• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#21 rafikki

rafikki

Mr. Sandman

• Allied Members
  • 5840 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

I think I'm doing OK overall, but I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has. This WoL parse was the most recent I could find, but it's from before I had any 372 gear, maybe even an epic weapon for what it's worth. I generally have one tank assigned to me, and assist with raid healing otherwise.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

A couple of notes: I never use nourish, I basically haven't found a time I'd rather have the lower health cast. Maybe that's a failure on my part, but I don't tend to have mana issues between alch stone+conc pot/Tyrande's Doll/Innervates/Mana Tidet etc. I saw cb say above that Swiftmend should basically be used on cooldown, which I don't generally do as I (depending in the fight) try to save it more for emergencies so that may actually be an opportunity. Another thing I always think of too late is that I don't use ToL nearly often enough. I have that old conundrum going in my head about whether I really want to use it now, or am I likely to wish I had it later when it's on cooldown. Similar situation with Tranq, though that's obviously changed a bit with the patch.

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to give me any feedback. I'm currently logged out in healer gear, and I think the resto spec armory has right now isn't my usual one. If the armory doesn't show my resto gear, this is a mostly accurate wowhead profile, though the stats aren't matching my character sheet exactly: Profiler - Wowhead I'm going to ask vedi if he has some of the more recent parses elsewhere for more of our heroic kills.

#22 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Moderators
  • 5200 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

Just at a quick glance (Halfus H), your WG is disproportionately high with respect to your other spells. This could be because you're filling your time with cast time spells, but I suspect it's more a result of not being aggressive enough with RJ. Looking at a parse of mine from prior to the patch (since based on your efflor numbers, this was clearly a pre-patch log), my hps is lower owing mostly to the fact that we 7 healed it to your 6.5 (you have another druid with 51% presence) -- but my breakdown is a bit more indicative of using more tools (World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis).

The following things stand out:
  • Our fight was one minute shorter, but I still doubled your Swiftmend use. This really is a powerful spell, especially now with the buffs to efflor -- you should be using it on/near on cooldown. Generally speaking someone is always low enough, and failing that, given its low mana cost you really might consider casting it anyhow now.
  • I'm blind, or you never used ToL. If I'm blind, my apologies. If not, you really want to use it -- especially on a fight like Halfus given that it starts out pretty hectic and would allow you to provide broad coverage to the tanks.
  • Looking at your current gear your reforges are just coming out odd for me on armory. You reforged mastery into haste/spirit, and then haste/crit back into mastery? Might just be the way the stats work out on the gear, but it struck me as odd.
  • Are you trading innervates? I assume so given the second druid, but if not you ought to consider HT glyph -- particularly as you say you tend to have a tank assigned to you.
  • Spec wise, I am a strong supporter of NS though I realize not everyone is a fan. Out of curiosity is your mana so tight that you really need 2 in furor and 2 in moonglow -- can you spare anything to work into genesis?

Overall it's not bad. Basically just use Swiftmend more, and generally speaking you should always be at/over 100% presence unless fight mechanics make it impossible (think normal Putricide with long pause type periods).

i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#23 rafikki

rafikki

Mr. Sandman

• Allied Members
  • 5840 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback. As I said,i had never really thought to use swiftmend on cooldown. I generally tried to keep it in reserve for a quick top off, but I'll give it a shot next raid. ToL is definitely an opportunity. The gear reforges may be silly on my part, but the calculator I plugged my gear in showed that as the simplest way to get barely above a given haste breakpoint then max out mastery. The spec is just a bastardization I threw together when I didn't have talented running yesterday and needed to grab nature's cure for bh.

Thanks again for taking a look!

#24 red8981

red8981

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

My guild is doing Hard mode 7/10 in BWD and BoT for 25man
I do not know, if i am doing anything wrong. The following link is to my Hard Mode Halfus.
My role was heal the tank with another disc priest, so basically putting Life Bloom on tank, and heal the raid, but keep a eye on the tank if he get low.
I innervate myself on CD or less than 80% of mana.
After All drakes are down, I am basically OOM
So, I wonder do I need more spirit, or do I just simply did too much overhealing that wasted mana?
My profile on Wowhead is: Profiler - Wowhead

I would like to have some feedback on what should I improve

Thanks,

#25 PanisSkullcrusher

PanisSkullcrusher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

Tangedyn has already did something similar here. End result is that both Living Seed (favors tank healing) and Blessing of the Grove doesn't offer all that much.

Thanks. After looking at my logs I got pretty much the same result: both are underwhelming. Living Seed is slightly better I guess for me because I mainly tank heal and my Rejuv's overheal for so much while LS is much less.

