• Please log in to reply
968 replies to this topic

#921 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

I was just playing around with reforges. At the moment, when I look at the Armory, my character has:
- 9948 Haste
- 4935 Hit
- 15687 Crit

When I import him into WrathCalcs, I get:
- 9319 Haste
- 4685 Hit
- 15691 Crit

So it appears that while Crit is displaying correctly (the disparity is probably down to the way things get rounded up/down), Hit and Haste aren't getting amplified.

The Amplification setting is set to TRUE on the second page and I am using a fully upgraded Flexible mode Purified Bindings of Immerseus trinket.

Evolution 9/14 HC is recruiting a Ranged DPS (Elemental Shaman, Hunter, Mage, Warlock) and a Healer (Disc/Holy Priest, Resto Druid). Apply here.

#922 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

I think the Amp effects are working, but not being taken into account in the pink boxes on the Main tab.

#923 Stommped

Stommped

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

I still think WC is over valuing FoN OR under valuing Incarnation. Though after playing around with the spreadsheet I can't figure out what it is.

In a fight like Malkorok, there's no reason we should be seeing higher DPS w/ Incarnation.

#924 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3951 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

How many casts are you seeing with a decent level of gear for FoN? Check to see if that's tallying up with what is in the sheet, that's been an issue previously.

#925 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

The crafted belt does not seem to be in wrathcalcs.

#926 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Just a note if anyone is currently entering Timeless Isle, "of the whatever" stats into the spreadsheet. Armory currently shows the secondary stats before upgrading (and that is the number you want to enter on the Gear tab). Armory seems to be using the correct value in the total-stat summary. Those totals just don't match what it displays for the gear.

I had assumed that armory showed the upgraded stats, and was backing-out the upgrade. That got WC to match Armory on the individual pieces of gear, but the totals were not matching (WC showed me short of the hit cap by about 60, even though Armory said I was at 5100).

For example, my upgraded Fire-Chanter boots of the Decimator show 1408/1292 Int/Crit in armory. Armory shows 1307/1292 before upgrade. AMR shows 1408/1392 for the upgraded boots. AMR crit total for the toon agrees with the Armory crit total.

#927 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3951 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

I hadn't added the random stat loot beyond the base item ID as the last time I had a chance to work on it there were no reliable sources. I'll get it sorted soon.

#928 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Not to harp on it but till you do get it sorted out would it be possible to add the crafted stuff? Or give instructions on how to do it ourselves for single items without breaking the sheet in some way?

#929 Plopeuh

Plopeuh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Sorry for that but i can't find any version of wrathcalc (up to date), is this relative to the new version of the forum ?

#930 Duba

Duba

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Not to harp on it but till you do get it sorted out would it be possible to add the crafted stuff? Or give instructions on how to do it ourselves for single items without breaking the sheet in some way?

What i did is : Go to "Gear List" page > Found "Seal of Karmic Return(Garrosh waist)" and just changed the stats to be like the crafted belt stats > then use it in the first page :) 

#931 Juvencus

Juvencus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Can we please have a repost of latest WC? Seems to be missing since the forum update or I'm blind...

#932 Hidouken

Hidouken

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm having the Same Problem finding an updated version of WC also..

Thanks in advance 

#933 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

This is the newest one I had locally, but I think Tect might have done an item update since then, which he should have.

Attached Files

#934 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1224 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

That's latest from old board, I just checked, so nothing to transfer over.

#935 Rytard

Rytard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

This may be a fairly dumb question, but does anyone know the exact disparity between WC and SimCraft? A fellow guildy and I are on the debate on which is more accurate for Moonkin. I've always followed WC, but when you look at WoL and the ranked moonkins out there, their numbers follow closer to SimCraft rather than WC. At first I thought it'd be just great RNG procs, but their spell breakdowns don't reflect that at all. If needed, I can site specific examples, but does anyone know exactly why this is or what the disparity is? I've also noticed that what I get on Skada doesn't represent what is shown on logs (logs are often inflated compared to the addon), so I'm not sure which is the more accurate of the two there.

#936 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzÄ™stochowa POLAND

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

Maybe this shines some light for you: http://www.mmo-champ...-SimCraft-Guide

Anyway, in my oppinion neither of them is really accurate compared to reality - at least not for the numbers. Eventually, it's not the pure numbers that matter but what decissions those tools help you make. I tend to trust WC more plus in the end WC helps you get more into details on some specific short time rotations (for example what spell are best to you to get the most dmg in shortest time on Nazgrim's banners).

One thing both tools have an issue nowadays is the dps talent choise. Both point at FoN as top single target dps talent and WoL doesn't seem to reflect that. Some people claim it's because top moonkins simply feel better with INC but I'm not fully convinced by that theory.

#937 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

WC doesn't have a fight length, so it tends to undervalue cooldowns.  Cooldowns are very strong at the beginning of a fight, and you can also use a 3m cooldown four times in a 10m fight.

WC assumes most procs occur randomly which tends to undervalue the benefit of stacking them.  Again, this is particularly important at the start of a fight.

I'm not sure either tool does a really good job in fights where the the nature of the fight changes repeatedly (number of targets, damage boosts, ...).

#938 Raggon

Raggon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

This doesn't seem to be working on new excel. Once I import my charecter only half of the gear is loading and there are lots of #VALUE errors

#939 Juvencus

Juvencus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

This doesn't seem to be working on new excel. Once I import my charecter only half of the gear is loading and there are lots of #VALUE errors

I'm using Office 2013 and it's fine. Do you use the x64 bit by any chance?

#940 Raggon

Raggon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Nvm I found the problem. I have Pennyroyal Belt and Pennyroyal Leggings and they are not in a spreadsheet

Edited by Raggon, 22 December 2013 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users