• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 hettijncomplex

hettijncomplex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

With the new SMF SEPs, wouldn't using the tier shoulders and trading out the pants or the gloves make more sense now?

Shoulders: vs

----

instead of

or

instead of

#142 aylene

aylene

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

With the new SMF SEPs, wouldn't using the tier shoulders and trading out the pants or the gloves make more sense now?

I assume when you say the new SMF SEP's you mean a high value on hit. In this case, the only probable offset part would be switching the (since it has haste mastery, and its offset counterpart has a high crit value).

I actually counted the sep changes (including socket bonuses) for the -route and ended with a ~35 sep gain. This makes sense, since you're practically switching a few hundred ratings from mastery/haste to hit, without losing crit.

In conclusion, it does appear that if hit has such a high value that is theorycrafted, the optimal offset part for SMF (apart from Earthshaker suffix legs [crit + hit]) is indeed to use and .

edit: I ran 10k iterations in Simc 410-1 positive deltas only to confirm, and had a dps gain of about ~200 when switching gloves + shoulders.

2nd edit: As was pointed out to me, Earthshaker legs combo should be better so I did some calculations with my own sep values. It turns out the Earthshaker legs combo is better by a very slight margin, about 0,2 sep in my gear. This slight difference is due to how bad the tier gloves currently are for SMF. Replacing the decent tier legs, even with perfect itemized ones (Throne legs), is offset by how low the value currently is on the tier gloves for SMF. I'll hazard a guess and say that the Earthshaker legs aren't even an upgrade in many gearsets. You should still grab them though.

#143 hettijncomplex

hettijncomplex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

I assume when you say the new SMF SEP's you mean a high value on hit.

SMF already had a pretty high SEP value for hit before 4.1, it has risen though. However i'm mainly talking about the fact that haste has overtaken mastery and there's a discussion going on whether it surpasses hit (after the soft cap ofcoarse). Or has that already been resolved?

EDIT: Ah, found your post on the matter. I guess even though my information was outdated, my question about gear was still valid.

#144 Guest_A-91_*

Guest_A-91_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

I was looking at the new JC ring Punisher's Band - Item - World of Warcraft, and if I put one of the Bold Chimera's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft in it would it be better then Band of Bees - Item - World of Warcraft since it would give crit/mastery and a + 27 to strength?

Sorry, wasn't sure how to link the item alone without the extra text.

#145 Moophisto

Moophisto

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

You can't factor the chimera's eye into that because its costing you using a chimera's eye elsewhere. You have to consider it with a 40 str gem, at which point it gives you two less strength.

It might be better because of the crit/mastery as opposted to haste/mastery, but you'd have to sim it out.

#146 meatmick

meatmick

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:14 AM

Nevermind (Don't know if messages can be deleted but I didn't find a way to).

#147 Glokki

Glokki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

You may want to now consider of the Earthshaker in your BIS setups.

I was surprised when this dropped for me last night as I didnt even know it existed!

Obviously a new addition to the loot table with the 4.1 patch.

#148 planrawsto

planrawsto

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

You may want to now consider of the Earthshaker in your BIS setups.

I was surprised when this dropped for me last night as I didnt even know it existed!

Obviously a new addition to the loot table with the 4.1 patch.

They mentioned in some notes awhile ago that they were going to add cloaks and necks to Throne

#149 Randominatór

Randominatór

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

I have a quite interesting question about our range weapon slot.

or

Got both , cant decide.

#150 Coeus

Coeus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

I have a quite interesting question about our range weapon slot.

or

Got both , cant decide.

Crossfire Carbine sims 40-50 DPS higher for me as SMF, so that should extend to TG, too since is more suited for SMF as it is. Having said that, YMMV.

#151 Symphonia

Symphonia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hey all. Sorry to say but I'm no longer raiding and will no longer be managing this thread. Anyone is free to take over.

Please lock this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users