• This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

#221 Oggs

Oggs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

Whenever i get my Ti'tahk and Insignia procs together, should i re cast every dot for more dps? And with only one of that procs?

#222 ZumoO

ZumoO

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Bobtheflea: The trinkets rankings don't take static stats in account (and 517 intel >>> 321 mastery).

#223 Bobtheflea

Bobtheflea

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

Bobtheflea: The trinkets rankings don't take static stats in account (and 517 intel >>> 321 mastery).

Thank you very much for clearing that up. I believe I read that a few months ago, but my memory lost it.
-Cheers

#224 Vuist

Vuist

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

Why is Lightning rod better than any of the weapons Deathwing drops?

#225 angaroth

angaroth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

It isn't, but an AoE haste buff and an AoE dps effect are not easily captured in a single-target single-user simulation. Build points spent buffing your raid members and/or killing Forgotten Ones, Corrupted Blood, Hemorrhage Bloods &c don't count.

#226 Bobtheflea

Bobtheflea

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

I have noticed that with BiS T13 you will be able to get past the 3132 Corruption during Timewarp breakpoint. As of now Simulationcraft has haste rating at 3091, but with the lavawalker enchant, by changing this out to the 50 haste enchant you will be able to get past the last breakpoint.
Cheers

#227 nubstix

nubstix

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Unless I'm doing something wrong in chardev/simcraft, the normal BiS no legendary makes no sense. The listed setup doesn't even get hitcapped, and there's a +20 hit/+20int gem in a prismatic socket as well, which might make sense if it made the reforging clean to hitcap or something, but it doesn't. Furthermore, the 391 neck is listed as BiS, but substituting the 397 opal of the secret order in (and reforging to 1742 hit and replacing the +20 hit/+20 int in the prismatic socket of the belt with a +40 int) gives me an increase of 200 dps. Furthermore, then substituting rath'rak + dragonfire orb over lightning rod (and subbing in kavan's forsaken treads, reforging to a messy 1747 hit) yields an increase of 680 dps over that, so a total of 880 more DPS than the given normal BiS. Given that that's on a single target fight, rath'rak would pull farther ahead on any fight with adds as well. Also simmed Ti'tahk, it was really hard to get enough hit without an offhand or secondary stats, so I subbed in chronoboost bracers, results were significantly lower (38750 DPS versus 39880 DPS), which is to be expected since the hit bracers are a lot less budgeted.

#228 Rackdeath

Rackdeath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

Would Like to Ask if the trinket "Cunning of the cruel" is still the best one ? since (Patch 4.3.2 Hotfixes - February 2)
Cunning of the Cruel will now trigger its Shadowbolt Volley approximately three times as often, but will deal approximately one third as much damage. This results in the tooltip for the item being incorrect, but should moderate its burst damage in PvP.

#229 Gakpad

Gakpad

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Would Like to Ask if the trinket "Cunning of the cruel" is still the best one ? since (Patch 4.3.2 Hotfixes - February 2)
Cunning of the Cruel will now trigger its Shadowbolt Volley approximately three times as often, but will deal approximately one third as much damage. This results in the tooltip for the item being incorrect, but should moderate its burst damage in PvP.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be. The net damage *should* be the same, but since I don't think they tripled the proc chance as well (it takes three times longer to proc it off cooldown to get the same damage from proccing it once from before the change) it might be a little bit worse. Since it scaled so well with affliction in the first place I would imagine this wouldn't change the relative rankings though.

Edit:

To further elaborate on my guess, I happened to get H CoC this week and it is doing roughly the same damage practice as it simulates for with the 30 second ICD. So the change was more or less DPS neutral in my experience.

#230 burntcupcake

burntcupcake

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

I was wondering on such fights as madness would bane of agony be better than bane of doom due to the amount of ticks that you receive from the haste? Just a thought

#231 Austin23

Austin23

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Bane of Agony is much better than Bane of Doom on Madness, due to the way spellweave works, each individual tick of a DoT has a chance to proc it. I also recommend you use the glyph of Bane of Agony instead of Unstable Affliction glyph for that fight.

#232 Kuku

Kuku

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Eh, you need to keep in mind that spellweave does not affect the target that it triggers from. So, if you're DPSing an arm or a wing tentacle, spellweave isn't really doing anything for you. At that point, you need to weigh the benefits of Agony with Nozdormu's buff vs. Doom.

Agony is, of course, preferable during the portions of the fight (AOE) when Spellweave is actually useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users