on normal on hc Havoc on Blackhorn is the way to go.

Actually, you want it on Goriona to start, and then swap it to Blackhorn and DPS Goriona once he lands.

#327 Milla

Milla

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hello there fellow warlocks :)

My guild is currently working on heroic Spine so was wondering if you have any good tips how to squeeze some extra dps. My trinkets in this fight are Bottled Wishes + Will of Unbinding normal.On tendon I use demon soul+trinket+soulburn buff and immolate+conflagrate+inci spam.

I raid as destro for replenishment buff but if demo or affli is significantly better for this I guess I could give it a go.

#328 Austin23

Austin23

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hello there fellow warlocks :)

My guild is currently working on heroic Spine so was wondering if you have any good tips how to squeeze some extra dps. My trinkets in this fight are Bottled Wishes + Will of Unbinding normal.On tendon I use demon soul+trinket+soulburn buff and immolate+conflagrate+inci spam.

I raid as destro for replenishment buff but if demo or affli is significantly better for this I guess I could give it a go.

Affliction should perform well on spine, as well as demo. As Affliction, you can CoE a nearby add before lifts so tendon spawns with Jinx, saving a GCD in your opener. You can soulburn a SoC onto pack of adds (remember to use soul shatter) right before lift to ensure 100% uptime on Eradication during burn. Using soul swap off of the Amalgamation with Bane of Doom/Corruption/UA onto the tendon and then using Shadowflame on CD/Shadow Bolt should provide solid damage.

Demo is simply a matter of making sure you have as much mastery as possible (moonwell chalice is nice) and praying for impending doom procs. You problably won't have meta for every lift though, save your doomguard for a lift where meta is on CD.

One thing to Mention about Destruction on this fight is that you have Shadowfury. This spell is extremely useful to reduce the damage your tanks are taking from the bloods, particularly on the third plate. However, Destruction probably provides the least amount of tendon damage of the three specs.

#329 krno

krno

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

From my experience Destru performs well on spine. First CoE, Immolate + Cor, then Conflag on CD, shadowflame on CD and spam Incin + Chaos. Try to have a Soul Fire buff on top before the Tendon spawns, and use sec before spawn Soul Burn and Demon Soul. Ofc >20% use Shadowburn.

#330 Eøs

Eøs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'd love to see this updated once more before MoP Drops. This is an amazing guide for destro locks, I highly recommend this guide to any and all locks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users