• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Glaurong

Glaurong

King Hippo

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:38 AM

Hastes that don't reduce the global cool are often useless to hunters. I'd go with fel mana + the health/mana drum.
Log Parser for BM Hunters (Right click, save as) - Updated 10/11/2007

#22 Xenitan

Xenitan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:38 AM

Advice: Get cooking up.

They're about a third as effective as flasks now, and are a secondary skill that most people ignore. I see profits in me future...yes....me does.

#23 svagftw

svagftw

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:39 AM

Greater Rune of Warding

The greatest damn buff in the game, doesn't get nerfed in the patch and stays after death.

#24 Touf

Touf

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

Greater Rune of Warding

The greatest damn buff in the game, doesn't get nerfed in the patch and stays after death.

What? Why? Is this some obscure joke?

#25 moowalk

moowalk

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:49 AM

Dark Runes and Demonic Runes have become an absolute necessity for me. With very few people even realizing this, Dark Runes basically never appear in the AH. That means going to the old world to farm them, and let me tell you the gold farmers are still there and never left so farming up demonic runes is a major ordeal.

Also, the fact that these items have not scaled with BC mana requirements is a deficiency. The Outland is filled with demons! Why don't they carry Improved Demonic Runes?

My main form of income is running scholo with my alt druid. Takes about an hour, and I come out of it with ~10 LBS (which sell for >10g), 3-4 dark runes, and other DE mats from green drops.

It is retarded that it's necessary to run oldworld content repeatedly to maximise your potential, but I find it more enjoyable than any other form of grinding

#26 thorin5

thorin5

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

Advice: Get cooking up.

They're about a third as effective as flasks now, and are a secondary skill that most people ignore. I see profits in me future...yes....me does.

It's amazing how many people still don't realize how valuable cooking is with the plethora of different types of food there are now. I don't know what I'd do without my sporefish.

#27 AndrewCarr

AndrewCarr

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:29 PM

It's amazing how many people still don't realize how valuable cooking is with the plethora of different types of food there are now. I don't know what I'd do without my sporefish.

It's like fishing though.. sooo boring. Maybe if I'd leveled it when I had leveled my char, but going back to all these different zones/trainers doesn't seem to be worth it, compared to all the primals/ore you could farm instead.

#28 Towneh

Towneh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

It's like fishing though.. sooo boring. Maybe if I'd leveled it when I had leveled my char, but going back to all these different zones/trainers doesn't seem to be worth it, compared to all the primals/ore you could farm instead.

As a shadowpriest, being able to farm and use Blackened Basilisk on every boss encounter is perhaps one of the easiest things I can prepare myself for when it comes to raid consumables. I frequently re-stock up on my supplies from the Basilisks surrounding Shattrath city from cooking the chunks 'o' basilisk that they drop, and they do drop with a high percentage chance at that.

Do not overlook this tradeskill!

#29 svagftw

svagftw

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

What? Why? Is this some obscure joke?

This buff is way better than fortification will ever be on a non tank.

And to add, Greater Rune of Shielding is a must for healers.

#30 Quasar

Quasar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

And to add, Greater Rune of Shielding is a must for healers.

Well, Paladins and Shaman at least.

Cooking really isn't that boring, to be honest. Go around killing lots of mobs for supplies, cook up dozens of things while watching TV. It really is a powerful tradeskill when raiding. Though I concur with fishing. So utterly dull and frustrating to me. I made the mistake of levelling fishing to 300 on a character I thought I'd be playing in TBC, and ended up playing an entirely different on one another faction that had fishing at 2. I spent two minutes in the Stormwind canal to get my fishing up to 5 and just gave up. I want those +heal fishsticks...

But if you have the patience, fishing goes well with grinding cooking skill. If you want to min-max, pick up that fishing pole or at least that flint n' tinder.
JUICE! Aww I'm sorry. Did... did anyone want some juice?

#31 Riallatar

Riallatar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't read clear enough.

#32 Nibinay

Nibinay

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

While food is a great buff, I considered it under the "standard buffs" that people used.

IE Oils, elixers, flasks, Potions, Food.

I have added to my list most things mentioned in this thread that are not in the above mentioned group.

#33 Koryk

Koryk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

I blow Haste Drums on practically every cooldown, with an occasional Resto Drum if I don't have a Shadow Priest for my mana issues. They're awesome especially for their costs.

I will agree on their range, increasing it to 20 or maybe even 30 yards will really help make them even more wanted.