#26 Jhonnyutah

Jhonnyutah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hey there,

I am primarily a 10 man healer, and have thus far kept to the 915 haste breakpoint and stacked mastery up to 23%. My gear is such that if I really stretched it I could probably reach the 2005 breakpoint at the expense of (obviously) a lot of mastery, some spirit and even some int. (it doesnt really help that so much of my gear has mastery on it natively)

Ive been hearing anecdotal reports that with the new efflo change scaling with the breakpoint, that I there will be a considerable throughput increase if I do infact reach the WG breakpoint. This is despite, according to some people, taking a loss of even 300 int to get there.

This seems really hard for me to swallow somehow, as mastery (at least in 10 mans) seems extremely powerful for reasons that you all know.

My healing is not suffering at the moment by any stretch, but obviously I want to be the best I can be. Can anyone offer their insight to the mastery/haste question as it pertains to 10 man healing in the 4.1 enivronment?

#27 Danorager

Danorager

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hey there,

I am primarily a 10 man healer, and have thus far kept to the 915 haste breakpoint and stacked mastery up to 23%. My gear is such that if I really stretched it I could probably reach the 2005 breakpoint at the expense of (obviously) a lot of mastery, some spirit and even some int. (it doesnt really help that so much of my gear has mastery on it natively)

Ive been hearing anecdotal reports that with the new efflo change scaling with the breakpoint, that I there will be a considerable throughput increase if I do infact reach the WG breakpoint. This is despite, according to some people, taking a loss of even 300 int to get there.

This seems really hard for me to swallow somehow, as mastery (at least in 10 mans) seems extremely powerful for reasons that you all know.

My healing is not suffering at the moment by any stretch, but obviously I want to be the best I can be. Can anyone offer their insight to the mastery/haste question as it pertains to 10 man healing in the 4.1 enivronment?

I too was struggling with this decision about whether or not to dump some int in order to gain the haste 2005 break point (this was at 4.06). I was in the same situation you were, and I decided to try it out and see the difference. This has been my experience:

1. My recount numbers in terms of total healing went up dramatically. However, with the switch to the 2005 haste breakpoint, I also changed my healing style considerable. I was primarily a tank heals - but as you know, in 10-man content, you realistically heal everyone in the raid...not just the tank. Now I focus more on raid heals because WG has become so powerful. I probably saw a jump of about 1-2k effective HPS because of the haste change and my switching to using WG nearly every time it is on CD. My WG numbers jumped from 2nd or 3rd place to a dominant first (accounting for a minimum of 35-40% of my effective HPS),

2, However, I am also "stuck" with my gear. Since I reforged everything to haste, gemmed a couple of slots with either +40 haste gems (in the fading violet sandles to get the extra +10 haste) and a few other spot gemmed with reckless (+20int/+20haste), everytime I come up with an upgrade that would increase my Intelligence, I need to make certain that I maintain my haste at 2005. For instance, I use the Sea Star trinket (heroic version) that grants +285 spirit. I reforged it to give me another +114 haste. In order to replace this trinket - even with one that would give me +321 intelligence - I would need to make up that 114 haste somewhere else. That's three Rubys that I would need to lose to make up for the haste. Clearly it is worth it to do so, but that is just an example of the itemization that you would need to take in to account as you switch over to haste-based gear.

3. Since I was reforging in to haste, I was reforging out of spirit - so now my mana regen has gone down noticably. This means I need to keep a closer eye on my mana.

4. All that being said, I would DEFINATELY do it again. The extra haste that I have seen increases my WG healing so it is still a no-brainer.

Does that help?

#28 Danorager

Danorager

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

I would like some assistance in better understanding the numbers that come out of the world of logs reports. Let's take this report as an example:

Looking at the Wild Growth line item, I'm confused about the following items:

1. Healing Done - this is pretty straight forward - its overall healing done, right? It is NOT effective healing, correct?
2. Hits - This is not relevant to WG because WG is a pure HoT - there are not direct hits like there would be for HT or Regrowth, correct? For the HT and RG numbers - the hits are the non-crit heals, correct?
3. Crits - This is the number of times WG critted - since WG doesn't crit, it looks like the numbers are duplicated for crits and Direct Heals (they are redundant numbers), correct? Furthermore, for WG what defines a Crit/Direct Heal versus a Tick?
You can see that I had 206 Crits, 206 Direct Heals and 604 ticks. What does this mean? Does this mean that I cast it (roughly) 38 times and it hit 6 people each time (roughly)...38*6 = 228 (of course there are going to be some times where it didn't hit all 6 people).

4. On the Ticks, it shows 604 ticks - what does this number represent? If I did cast it 38 times, I have the 2005 haste breakpoint, so it should tick 6 times - by my calculations, it should tick 1300 times, across 6 people - but I'm showing half that many.

Please help me decipher these numbers

Thanks!

#29 red8981

red8981

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

Healing done is the effective healing thats been done, Read last column of the chart, it says,"Overheal."

1. Healing Done - this is pretty straight forward - its overall healing done, right? It is NOT effective healing, correct?

Healing done is the effective healing thats been done, Read last column of the chart, it says,"Overheal."

