• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#241 Blueobelisk

Blueobelisk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

On Hagara the Stormbinder, when the Iceshards starts rotating around the room, Ice Block works & as they are coming towards you, Blink will make you avoid being hit.
Invisibility did not work to dodge any mechanic on that encounter afaik.
I tend to keep Ice Block aswell, if an Ice Tomb is about to form on me, I just pop IB while it's still in the air, when it's falling down, it's too late & atleast this way you can tell your raid to focus the other crystal first or just stay alive longer as you won't take damage untill it runs out. Obvious but still worth mentioning I believe.

In addition to this, on Heroic Hagara in the Frozen Tempest phase when you get the "Frostflake" debuff on you, you can dispel it yourself with iceblock but it will still leave the patch of ice on the floor, so you still have to run out of the group off on the side before doing so. This is useful if your healer isn't dispelling you fast enough or can't dispel you.

And on the lightning phase, after the add dies you can still act as a conductor for the lightning (as in it will pass from the person in front of you, to you, to the person behind you) with iceblock up. In 25 man mode they kill the add on me and since I get hit by the lightning much more than other players, it helps a lot with survivability.

#242 canyoneagle

canyoneagle

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

On Hagara the Stormbinder, when the Iceshards starts rotating around the room, ... Blink will make you avoid being hit.
Invisibility did not work to dodge any mechanic on that encounter afaik.

Not surprising, but good to know that blink does work. I was not brave enough to "experiment" at the risk of dying.

Has anyone tried cauterize on this particular mechanic? I know that players can be killed if in the vicinity (rather than in physical contact with) the ice wall, so I would imagine that the damage would "tick" more than once, rendering cauterize useless, if I were to venture a guess. I'm just checking to see if anyone has tried it (and the success/failure of doing so).

#243 Senovit

Senovit

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yes, it hits multiple times, so you will not be able to walk through and expect cauterize to save you.

#244 rh8452

rh8452

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

I can't fathom anyone using a strat that doesn't involve ranged + healers stacking on top of Hagara in the middle, healing through the bubble damage.

For mages you dot 3 crystals and the phase ends much more quickly than it would if your entire raid had to run along with ice walls.

#245 Exy

Exy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Some tips i use on hagara 10 HM frost phase

As mage fire it's very easy to survive a long time outside the bubble without any heal or dispell.

First of all like someone said before you can blink through the frost wave which allow you to remain on the same crystals(blinking counter-clock) and to answer to the most scared of you i manage (to test and succeed..yeah lot of wipe helps) to get through the wave with any speed effect(i'm worgen) and evocating right after cauterize proc(do not do this normal or slow speed the damage may tick two times)
If your blink is on cooldown and you are stuck in an ice pacth you have to run in the bubble to pass the wave(dont get too far from the center a this time because you cannot blink every wave)
About the dispell of Frostflake you need to get Molten Shields from you fire tree, with your mage ward up when you get the debuff you will be dispelled and under blazingspeed by taking damage from watery entrenchment(damage aura in the bubble) at this point you could use your speed to avoid the wave by getting quickly in the bubble. If you get the debuff two time in a row... well iceblock is the only way to survive without any help.

hope this is clear and understandable

#246 Ineedtofu

Ineedtofu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Working on Heroic Madness, does anyone know if it is better to living bomb 3 adds and then start aoeing like a lock or just straight aoe with Blast Wave, Flame Strike, Dragon's Breath, etc?

#247 odyz

odyz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

That depends on the other aoe your raid is putting out. We drop the 2nd parasite on the arm so we can cleave it with the bloods and the arm. I like to impact spread a living bomb to the adds, fishing with blastwave if necessary and then just go into blizzard for the massive spellweave procs.

#248 Ineedtofu

Ineedtofu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

Does blizzard proc spellweave more than flame strikes and AE?

#249 rh8452

rh8452

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

I wouldn't think so, but it's likely the best option if bloods have less than say 5 seconds left to live, where setting up AE is not practical as fire.

#250 404error

404error

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

For those looking to start hUltra as fire, you will still die from hour of twilight if you ice block with the debuff Looming Darkness. In my hUltra attempts tonight I had attempted to use cauterize for an hour of twilight then ice block another one, but died when I was ice blocked.

#251 Light4

Light4

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

On a related note, soloing the Void Sphere on Zon'ozz with Iceblock to bounce it back doesn't work, it passes straight through. You can however, bounce it with Cauterize and block afterwards.

#252 rh8452

rh8452

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Best way to do it is talent molten shields, blink out to solo soak it, proc cauterize, mage ward, cauterize tick procs blazing speed, run in. Even better as worgen, as if you've procced blazing speed, worgen sprint racial stacks with it so you run in at beyond mounted speed and can be restacked with the raid in one GCD.

I don't ever iceblock on zon'ozz unless I have the random debuff on top of cauterize.

#253 Blueobelisk

Blueobelisk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

For those looking to start hUltra as fire, you will still die from hour of twilight if you ice block with the debuff Looming Darkness. In my hUltra attempts tonight I had attempted to use cauterize for an hour of twilight then ice block another one, but died when I was ice blocked.

In addition to this, if you try to Ice Block the first one, and Cauterize the second (opposite order of what you did), it won't work because you will still get the Looming Darkness debuff even with Ice Block, and when you try to soak the second with Cauterize you'll be instantly killed because of the debuff.

#254 stinkbutt

stinkbutt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Under normal circumstances 70 seconds is sufficient time to obtain 10 stacks of the Stolen Time (T13x4) buff, ensuring that your next Combustion will likewise be available in only 70 seconds. However, on Heroic Yor'sahj this is not the case. Even though it is critical that one has Combustion available for each and every black phase, which occur every 75 seconds, it is difficult with a normal rotation because you are forced to Scorch while running alongside and DPSing the incoming oozes.

To address this I throw out 2-3 Arcane Blast during each ooze phase, usually 2 on the ooze and then 1 on the boss after the ooze is dead. It stacks the buff more rapidly than Fireball and eliminates the chance of the buff stack accidentally falling off. Certainly, this is a DPS loss, at least on the oozes. However, the difference is easily made up by having Combustion available every single black phase as 5/6 of them include a black ooze that is never killed, meaning lots of Forgotten One adds for you to spread Combustion to.

#255 Gaws

Gaws

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

I don't know if it's good to revive such an old topic or to just make a new one but here goes.

On Feng the Accursed, you can Ice Block off "Arcane Resonance".
You can Blink through the flanking Mogu statues, on the Spirit Kings. You can also blink out of Pinned Arrow.
On Elegon, you can stand just at the edge of the dome and when you get the stacking "Overcharged" debuff, you can just jump with an instant cast or when refreshing your Mage Bomb instead of moving back and forth.

#256 Heef

Heef

Piston Honda

• Moderators
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I don't know if it's good to revive such an old topic or to just make a new one but here goes.

On Feng the Accursed, you can Ice Block off "Arcane Resonance".
You can Blink through the flanking Mogu statues, on the Spirit Kings. You can also blink out of Pinned Arrow.
On Elegon, you can stand just at the edge of the dome and when you get the stacking "Overcharged" debuff, you can just jump with an instant cast or when refreshing your Mage Bomb instead of moving back and forth.

I will fire up a new tips/tricks thread tonight and sticky it. Please feel free to re-post this there as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users