121 replies to this topic

#21 Xaraphyne

Xaraphyne

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Omnitron
Acquiring Target can be dropped with Feign, but it bugs the boss and boss targets someone else sometimes and fire after FD.

This generally happens if you interrupt a spell too soon. If you let him start casting the spell before you feign, it will go on cooldown and he won't cast it again. FD is always a little buggy though with latency.

#22 Lilyana

Lilyana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

Regarding Feludius, you can merely strafe away from the landing zone. It does require fast reactions, but if you start moving to a clear point the moment he is en route, he will never actually knock you back. I've had him land on me several times and just ran out of his knockback (it is applied a little after he lands).

#23 Guest_aeiron_*

Guest_aeiron_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

Are these techniques using deterrence to block spells assuming the mirrored blades talent?

#24 Cinderglow

Cinderglow

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

Are these techniques using deterrence to block spells assuming the mirrored blades talent?

No. The Mirrored blades is mostly a pvp talent, and it makes deterrence a spell reflect. Regular ol' deterrence will work for these tips.
Evoke the fire within.

#25 Seio

Seio

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

You could add that a hunter can kate the parasite-adds on Magmaw with relative ease. Lay down all three of your AE Traps, save focus for the Addspawn et voila.

Even easier with entrapment, but it's not necessary - if you're playing as SV, 3 Multishots and traps are doing more then enough aggro

#26 Cypz

Cypz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Chimaeron: Just tested Turtle with intervene - It gets instagibbed and is a total dps loss. I Macro'd Shell Shield + Cower ontop, no change, just instagib.

Cho'gall: Freezing Trap can be a viable CC - if laid on the stacking range dps/healers. Great when you can use it imo, since you only need to worry about 1 other MC once worship pops.
Keep in mind, if you get MC'd, a friendly may get trapped too (making 2 MC'd 1 trapped) however (aoe fear/mass dispel) solved that in that case

Shooting off an early Frost Trap as an Adherent comes out is suggested imo for laying down a 2nd once Fester Blood triggers your 1st. Combine this with Entrapment and you should have little to no problems on adds as a hunter.

tidbits ||

2 pts into [Entrapment] over [Survival Tactics] - great for adds (Lava Parasites, Poison Bombs, Maloriak adds {helping tank kite adds in p1/p2}, Dungeons in general]

#27 Guest_Agras_*

Guest_Agras_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

Regarding Nefarian:

In our group we had at the beginning some problems with interrupting the first cast of the Chromatic Prototypes, because our melees couldn´t jump quick enough on the columns. Therefore it is quite nice to use a Netherray so you can range interrupt the first cast with it`s Nethershock abillity.
It is quite easy to handle with a makro like this:

/tar Chromatic Prototype
/petattack
/cast Nethershock

*edit

Regarding Chimaeron:

Did some try to use Snaketrap during the Feud to get a greater spread of the Caustic Slime damage?

#28 aijlad

aijlad

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

Magmaw: It seems that every time Magmaw goes into exposed head phase and then goes back to normal phase he loses Hunter's Mark as it is a completely different target. Make sure to get Hunter's Mark back up or coordinate with one of the other hunters in your raid to ensure it gets back on him during and after each exposed head phase.

#29 Lilyana

Lilyana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Regarding Chimaeron:

Did some try to use Snaketrap during the Feud to get a greater spread of the Caustic Slime damage?

I did a few tries. There's two problems involved: one, chimaeron doesn't appear to trigger snake trap unless he moves or is moved. Otherwise the trap has to be directly in the middle of his target circle. The second problem is once the snakes do spawn, they don't actually converge on the area where the raid is, negating any real point of them.

#30 Guest_Aevitas_*

Guest_Aevitas_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:50 AM

Chimaeron: Just tested Turtle with intervene - It gets instagibbed and is a total dps loss. I Macro'd Shell Shield + Cower ontop, no change, just instagib.

You only do this on heroic to save your tank with Break stacks from getting instagibbed, by sacrificing your pet. There's no need to do this on normal, since it doesn't pose a threat.

#31 Dispiosan

Dispiosan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

OMNI:
In addition to the Fire guy it is important to note that droping an Ice Trap on Toxitron when he is in position to slow/snare adds is very helpful.

MAGMAW:
A hunter here can solo stand outside. The whole raid (in 10, confirm for 25) can stack in melee while the hunter stays at range on his explosive and icy trap. A single disengage w/ pooled focus for 2x(+) instantly on adds makes it a joke.

Again, save CDs for head phase and remember to remark and tell pet to attack it once down. Also call your pet out just as head phase ends to avoid possible insta-gib if tank isn't whacked right away.

MALORIAK:
Trap Launcher+Icy Trap helps your OT a lot here. In addition, during the Red Phase a hunter can Distracting Shot soak an entire breath w/ deterrence. This is of particular benefit on HM where the breath hits really really hard. It is high risk where you need to FD b4 deterrence wheres off but is also very high reward for healers. I usually do it if I get the debuff since I'm already off to the side anyways. Raptor Strike glyph this phase helps too.

ATRAMEDES:
I think most things have been mentioned for this. An Aspect Swapping macro for this is GREAT for air phase.
Also, having medium sound so Sonic Breath always focuses us since we have so many tools to negate it helps the raid a lot. You can stack off to the side so the raid never needs to react.
#showtooltip Aspect of the Hawk
/castsequence Aspect of the Hawk, Aspect of the Fox
Mastering the use of this macro can be challenging but is essential too maximizing your DPS.

