• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#141 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Haste remains best as before.There are breakpoints, but it remains best after those breakpoints too. Crit was looking to be very, very slightly ahead of Mastery for single target (although, Mastery is obviously much stronger for burst/multidot situations).

Things are still changing, though.

#142 Hoedown

Hoedown

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for your reply Tecton. I'm really struggling trying to figure out the haste breakpoints now with DI being changed and all. Losing our relic really hosed up the target breakpoint for me.

#143 Keldion

Keldion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for your reply Tecton. I'm really struggling trying to figure out the haste breakpoints now with DI being changed and all. Losing our relic really hosed up the target breakpoint for me.

I've been compiling breakpoint data for MoP for level 85 and level 90.

#144 rippk

rippk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Haste remains best as before.There are breakpoints, but it remains best after those breakpoints too. Crit was looking to be very, very slightly ahead of Mastery for single target (although, Mastery is obviously much stronger for burst/multidot situations).

Things are still changing, though.

I understood that Crit takes priority over haste due to crit SF/wrath or starsurge crits increasing the duration of moonfire/sunfire. that would effectively negate one of the main advantage of haste, that is to get more ticks/cast of the dot. Haste will still allow for faster ticking dots i guess, as well as faster casts of SF/wrath.

in addition, the other plus for haste used to be getting to and cycling eclipse stats is faster. But with soul of the forest speeding us through non eclipse state. plus being able to set state at start of encounter ... I could definitely see how crit may take precedence.

#145 Hoedown

Hoedown

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

Is this table correct as far as haste is concerned in 5.0.4? It says we only need 3099 haste for our 4th extra tick, but I always understood it to be 3101. Has this changed?

Source: https://docs.google....JjbkxjS0E#gid=0

#146 stýx

stýx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

yes that should be correct. our haste break points changed after they nerfed dot times from 18->14s

#147 Balanced

Balanced

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

if i cant reach 5273 bp cause im miles of should i reforge into crit or go for haste eventho i wont make the bp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users