Drums of Battle are insanely good in their current, probably broken, form. I've been chaincasting them every serious fight ever since I found out that the 80 haste on the tool tip is 80% increased casting and attack speed.

Double the effectiveness of Heroism on a two minute cooldown.

#34 Furio

Furio

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

Drums of Battle are insanely good in their current, probably broken, form. I've been chaincasting them every serious fight ever since I found out that the 80 haste on the tool tip is 80% increased casting and attack speed.

Double the effectiveness of Heroism on a two minute cooldown.

It's been my experience that despite what the tooltip on the buff states, the actual haste modifier is roughly 8%. For example, my shadowbolts beccome 2.3 second casts instead of 2.5 second casts.

More specifically, isn't it 10.5 Haste Rating to 1% increased speed? If so, then the Drums are a 7.6% speed increase.

Regardless, they most certainly are not an 80% increased cast speed.

#35 Maddness

Maddness

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:08 AM

Rating Buster lists it (currently) at ~7.6% speed increase, which is what I'd say it actually is.

I don't know where you got the 80% number from, but they're certainly not that powerful.

#36 Ashnod

Ashnod

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

I don't know where you got the 80% number from, but they're certainly not that powerful.

The tooltip is currently incorrect and reads 80%, they do function at 7.6ish% as intended.

#37 Koryk

Koryk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

That may be the case now, I've let my account lapse over the past month and they certainly could have hotfixed or changed in one of the patches in the meantime. When I was first leveling Leatherworking I did some tests in Shatrath with a Paladin that showed that the casting speed bonus was much higher than the tooltip stated. The buff changed Holy Light to a 1.2 or 1.4 second cast.

#38 Copernicus

Copernicus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:58 AM

What's the proc rate on Flame Caps for melee/ranged?

If they aren't using Healthstones or Demonic Runes, there isn't any other option for that cooldown.

#39 Oprahwinfury

Oprahwinfury

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

there has to be some obscure Quest item/ Random drop item that could be used to help that I have overlooked.

I think these are all of them:

Light of Elune (Alliance only and 1 charge but essentialy a divine shield usable by anyone)
Tea with Sugar (3 charges)
Fishliver Oil (Alliance only, 5 charges)
Pure Energy (5 charges)

With a unlimited supply:

Chipped Power Core (common drop from the BE starting zone, might seem silly but compare them to Drums of War for example, best thing is they don't share the same cd)
Crystal Basilisk Spine (common drop from basilisks in STV)
Razorlash Root (uncommon drop from Razorlash in Maraudon)
Crystal Restore (you can use these on other people but it won't stack with Renew)
Frozen Rune (uncommon drop from most Naxx mobs)

These aren't really consumables per se but might still be useful:

Crystal Charge (my personal favorite, instant cast)
Flash Bomb
Stratholme Holy Water
Discombobulator Ray
Bag of Marbles (Alliance only)
Wail of the Banshee
Clutch of Foresight
Magic Dust
Slumber Sand (Horde only)
Really Sticky Glue (Horde only)
Netherweave Net
Cinder Bracers
Mechanical Greench
Mechanical Yeti
Glowing Cat Figurine
Dog Whistle

I know, what possible use could a lvl 30 pet have in a lvl 70 encounter? Well i *think* that as long as they just poke the boss once and end up on their threat list there is a chance it will be targeted by "random" abilities, like Illhoofs sacrifice for example. I've seen the boss in DiM:East sacrifice my Arcanite Dragonling pet more than once. Seems totems work in the same way, I'm sure you've seen Nightbane fear the tank and then proceed to smack a totem next to him and after that go right back to the tank like nothing happened.

#40 Maax

Maax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:22 AM

Stratholme Holy Water

This is particularly fun to use on the non elite undead packs before moroes/maiden. I have found that it scales based on your spell damage, in my gear I get 1200-1500 hits and 2100-2400 crits. It is considered holy damage so I imagine it would be very useful for an pally aoe tanking.

Also fun to use if you saved it from the scourge invasion:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23122

Consecrated Sharpening Stone
Binds when picked up
Requires Level 50
Use: While applied to target weapon it increases attack power against undead by 100. Lasts for 1 hour.

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23123

Blessed Wizard Oil
Binds when picked up
Requires Level 50
Use: While applied to target weapon it increases spell damage against undead by up to 60. Lasts for 1 hour.

I had about 25 of them saved up when i started kara, sadly i only have about 13 oils left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users