Photo

[Enhancement] BiS gear and set-up discussion (4.3 and onward)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

#141 TotimRoth

TotimRoth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

@taalas
As far as implementing these rotations goes.
I do not use shockandawe I simply know from gcd to gcd what spell or ability I should be using, it takes some time but becomes second nature after a while. However Shockandawe is a great way to learn and get used to your rotation.

Stormstrike
Lava Lash
Maelstrom Weapon x5 Lightning Bolt
Maelstrom Weapon x4 Lightning Bolt with Spirit Wolves
Flame Shock with Unleash Flame buff
Unleash Elements
Earth Shock
Feral Spirit*
keep your searing totem down for as close to 100% uptime as possible
*While Feral Spirit is up, every third cd tends to become a mw5_lb, to prioritize a mw4_lb_sw I use power auras to track when I get 4 stack of maelstrom weapon, when that lights up I know my next gcd will be a LB.

For AOE, black phase Yor'sahj most notably, I Use the following
1: Magma totem if more then 5 adds are present, if less keep searing totem up*
2: Flame shock on cd
3: Lava Lash on cd
4: Unleashed Elements
5: Fire Nova
6: Stormstrike
7: Maelstrom Weapon x5 Chain Lightning
*For 10 man Searing will still be your best option*
And that is as close as I can get to BIS rotation, it works for me but I'm only 95% of my simmed dps, so my execution is somewhat lacking.
If anyone gets the same dps numbers that the simulations give I would surely love to know.

#142 Kollateral

Kollateral

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hey, I just wanted to ask a few things about DPS and openers because I was checking WoL for all bosses especially Ultraxion 25s and I see Enhancements that are basically in the same gear level as I am but pulling 42k - 45k while I'm at 37k.

1. Since we all know the priority rotation for DPS, how does everyone open during a boss encounter?
Do we start with totems down then SS > LvLash and so forth? Or UE > FS > Totems down > etc. ?

2. When about to open, is it better to pop DPS cd's + Spirit Wolves? Or wait till Wolves comes in for the priority order?

#143 Ashunera

Ashunera

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

Finally got around to updating the OP, and there were a few minor changes to the listed priority. Will be more diligent in the future.

1. Since we all know the priority rotation for DPS, how does everyone open during a boss encounter?
Do we start with totems down then SS > LvLash and so forth? Or UE > FS > Totems down > etc. ?

2. When about to open, is it better to pop DPS cd's + Spirit Wolves? Or wait till Wolves comes in for the priority order?

Bit delayed, but your priority shouldn't change regardless of cooldowns, procs, pots, etc*. Your opener should be Stormstrike if possible with ST placed beforehand, or ST->UE->FS->Feral Spirit if you're at range and it takes 3-4 GCDs to get in.

*There are two exceptions to this. Matrix Restabilizer causes Lava Lash to jump ahead of Stormstrike in the priority if you don't have Tier 13 2 set (I'm not sure about with Tier 13 2 set), but only while the proc is active. Also, If your target literally only has one GCD left in its lifespan, Lava Lash has higher priority than Stormstrike, but only if you cannot Stormstrike a new target with your next GCD and need to use something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users