#21 pelux

pelux

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

Maloriak
Omnotron heroic:
Guardian demons spawned by CoD do not follow CoD as their main target - and they can trigger Electrons shield.

Hitting "Pet Follow" then "Pet Attack" will reassign the spawned demon to the correct target.

#22 clavarnway

clavarnway

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:02 AM

Regarding Ignition killing pets on Heroic Magmaw:

The meteors that spawn the Blazing Cone Constructs on Heroic Magmaw are targeted on raid members. With that given, I found the place to put my Imp so that he require the least micro-management possible was along the very edges of one of the walls. This area is the least likely to have a raid member pass by, and thus attract a Meteor (which spawns Ignition fire patches). My Imp's lost DPS time due to movement dropped drastically once I started doing that. It depends on how your raid does the fight, but the overarching goal is to keep your Imp out of the path of most of the raid.
Posted Image

#23 zarusa

zarusa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

Not mentioned in the first post :

Omnotron Defense System Heroic: Put BoH on every "old" bot before he starts casting the shield, new Bot spawns at 50 energy while the shield is cast at 30 or so. Maintaining Dots is obviously too very important but not allways possible due to shield mechanics. The only exeption here is Magmawtron because of his type of shield. (Ranked #1 as destruction lock with this tactic so this wont be too wrong )

#24 Elmi

Elmi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

[*]Ebon Imps spawned from Bane of Doom do not have a fixed target and can stack/trigger the shields on Arcanotron/Electron.

I always thought that Guardians (Ebon Imp, Infernal, Doomguard, Shadowy Apparition) and Totems don't trigger any of the shields effects other than Magmatron's if that's completely downed. In general everything with a pet bar triggers, everything else doesn't. Or am I mistaken here?

Edit:
Spoiler

#25 Madlax

Madlax

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

I always thought that Guardians (Ebon Imp, Infernal, Doomguard, Shadowy Apparition) and Totems don't trigger any of the shields effects other than Magmatron's if that's completely downed. In general everything with a pet bar triggers, everything else doesn't. Or am I mistaken here?

We did think so as well, but after several peoples deaths we isolated some of them to:
Ebon Imps
Refreshing Demo shouts
Eye for an Eye

[19:47:45.241] Electron gains Unstable Shield from Electron
[19:47:46.615] Ebon Imp hits Electron 862
[19:47:46.791] Electron Static Shock Moosena Immune
[19:47:46.928] Electron Static Shock Uzgrim 64453 (R: 16113)

Funny enough, Bane of Havoc did not trigger anything at all.

#26 turturin

turturin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

Not mentioned in the first post :

Omnotron Defense System Heroic: Put BoH on every "old" bot before he starts casting the shield, new Bot spawns at 50 energy while the shield is cast at 30 or so. Maintaining Dots is obviously too very important but not allways possible due to shield mechanics. The only exeption here is Magmawtron because of his type of shield. (Ranked #1 as destruction lock with this tactic so this wont be too wrong )

The shield is actually cast at 45 energy and dissipates at 25. It is safe to apply DoTs to any construct at or below 25 energy. You should notice from your own attempts on this encounter that there is a few seconds after 50 energy before the emote for shield activation occurs. This is also described in multiple guides on the fight, including this one:

Blackwing Descent – Omnitron Defense System | Totem Forest

#27 moop

moop

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Funny enough, Bane of Havoc did not trigger anything at all.

I checked the log you quoted and it seems you are missing some very relevant information, see this query.

[edit] Copying the results here just in case the report expires in the future...

[19:47:45.845] Uzgrim Auto Shot Electron 4256
[19:47:45.845] Uzgrim Cobra Shot Electron *16985*
[19:47:46.121] Ravager casts Wolverine Bite on Electron
[19:47:46.407] Ravager Wolverine Bite Electron *1684*
[19:47:46.467] Ravager crits Electron *2587*
[19:47:47.665] Uzgrim Cobra Shot Electron 8575
[19:47:48.080] Ravager hits Electron 939
[19:47:55.196] Electron's Unstable Shield fades from Electron

Author of Fatality & Flump.

#28 chiyeuk

chiyeuk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

Nefarian: You cannot place portal anywhere during the encounter but you can place teleport up on the terrace and jump down (dmg is like 20%). Have to beware not teleporting too early because if you get focused by nef while u are not in los of a healer you can die up there. Otherwise when i organise groups for that fight all locks are on the pillar under the terrace so they dont have to take dmg from the lava.

It's like 35k fall damage vs 10k magma damage (0 if they are destruction using Netherward and Nether Protection). Not sure why the fall to the pillar at the beginning of the fight hurt less (I take about 25k) than during magma phase.. does the pillar sink into the ground?

#29 kardacz

kardacz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

You take more damage cause the whole bottom platform is an elevator. When the magma phase begins the room is not filling with it, the elevator lowers itself into the lava. If you watch closely the Nef intro with Onyxia, you'll notice that it's the elevator that rises up from the lava along with the pillars.

Learned it the hard way. After the first port, the jump down felt like ages and hurt a lot more then it should.

If you want to avoid this situation start moving towards the pillar a few sec before Nef flies away. You'll be able to port up jump down even before the elevator lowers and the add spawns.

