• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 Midnight

Midnight

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

I've always feigned Acquiring Target and the beam disappears before the flamethrower goes into effect without switching immediately to another raid member(at least for Heroic 25).

I can confirm this. At least it worked at several occasions last week as did most other protection CDs like paly bubble etc.
FaceShooter - a hunter shot recommendation AddOn
The optimism of action is better than the pessimism of thought.
- Greenpeace UK

#42 LilM8

LilM8

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

About ATRAMEDES:

A fellow guild hunter and I were doing some test with the tracking abilities Atramedes uses.
During ground phase we were not able to interrupt the tracking if we used Feign Death. Has anyone recently checked this ? Do you need to use Feign death at a specific time stop Atramedes using his ability ?

I did also try this today. The fire breath went right over my head and stayed there while i was feigning death. I think it did no damage, but my sound levels reached 100% quickly. Atramedes finished his cast and instantly killed me afterwards.

Btw, regarding Chimaeron P2 (not sure if it's already common knowledge, so I'll briefly mention it):
Before Feign Death you can use Deterrance (maybe even Readiness and another /cast !Deterrance as MM) to buy your raid a couple of extra seconds (Boss can't hit you but you won't lose aggro). You can also activate your pet's growl and send it to another corner of the room. It won't do that much TPS, but several classes can drop their aggro and so this may also buy them some extra seconds.

#43 strider_3029

strider_3029

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

Heroic Atramedes: Feigning death while the target of one of the adds causes the add to stop casting its sound increasing ability (the exact names escape me).

#44 sean2358

sean2358

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

disregard. insufficient data for evidence at this time.

#45 Chubaka999

Chubaka999

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

Regarding Cho'gall: Blood of the old God

as Cypz already said, placing a frost trap when the Adhereant is in place makes sence because you will be able to place a second frost trap when the adds are there, additionally i recommend to place snake traps, combined with "Entrapment" you will get an additional 4 sec. stun per snake trap, so if done right there is one slow area when the adds spawn + first snake trap stun + frost trap stun and slow aoe + second snake trap stun (must be placed after first snake trap is triggered).

Also I place a snake trap, additional to the frost trap, when dealing with Magmaw adds.

#46 Weyard

Weyard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

I did also try this today. The fire breath went right over my head and stayed there while i was feigning death. I think it did no damage, but my sound levels reached 100% quickly. Atramedes finished his cast and instantly killed me afterwards.

Btw, regarding Chimaeron P2 (not sure if it's already common knowledge, so I'll briefly mention it):
Before Feign Death you can use Deterrance (maybe even Readiness and another /cast !Deterrance as MM) to buy your raid a couple of extra seconds (Boss can't hit you but you won't lose aggro). You can also activate your pet's growl and send it to another corner of the room. It won't do that much TPS, but several classes can drop their aggro and so this may also buy them some extra seconds.

When is the best time to deterrence? The moment he targets you or when he approach you? His hit box is big, so I'm unsure when its good to deterrence because I might do it too soon or late and die.

#47 Blutelf

Blutelf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:51 AM

Chimaeron's debuffed swing timer is roughly 4.8 seconds and he melees from very far away so you should be fine hitting Deterrence immediately as you see him swing around to face you.

#48 Darklumiya

Darklumiya

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Heroic Atramades:

You can utilize Aspect of the Pack for a short amount of time in air phase to help a slow raid member avoid Atramades tracking. However, while the add won't daze people from Aspect of the Pack, there is RNG with fire, sonar pulses, etc, so don't keep it on for too long.

You can Deterrence every single Searing Flame, this makes your healers' jobs that much easier.

Aspect dancing is key during air phase. Since you want to be constantly moving, sit in Aspect of the Fox until you're about to cast a key shot, pop into Aspect of the Hawk and keep rotating in quick manner.

Feign deathing the tracking off yourself in air phase is extremely helpful after kiting for a good amount of time, but it can choose you as its' new target after feigning, so don't always assume you're safe.

#49 dvorjak

dvorjak

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

H Maloriak:

For red phase it's a considerable help to the healers if you place a Snake Trap down and call your pet back for the breaths to spread the damage.

#50 Krempin

Krempin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Heroic Maloriak:

Deterrence prevents application of Acid Nova dot in the last phase.

#51 samfisher

samfisher

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

OMNI:

COUNCIL:
You can disengage in P3 after the Elemental Monstrosity lifts you in the air to limit/negate fall dmg.

Are you sure about this? I spammed Disengage during our first kill when I was in a bubble and it did absolutely nothing. Haven't got caught in a bubble since, but I'll try again tomorrow when we clear BoT.

EDIT 1 : Spammed Disengage from inside the bubble and all the way down to the ground and nothing happened. The following 2 weeks, 3 other hunters in my raid couldn't do it too. Hmm.. Will try later.

#52 Piestalker

Piestalker

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Are you sure about this? I spammed Disengage during our first kill when I was in a bubble and it did absolutely nothing. Haven't got caught in a bubble since, but I'll try again tomorrow when we clear BoT.

Disengage when you're already dropping and are close to the ground to negate fall damage.

#53 Hirgux

Hirgux

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

When maloriak triggers the snakes they move behind him, so a snake trap is not helpful because they are not in his fire aoe cone...

#54 Xaraphyne

Xaraphyne

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

I've always feigned Acquiring Target and the beam disappears before the flamethrower goes into effect without switching immediately to another raid member(at least for Heroic 25).

This as well, it's what I've seen for both myself and the other hunter in my raid, every time (10-man normal). This is pretty much a non-issue as long as you're not on a hair trigger and you let him start casting before you feign.

