• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:59 AM

In quite a few videos ive watched Ive seen some really nice layed out warnings for teams to go to their clicking positions, that has listed names in order of their respective cubes. Is there an addon that does this, or is it simply a macro? It actually looked like a warning from deadly bossmods, or some modified version of it, but i have no experience in that field. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

#2 Zarat

Zarat

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:43 AM

I just made a macro with the compass direction of the cube and the name of the person clicking that cube. Each name/cube is on a different line so it is very easy to tell what is where and such. I also made one for the tanking and healing assignments so that we can easily get that assigned, set up, and so that no one can forget it.

#3 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:06 AM

Post a link the video and maybe we can tell you.

#4 Kebinusan

Kebinusan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

Check out this thread, there are a few different macros in there you may find useful:

http://elitistjerks....ead.php?t=11479

#5 Narishma

Narishma

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:43 AM

Our raid leader coded a small, but simple addon that lets you set 2 cube teams, and announce when to click. Works like a charm. You can see it in action from my fraps of the fight if you wish:

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

Fast forward to the second phase for the announce.

I will add a link here, will just need permission from Saaye first.

Posted Image

#6 Valen

Valen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:29 AM

Our raid leader coded a small, but simple addon that lets you set 2 cube teams, and announce when to click. Works like a charm. You can see it in action from my fraps of the fight if you wish:

http://uploads.storm...Magtheridon.avi

Fast forward to the second phase for the announce.

I will add a link here, will just need permission from Saaye first.

Posted Image

Sure.

you can download it here: http://www.savefile.com/files/686185

basic guide:

/oma - to being the UI up

announce button announces the current teams

/omastop - stops the addon

You can also change the names manually during fight if you dont want to bring the UI up again:

/ta1 <name> - sets team a member 1 to name
/ta2 <name> - sets team a member 2 to name
./tb1 <name> - sets team b member 1 to name

and so on...

anyways, its fully automated when the fights starts. it calls the teams 40 sec before next clicking and puts icons over their heads and then will call the moment that everyone gotta click the cubes.

from my experience it kinda makes p2 trivial as long as people can click properly when they see the click warning.

note: you gotta be raid leader or promoted to assistant to use this properly. Also make sure you are close enough to magtheridon to see the emotes (so best if a full melee or MT runs this).

note2: You need to run the english version for this to work, or need to change the lua files to match the magtheridon emotes in your client language.

#7 Cadfael

Cadfael

Witch doctors park in gear

•  Patrons
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

http://uploads.storm...Magtheridon.avi

The domain stormrage-eu.net seems not to have one valid DNS record currently. At least not from my end of the interwebs.

#8 Valen

Valen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

The domain stormrage-eu.net seems not to have one valid DNS record currently. At least not from my end of the interwebs.

Our ftp server is down atm sorry. ><

#9 healmuth

healmuth

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:34 PM

nerver mind :P

#10 Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

This is a great mod.. The only trouble we had with it was getting people to understand which number was which cube... Something we can probably overcome with repeated use.

We had started and gotten used to using Compass directions and Numeric teams. (NW1,NE1,W1,E1,S1 and (NW2,NE2,W2,E2,S2)

So It was easy to say NE2 DOWN NEED CLICKER

Looking through your code, it looks like it would be pretty easy to modify it to use the above style compass labels in it's setup and announces... Is that a problem if I do that internally for our guild, (Keeping your name and everything else the same).

Also, around
287 where you go to announce the names, you have the playername.. with a tiny bit more of lua, you could make this even better. How about checking the player's 'liveness'? This addon announces a Get Ready, with enough time to spare for a re-assign to occur. In other words, If I am on cube3B (to use your numbering), and I die to our MT accidentally letting mag turn a little and cleave me(dont ask :)), your addon could when it did the announce for TeamB to get ready, detect I'm dead, and announce that too. 20 seconds is enough time for someone to quickly yell in vent a click assignment.

(TBH, because of the number of participants in a cube click is only 10, you could probably check the 10 names on both the A and B announces.. So in other words, If I was a B, and I died right after clicking, you could announce my death during the TEAM A GET READY. That would even give enough time to possibly assign them in the UI)

Anyways, this is a great addon, and I'd love your permission to tinker with it a little.

#11 Rinced

Rinced

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

function OMA_GETRDY_ANNOUNCE(team)
local teamrw = "Team " .. team .." - Get Ready:";
local teamraid = "";
SendChatMessage(teamrw, "RAID_WARNING");
for i = 1, 5 do
teamraid = "";
if i == 1 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube S ";
elseif i == 2 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube O ";
elseif i == 3 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube W ";
elseif i == 4 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube NW ";
elseif i == 5 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube NO ";
end

if team

"A" then
if (Team1_List[i]
nil) then
teamraid = teamraid .. "NOT SET";
else
teamraid = teamraid .. Team1_List[i];
SetRaidTargetIcon(Team1_List[i], 0);
SetRaidTargetIcon(Team1_List[i], i);
end
SendChatMessage(teamraid, "RAID");
elseif team
"B" then
if (Team2_List[i]
nil) then
teamraid = teamraid .. "NOT SET";
else
teamraid = teamraid .. Team2_List[i];
SetRaidTargetIcon(Team2_List[i], 0);
SetRaidTargetIcon(Team2_List[i], i);
end
SendChatMessage(teamraid, "RAID");
end
end
end

Thats how i modded it

#12 Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Yeah.. thats exactly what I was thinking... I just wanted permission first to mucking around with somones code :)

If no one objects, I'll spend some time this evening putting in the death announce.

#13 Zamaar

Zamaar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

Adding an option how to call each cube (be it cube 1, NE or whatever) will help since I am pretty sure each cube got different names per guilds, and announcing death and maybe adding backup group to fill up for deaths (maybe even auto !) would be great :)

#14 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:34 AM

What the heck is the "Cube O" and "Cube "NO"?

(Maybe I'm not just not interpreting those acronyms correctly?)

#15 Caligula

Caligula

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:46 AM

I can't speak for the poster but I do know that east in Spanish is "este" or "oriente" (although I was under the impression that this refers to the orient like china) and I'm assuming that it's similar in French and probably other romance languages as well. Just a language thing I suppose.

#16 Qrt

Qrt

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:52 AM

It looks really good Saaye - I hope you don't mind me recommending it to my officers. While we do have Mag down and almost on farm, anything to alleviate the clickery confusion will help.

So far we relied on raid marks on the channellers but as they go away when the channellers die and peoples' memories quickly cloud in combat, confusion can ensue. I tend to put up an engineered smoke flare on 'my' platform.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Igor, help me with the bags.
Igor: Soitenly. You take the blonde, I'll take the one in the turban.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I was talking about the luggage.

#17 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

German. Osten (East) and Nordosten (Northeast).

Stopped Playing

#18 Rinced

Rinced

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

German. Osten (East) and Nordosten (Northeast).

Yeah I'm German - didnt thought about when posting here.

Would be

if i == 1 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube S ";
elseif i == 2 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube E ";
elseif i == 3 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube W ";
elseif i == 4 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube NW ";
elseif i == 5 then teamraid = teamraid .. "Cube NE ";
end

for you then.

#19 Valen

Valen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

Feel free to modify the addon to suit your raids better. no objections.

PS: small suggestion: We use the same icons on channelers as the addon uses for clickers. It helps people to understand their position even before fight starts which makes it easy. For record, addon uses icons number 1-5 (star-moon).

#20 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

Also consider the modification I have made to this addon to support playernames beginning with a special character:
http://elitistjerks....1686#post361686

Stopped Playing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users