Photo

Warning for Judgejoebrwn: 9. Do not sign your posts.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

User: Judgejoebrwn
Infraction: 9. Do not sign your posts.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

We can see who you are in your profile to the left.

Original Post:

The one problem with fire ele though is that it is susceptible to dying really easily to any fight with adds. For example Maloriak abberations or p3 adds often run over and kill the totem my fire ele is tethered too, I also remember on H LK my fire ele used to aggro ghouls in p1 and go 1v1 with that ghoul until the ghoul killed it.

It's just so unreliable.. it's AI may be better than searing totem's, but it still likes to do stupid things. I suppose the other thing to think about is the long CD, so on average only having it every second fight, and only benefiting from it's increased duration every second boss attempt. This would make the loss of fulmination damage worse overall dps too I reckon.

I find myself using insta-ghost wolf a lot in almost every fight, plus the movement speed means we don't need to use an enchant with run speed. I mean in theory with a longer duration you would get more dps out of it overall, but in terms of practicality and consistency I'm not convinced it's worth it.

His susceptability to death I could see being a large concern. However, if one were to choose a Fire Ele spec, the Glyph of FS could certainly be dropped for the Glyph of FE and have a 5 minute CD on him. In most fights, that would mean two uses PER fight. Let's break it down, assuming a Fire Ele that does 4000 dps:

Standard Glyphs = 1 Fire Ele per fight/Improved Shields/Movement Speed
Length of Fight = 300 seconds (5 mins)
4000 x 120 = 480000
480000/300 = 1600 dps

Standard Glyphs = 1 Fire Ele per fight/Improved Shields/Movement Speed
Length of Fight = 480 seconds (8 mins)
4000 x 120 - 480000
480000/480 = 1000 dps

Standard Glyphs = 1 Fire Ele per fight/Imp Duration - No Shields/Speed
Length of Fight = 5 mins
4000 x 168 = 672000
672000/300 = 2240 dps

Standard Glyphs = 1 Fire Ele per fight/Imp Duration - No Shields/Speed
Length of Fight = 8 mins
4000 x 168 = 672000
672000/480 = 1400 dps

Glyph of FE (only becomes noticable on fights LONGER than 5 minutes)
Length of Fight = 8 mins
4000 x 336 = 1344000
1344000/480 = 2800 dps

Feel free to double check my numbers, but I believe they're pretty accurate. And pretty interesting. A Fire Ele has a 40%/25% uptime on 5/8 min fights in standard form, 56%/35% uptime on 5/8 min fights with the talents, and 56%/70% uptime on 5/8 min fights with talents AND glyph. Without attempting to do extremely complicated math involving movement speed, totem recasting, FS recasts, I would venture to guess that having average fights in the 7.5-8 min range or fights that have a burn phase post-5 mins, this could be potentially the best way to go (provided he stays alive). The cost of going this route completely is losing the Shields/FS glyph/Movement Speed. If someone wants to do that math, feel free. I'd certainly be curious.

Edit: Forgot to also mention the increased survivability of the first tier resto talents as an opportunity gain of choosing this spec. 10% reduced damage across the board and 15% increased healing on you could make your healers fall in love with you.
-Judge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users