Photo

Warning for Grimwolf: 10. Do not respond to terrible posts.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

User: Grimwolf
Infraction: 10. Do not respond to terrible posts.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Report bad posts instead of replying to them.

Original Post:

As a new and low-level combat rogue my entire focus has been doing as much damage as possible. However, I frequently pull agro off my tanks.
Q: Is this my problem or the tank's problem?
Q2: The only tools I seem to have to undo agro kill dps - run-away (too late when under attack), stop attacking or vanish. Are there other options before Feint is available? Do stuns - Blind, Distract, Kidney Shot, Gouge – affect agro?
Q3: Does poison damage contribute to agro or is that non-specific damage?
Q4: Should I just not worry about it, make friends with the healer and bash away?

A: If you're dying, then it's your problem. Wait a second or 2 after the tank pulls before you asttack to let him build threat.
A2:Watch your threat table and stop attacking before you pull aggro. Vanish works great as is wipes your threat completely away. No, there are no other options before faint comes available at level 42. Tricks of the Trade does not become available until level 75. Everything affects threat.
A3:Everything affects threat.
A4:If the healer dies, it's the tanks fault. If the tank dies, it's the healers fault. If you die, it's your own damn fault. Find a way not to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users