• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Beliandra

Beliandra

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:04 AM

Are you adding all the blue posts from the official forums via some automated means, or are they being selected by an administrator?

Because stories like http://www.wowfix.com/article-7578 really just clutter up the site. Someone writes some crap that would get the banhammer here, and a blue poster replies saying "No unnecessary CAPS, please, especially in the subject line", that adds nothing of value to wowfix.

Other than that, I'm finding wowfix to be an entertaining collection of stories!

#22 Daldain

Daldain

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:22 AM

I've added a preferences option that allows customisation of the webpage. One can toggle anything in the sidebar, and also filter any of the article types. Yes, this includes non CM started blue threads :)

Use the little book icon in the article area to access the preferences page or just use:
http://www.wowfix.com/prefs.htm.

During the week I'll be making non CM started blue posts automatically start as mod-down and will only have a small footprint on the page, this should help with the often useless CM replies. However, since non CM started posts can also contain good information, voting will have the abilty to mod-up or mod-down any article.

This is just a sample of things that are currently being worked on, for example there are some nice promotional prizes coming soon. Thanks for the feedback.

#23 Drock

Drock

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:21 AM

This may be my work computer's problem only, but when I scroll to the bottom of any given article on the front page (i.e. whenever the vote space becomes visible), all of the text in that article disappears. I can still highlight the text and see it, or I can scroll up and the text reappears. This happens when I am viewing the complete article as well. My computer at work runs IE on XP by the way so it's not an uncommon setup.

Other than that I enjoy reading the site. I can get over the aesthetic shortcomings because the content is generally interesting or at least fun to read.

I look forward to seeing this site develop!

#24 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11427 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:41 PM

I have to say that wowfix is turning out to be an interesting site. Little stories and links to articles and movies is nice.

Keep up the good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users