#30 Sonicator

Sonicator

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

4pct11 is slightly bugged more then on range.
If all the dmg of Fel Flame is absorbed it doesn't consume a stack. If your extremely lucky to get a proc during some shield (Ignacious for example), it could be worth it to spam fel flame on it.

[B]Xtyz suffers 2708 Fire damage from Sonicator's Immolate.
Sonicator gains Sonicator's Fel Spark.[/B]
Sonicator gains 0 Health from Sonicator's Fel Armor.(81 Overhealed)
Sonicator's Fel Synergy heals Akinzeras for 0.(406 Overhealed)
Xtyz suffers 5565 Fire damage from Sonicator's Immolate.(Critical)
Sonicator's Molten Core fades from Sonicator.
Sonicator gains 0 Health from Sonicator's Fel Armor.(167 Overhealed)
Sonicator's Fel Synergy heals Akinzeras for 0.(834 Overhealed)
Sonicator's Immolate was absorbed by Xtyz.(2708 Absorbed)
[B]Sonicator's Fel Flame was absorbed by Xtyz.(11970 Absorbed)[/B]
Sonicator's Immolate is refreshed on Xtyz.
Sonicator's Immolate was absorbed by Xtyz.(2708 Absorbed)
[B]Sonicator's Fel Flame hits Xtyz for 1205 Shadowflame.(10844 Absorbed)[/B]
Sonicator gains 0 Health from Sonicator's Fel Armor.(36 Overhealed)
Sonicator's Fel Synergy heals Akinzeras for 0.(180 Overhealed)
Xtyz suffers 2708 Fire damage from Sonicator's Immolate.
Sonicator gains 0 Health from Sonicator's Fel Armor.(81 Overhealed)
Sonicator's Fel Synergy heals Akinzeras for 0.(406 Overhealed)
[B]Sonicator's Fel Flame hits Xtyz for 12087 Shadowflame.[/B]
[B]Sonicator's Fel Spark fades from Sonicator.[/B]
Sonicator gains 0 Health from Sonicator's Fel Armor.(362 Overhealed)
Sonicator's Fel Synergy heals Akinzeras for 0.(1813 Overhealed)
Xtyz suffers 2708 Fire damage from Sonicator's Immolate.

#31 Sonicator

Sonicator

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

If you die through Health Funnel, you don't lose your buffs or debuffs. Also you cannot use soulstone if you die this way.
Using Surge of Dominance proc to show this.

13:40:46> Sonicator gains Sonicator's Surge of Dominance.
13:40:47> Sloofum gains 0 Health from Sonicator's Health Funnel.(5776 Overhealed)
13:40:47> Sloofum's Fel Intelligence fades from Sloofum.
13:40:47> Sloofum's Soul Link fades from Sloofum.
13:40:47> Sloofum's Exhaustion dissipates from Sloofum.
13:40:47> Sonicator's Health Funnel fades from Sloofum.
13:40:47> Sonicator died.
13:41:06> Sonicator's Surge of Dominance fades from Sonicator.

#32 Skellum

Skellum

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

Chimaeron

* Caustic Slime (-75% Hit debuff) does not affect Chaos Bolt.

Same with Hand of Guldan. I'll post a log next time I do this.
My Name Is Skellum, And I wear a Silly Hat.

#33 netsach

netsach

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

Here's some evidence on HoG not missing, on a total of 44 mins of Chimaeron 25HM and 162 casts, many of which hit/cast while debuffed. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#34 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

Is this a case of Caustic Slime not affecting CB/HoG, or is it a case of CB/HoG simply being unable to miss? I've heard reports of the latter, but never had it verified.

#35 Seldric

Seldric

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

I ran a test this morning with 0% hit against a boss level target dummy.

edit:
Hand of Guldan: 50 casts, no misses.
HoG results: View image: hand of guldan test

Chaos Bolt: 40 casts, no misses.
CB results: View image: chaos bolt test

#36 netsach

netsach

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm quite surprised, there's nothing in the game (tooltips, etc) providing any information on why these two spells can't miss. By design, spells should be able to miss, so maybe this "unmissable" thing is a bug, and not a feature.

But on second thought, i realized that Hog and CB have one other interesting thing in common : these are spells provided by talents, ie they have a golden-border in the game's talent tab. So maybe the other talent-provided spells have the same "feature" (Exhaustion/Soulswap/Unstable/Haunt for affliction, Shadowburn/Shadowfury/Havoc for destro), i'll test it tonight.

#37 Nfariessence

Nfariessence

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Haunt can, will, and does miss.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#38 Klavarnae

Klavarnae

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

CB is not affected by any defenses the target has, so this might explain why it doesn't miss. But I also remember in the past the tool tip saying that it cannot miss, can't confirm this b/c its just from memory.

#39 Voxx

Voxx

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

CB is not affected by any defenses the target has, so this might explain why it doesn't miss. But I also remember in the past the tool tip saying that it cannot miss, can't confirm this b/c its just from memory.

The tooltip used to say that Chaos Bolt could not be "resisted". I know that Blizzard made some modifications to how the game interprets misses vs resists but I don't remember how long ago that was or whether that change is part of the reason we're seeing Chaos Bolt being immune to miss.

#40 krilz

krilz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

The main idea of Chaos Bolt has been that it cannot be resisted or absorbed, meaning that resistance or shields are useless against it. Immunities still hinders it and misses have occurred in WotLK (at least for me). Whether the "no miss"-thing is intended is beyond me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users