Photo

Warning for Whitefyst: 10. Do not respond to terrible posts.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

User: Whitefyst
Infraction: 10. Do not respond to terrible posts.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Please, please, PLEASE don't answer the horrible hand holding "OMGZ THARS A CHANGE COMING!!!1111 WUT DO I DO???" posts. Right in the OP in bold letters it tells folks that it will be tested and modeled once it is live and not before then. Just report them.

Original Post:

I think the question on everyone's mind is now whether the buff to AotH was enough to put two glyphed Arcane Shots on par with one Aimed Shot. With the math above it appears that Aimed Shot will be hitting for slightly less than what it was with AotH up (since you can't cast it while moving why wouldn't you have AotH up?). But we are now also looking at 2000 additional attack power for Arcane Shots.

So can I ask someone with more knowledge than I do to do an Arcane Shot analysis to see how much it has improved with the new AP bonus from AotH? I'd rather go back to firing AS as the focus dump and just using the Aimed Shot! procs as they come. This could help a little with mobility if you can maintain a fairly high level of focus in order to dump Arcane Shots while moving without having to switch to fox to fire off Steady Shots. Of course, then you run the risk of dropping the ISS buff, but is that worse than losing ~2600 AP for the duration of your movement?

I don't actually know where the shot formulas come from (I see wowhead mentioned), but if someone could point me to the proper place I'll do the analysis myself and see what I come up with.

We need to see the live implementation of the AI nerf before we can determine which is the better focus dump. I anticipate that AI will still be better at all times, but it should still definitely be better during the CA phase or when under the effects of RF and BL.

I do not see how this change should help with mobility or focus usage. First, when moving, you should already be using AS as your focus dump since it can be used on the move. Second, there is not much focus cost difference between 2 ASs and 1 AI with the AI glyph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users