#55 LilM8

LilM8

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

It may be worth noting how many of of the bosses we can stand right on top of and continue shooting. Nefarion, Al'Akir, and Chimaeron are three where this is really useful. Maloriak too, to a lesser extent.

Yesterday I was a little bit surprised when this worked on the three adds in Nefarian P2 as well. I thought this "you can stay in melee range and still shoot" was limited to some (large) bosses, but apparently not. Nice, I really didn't like the gigantic "you can't shoot here" hitboxes of some bosses before Cata (Marrowgar in ICC comes to mind).

#56 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

Yesterday I was a little bit surprised when this worked on the three adds in Nefarian P2 as well. I thought this "you can stay in melee range and still shoot" was limited to some (large) bosses, but apparently not. Nice, I really didn't like the gigantic "you can't shoot here" hitboxes of some bosses before Cata (Marrowgar in ICC comes to mind).

The cata bosses I can think of that are dramatically lacking the new relaxed hitboxes are Magmaw's exposed head (a healer was somewhat miffed at me for disengaging out of a healing rain she dropped on the group right before the head came down) and Altarius in Vortex Pinnacle - both feature unpleasantly large hitboxes for bosses that I'm frequently very close to.

#57 Kaitain

Kaitain

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

When maloriak triggers the snakes they move behind him, so a snake trap is not helpful because they are not in his fire aoe cone...

We had our Offtank tank/kite the adds more or less behind the stacked group and put the snakes onto the adds, for the reason you mention. The Offtank told me the snakes all got killed by the breath so I guess that can work.

#58 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:26 AM

Minor observation: for our 10 man we were having trouble killing or controlling the small adds on heroic Conclave of the Four winds, and since apparently a frost DK can just kite these indefinitely without having to kill or tank them, I had a shot at kiting them using 2/2 Concussive Barrage for a permanent aoe ranged snare. It actually looked doable if you manage to get all the adds chasing you quickly. I still failed or we ended up wiping to other things, and I imagine we'll just get a DK to do it or kill them properly, but if anyone else is stuck on them and has a better kiter than me, it's probably quite doable by sitting in fox and spacing out your multishots, with the occasional frost trap and disengage + posthaste thrown in.

#59 espallargas

espallargas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Lady Sinestra

P1 Tips
  • Pull: If your guild is resetting the boss for raid positioning, make sure your pet stays close to the boss. Feign Death works for resetting the encounter (don’t forget to dismiss your pet).
  • Orbs: if your position allows, kite your orb in a way that you can always dps while using Aspect of the Fox. Make sure to warn your healers if you have the Wrack debuff while moving. It’s not recommended to use Aspect of the Cheetah while kiting orbs because of the Wrack debuff.
  • Whelps: If you are assigned to kill whelps, make sure you know where they will be positioned and launch a trap at the location. Don’t kill adds before they get into position though. You can start single target dpsing them (careful with agro) and Multi-shot when they are positioned. Make sure you use MDs to help the add tank.

P2 Tips
  • Eggs: [MM only] Make sure to time your steady shots in a way that you have near full focus when the eggs are attackable, so you can start with 2 Aimed Shots at CA phase.
  • Spitecallers: If you are set to dps spitecallers at the back of the room, remember their Unleashed Essence cast is not interruptible, but you can use disorient effects. Since most of the time rogues will be using Gauge, be ready to use Scatter Shot as a backup, specially on upcoming adds that can start casting immediately and let the group know when Scatter is usable again.

P3 Tips
  • Orbs: Same as P1. Be careful with the purple void zones at the back of the room as they start to grow as the phase goes on, giving you less space to disengage or run.
  • Whelps: same as P1. Each pack of whelps will die at a different location now, so make sure you don’t miss your trap or start MSing to early.
  • During haste buff: [MM only] make sure to cast as many Aimed Shots as possible, casting Chimera Shot only when Serpent Sting is about to fade.
  • Damage: If your group chooses to position in front of the boss, especially at the end of the phase, make sure to use glyphed Raptor Strike a few seconds before each Flame Breath to help your healers.

Overall Tips
  • [MM only] With a typical encounter length ranging from 7 to 9 minutes, it's safe to consider that you will be using three sets of cooldowns. Start with a pre-pot and all your cooldowns except for Call of the Wild to maximize dps while benefiting from an extra agility potion, even if it’s not a CA phase (boss starts at 60% and phases at 30%). The only reason for not using CDs in phase 1, is when you are assigned to dps eggs at phase 2 and your group is having problems dpsing them down (for guilds that killed Cho’gall heroic, that shouldn’t be a problem anyways). The other 2 sets of cooldowns should be used in phase 3. With the 3 minutes 100% haste buff, you should be using CDs as soon as P3 starts (or if your guild pushes 2 eggs at the same time, CDs may not be usable until 30 seconds into P3), including agility potion and Call of the Wild, for a maximum dps increase at CA phase. After 3 minutes the buff will go down and the boss should be around 15% to 30%. Use CDs again because the boss must die as quick as possible since healing is pretty intense at this part of the fight. If your group is having low % wipes, try using Call of the Wild at P1 and once again now, and save the second agility potion to the third set of CDs for a better DPS when the buff fades.

#60 Azulor

Azulor

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Valiona and Theralion

Deterrence
It is also possible to re- or deflect the targeted component of Valiona's Twilight Meteorite on at least normal difficulty. The small AOE-effect however, can't.

I can confirm that Deterrence works perfectly on Twilight Meteorite on Heroic difficulty. There is thus no need to move towards others if Deterrence is up; indeed, the best thing to do seems to be sure that no one else is too close, just eat the Meteorite, and then /cancelaura Deterrence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users