• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1925 replies to this topic

#1921 dukes

dukes

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

Good points, other than you can't move the point from Dreamstate to Intensity due to then not being able to get 48 points in Balance for capped E+M.

Treants is such a huge amount of damage that I'm also wondering what you're thinking in going for that kind of spec at 70. Sure, do it at 80, but at 70 you just miss too many points in Balance on useful stuff for the 4% damage / OoC to be worth spending 8 points on.

#1922 Nazta

Nazta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

Moginheden & Zoba I would not mind seeing a WWS parse (especiall of the 2800 DPS on Brut) through some reading I decided to wait on eclipse till it gets buffed and it was not hard to manage that rotation so it is not like there will be a lot of practice needed.

2.9k Brutallus
2.7k M'uru
I respecced before the raid, and took gale winds to test it at felmyst, which worked out pretty great.
And still missing several upgrades, let's all pray that level 80 never comes, and we can do decent dps forever.

Unbuffed stats in moonkin form(61/0/0):
1326 spelldmg
117 hit rating (16.47% hit with misery and balance of power)
29.47% crit (38% on starfire with 4 piece t6 and talents, before scorch/totem of wrath)
158 haste rating

EDIT:
I'm too tired to look at this myself, but was wondering about a little swap in gear:
->
and then:
->
for the 4set bonus.
So, is it worth it when it turns out to this:
-0.16% hit
-10.6 dmg (including spirit/int)
-0.98% crit
+2.22% haste

#1923 Shaven

Shaven

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

While I somewhat agree with the general idea of your spec, I look at the 0 points in Balance of Power, and the 0 points in iMF, and have to wonder what you're thinking. Two extra points in Moonglow is nowhere near as useful as iMF, same with Balance of Power completely decimating Dreamstate (If you need the regen, there's a point in Intensity calling your name) and Nature's Splendor.

Here's my explanation.

0 points in Balance of Power - I have 204 hit on my gear alone, I haven't gotten this talent in probably the last 4 months from having a lot of hit on my gear.

0 points in Improved Moonfire - 10% of nothing is nothing, basically. Spending 2 points to get less than a 1% DPS improvement per point can be spent better elsewhere. Moonfire accounts for less than 10% of my damage all the time WITH the talent.

Although you make a good point about dropping efficiency and mana regen talents to get Improved Moonfire. I will try it out shifting 2 of the 3 points I have in Moonglow to Improved Moonfire.

Also Treants are too much of a liability, as you can't use them in 3/4 of boss encounters due to AoE wiping them in one shot. They are nice when you can use them, but they are something I will pick up at 80 and not now due to how unfriendly sunwell is to them.

#1924 erragal

erragal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

Also Treants are too much of a liability, as you can't use them in 3/4 of boss encounters due to AoE wiping them in one shot. They are nice when you can use them, but they are something I will pick up at 80 and not now due to how unfriendly sunwell is to them.

They can be utilized effectively and consistently on Brutallus, Felmyst, and Mu'ru. Twins is a bit more random due to shadow nova, but they're usually worth the GCD at least with the potential for a significant DPS upgrade. On KJ I've utilized them to help burn down troublesome priest/warlock reflections faster. Only Kalecgos makes them virtually unusable due to continual raid-wide damage in both zones.

#1925 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

I think the new patch should improve the health of the treants. The previous build wasn't properly giving them a portion of your stamina if I recall correctly. I'll test when the servers come up

#1926 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

I think the new patch should improve the health of the treants. The previous build wasn't properly giving them a portion of your stamina if I recall correctly. I'll test when the servers come up

In 3.02, at 70, the pet tab (made visible with dedmon's macro) was showing 307 base stamina + 30% of my stamina.

I'm not sure how much health pets are supposed to get from stamina. I'm pretty sure I've seen them die from 2-3k damage when their stamina (by this calculation) should have been over 500.

Their armor also scales (helpful for tanking trash). Armor (at 70) is approximately 6700 + 36% of mine. Moonkin form makes a difference, but I don't know if an existing treant's armor will change if you shift. I tested at three armor levels, and did not get a straight-line on this, so it may be that some armor (ie MotW or Agility) is not included in the scaling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users