CHIMAERON:
Nothing I do that isn't already mentioned.

NEFARIAN:
New Conc Shot glyph limiting speed during the end of P3 on adds can help. Again, Raptor Strike Glyph on electrocutes and P2 for Shadow Barrage mitigates a lot of dmg.

HALFUS:
Using Explosive Trap over Black Arrow here is very good. More DPS + more LnL procs. Especially on HM where all that extra dmg really counts.

VALIONA+THERALION:
The breath the OP is referring too is Devouring Flame. Using your 2nd pot during Empowered Magic is a good call.

COUNCIL:
You can disengage in P3 after the Elemental Monstrosity lifts you in the air to limit/negate fall dmg.

CHO'GALL:
You can pre-trap Freezing Traps on your stack location to insta-stop and insta-breakout anyone who begins Worship casts.

CONCALVE:
I don't do anything real special on this fight

AL'AKIR:
I don't believe I do anything here not already mentioned.

#32 trracer

trracer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:12 AM

Halfus P2:
We had no Mage to blink out of the Roar so i tryed a Nether Ray with skilled "Lionhearded" to Kick the shadow Novas after the Roar and it works. The 40s on Nether Shock works every 2. Nova. I think a Gorilla with 30s Pummel cd can Kick every Roar/Nova Combo.
I try this next ID.

#33 CrazyGorilla

CrazyGorilla

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

About ATRAMEDES:

A fellow guild hunter and I were doing some test with the tracking abilities Atramedes uses.
During ground phase we were not able to interrupt the tracking if we used Feign Death. Has anyone recently checked this ? Do you need to use Feign death at a specific time stop Atramedes using his ability ?
During the air phase we noticed that if you used Feign death, he immediately started casting the tracking ability on another raid member, so this might not be the best way to use it.

We were trying this on 10 man normal mode.

#34 EMMERICH

EMMERICH

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

During the air phase we noticed that if you used Feign death, he immediately started casting the tracking ability on another raid member, so this might not be the best way to use it.

Definitely not, you run the risk of putting the tracking on another raid member (and without warning), and Hunters are more than capable of kiting it for a substantial amount of time.

When the air phase starts I usually turn on Cheetah and begin moving in preparation for the tracking. If it's on me, I've already got a head start without having to disengage and can jump-disengage later to get a bit of extra distance.

Cheetah is pretty good in this situation but you have to be careful with it and keep moving. If you stay still for a few seconds you could get hit by the fire and be dazed.

Worgens have their Darkflight too, which is best used here.

#35 Cinderglow

Cinderglow

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:50 AM

You can't Master's Call AoTC dazes. If you pick up the post haste talent though, that's always a nice boost.
Evoke the fire within.

#36 EMMERICH

EMMERICH

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

You can't Master's Call AoTC dazes. If you pick up the post haste talent though, that's always a nice boost.

Ah, that's a shame, it would have been nice!

#37 Shadowwaltz

Shadowwaltz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

I don't think Master's Call works on the dazed from Cheetah. If it did, you could basically macro MC into Cheetah and, with the glyph, get 8 seconds of 30% run speed even while taking damage.

Edit: ADD strikes again. Opened the post to reply & didn't actually do it til 20 mins later.

#38 Midnight

Midnight

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

MALORIAK:
Trap Launcher+Icy Trap helps your OT a lot here. In addition, during the Red Phase a hunter can Distracting Shot soak an entire breath w/ deterrence. This is of particular benefit on HM where the breath hits really really hard. It is high risk where you need to FD b4 deterrence wheres off but is also very high reward for healers. I usually do it if I get the debuff since I'm already off to the side anyways. Raptor Strike glyph this phase helps too.

As far as I can tell Distracting Shot doesn´t work on lvl 87+ (at least) mobs anymore. It certainly didn´t work on the Halfus drake adds and the other hunter in my raid said it didn´t work for him on several other occasions too.
FaceShooter - a hunter shot recommendation AddOn
The optimism of action is better than the pessimism of thought.
- Greenpeace UK

#39 jdub

jdub

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

As far as I can tell Distracting Shot doesn´t work on lvl 87+ (at least) mobs anymore. It certainly didn´t work on the Halfus drake adds and the other hunter in my raid said it didn´t work for him on several other occasions too.

A fellow Hunter in our guild attempted this last night. To confirm the above statement, I pulled the data below from our WoL parse. The parse can be found here for reference.

[22:04:56.803] Nezi casts Distracting Shot on Maloriak
[22:04:57.073] Nezi Distracting Shot Maloriak Immune

#40 Heavenly

Heavenly

Ice Queen

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Omnitron Defense System

Golem Abilities
Acquiring Target can be dropped with Feign, or blocked with Deterrence. In fact, Deterrence blocks a ton of things here, including Poison Bomb explosions, Lightning Conductor (from someone else) and Incineration Security Measure (the fire aoe). Be cautious, as eg. Acquiring Target (and possibly other boss abilities) will immediately be cast on another raid member if you FD it!

I've always feigned Acquiring Target and the beam disappears before the flamethrower goes into effect without switching immediately to another raid member(at least for Heroic 25).

GOD IS REAL AND HE IS TROLLING THE SHIT OUT OF US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users