2. Hits - This is not relevant to WG because WG is a pure HoT - there are not direct hits like there would be for HT or Regrowth, correct? For the HT and RG numbers - the hits are the non-crit heals, correct?

4. On the Ticks, it shows 604 ticks - what does this number represent? If I did cast it 38 times, I have the 2005 haste breakpoint, so it should tick 6 times - by my calculations, it should tick 1300 times, across 6 people - but I'm showing half that many.

Hit is non-crit heals
Crits is crit heals
Direct heal is total heals
Ticks are for HoTs.
for WG, how you know you casted it 38 times? Even if you did, are you 100% that it always hits 6 people?

3. Crits - This is the number of times WG critted - since WG doesn't crit, it looks like the numbers are duplicated for crits and Direct Heals (they are redundant numbers), correct? Furthermore, for WG what defines a Crit/Direct Heal versus a Tick?
You can see that I had 206 Crits, 206 Direct Heals and 604 ticks. What does this mean? Does this mean that I cast it (roughly) 38 times and it hit 6 people each time (roughly)...38*6 = 228 (of course there are going to be some times where it didn't hit all 6 people).
I thought all HoTs can be crits, Only the new Efflorescence can not crits.

I maybe wrong, but thats what I think those numbers are, Hope it helps =]

#30 red8981

red8981

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

Hey there,

Higher haste make your HoTs tick faster, which may result in less overheal.
In the ideal world, if a Full HoTs considered, mastery>haste, except when you hit a haste point.
In the real world, not that often that a Full HoTs will be done unless you two healing 10man content and/or doing heroic modes.

All that comes to a simple, pre HoTs situation.
Pre HoT before the damage is coming, WG then Rejuv the same target, so you benefits from the master, etc...

The new Efflorescence does scale with haste break points, and ideally mastery should be better than haste if not a haste break point.

Anyone can confirm if efflorescence scale benefit from master? such as healing HoT'ed target will be more than healing non-HoT'ed target?

#31 Jhonnyutah

Jhonnyutah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Anyone can confirm if efflorescence scale benefit from master? such as healing HoT'ed target will be more than healing non-HoT'ed target?

It doesnt in the way you describe, but that said your original swiftmend to proc the efflo does. More mastery = bigger efflo in that sense. If it did what you describe it would be double dipping mastery.

Thanks for the input concerning if it is worth me stacking haste to the 2005 point even in a 10 man environment. Ill bite the bullet and give it a shot.

#32 Cefiks

Cefiks

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hello,
I would like to ask for an advice on Heroic Neff 25. We have problems with him for some weeks now. After first tries we improved a lot, but still failing on a lot of random stuff, thus not getting into phase 3 that much. Surely, we need more practice there, but I decided to ask here about my healing.

Here are some logs before 4.1 patch:

And here are logs from last reset:

Basically, I'm assigned to heal kiting tank (war) in P1, then healing Neff tank and 2 crackles, in P2 I'm healing pillar with 2 resto shammys. In P3 its again kiter of adds. I don't have that much time healing anything else, basically just putting rejuv on Neff tank and WG on crackle. When adds are dead or with low energy, I can afford channeling Tranq on one crackle or throwing some rejuvs on raid.

What I noticed is that despite rarely getting to P3 before 3 weeks Living Seed was 2% of my healing after whole night. On the other hand, Regrowth was lower than I was expecting. But speccing from Nature's Bounty to LS (since I found NS to be useful for healing kiter) will make my flash useless and some ToL + Regrowth spam on kitter when needed won't be viable option.

But I'm not that friendly with viewing logs and getting important information from them, so I would be pleased if someone skilled will make some time and take a look on these logs and tell me where I can improve.

#33 Danorager

Danorager

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hit is non-crit heals
Crits is crit heals
Direct heal is total heals
Ticks are for HoTs.
for WG, how you know you casted it 38 times? Even if you did, are you 100% that it always hits 6 people?

I assumed a lot :)

The total fight lasted 3:48 (228 seconds). I am fairly certain that I cast WG every single time it was up (or nearly). WG has an eight second CD, not accounting for haste - so I assumed a 6 sec CD (I'm guessing a lot here...didn't do the detailed math). 228/6 = 38. It seemed like a resonable number. However, I WISH that WoL could capture how many times I actually did cast WG (and like spells).

So - based on your information above for WG:

I had ZERO non-crit heals for WG
I had 206 crit heals for WG
I had 206 TOTAL heals for WG
I had 604 ticks of WG

These numbers don't seem to add up...

Let's assume for a second, I'm trying to find out how many times I did cast WG. Above, I assumed that I cast it 38 times because of the following:

1. The total length of the encounter was 228 seconds
2. I cast WG every time it was up (assumption-potentially flawed)
3. My WG CD, based on my haste, is 6 seconds

These are big assumptions.

But let's take a different perspective and assume some different things:

1. Because of the way that WG works - the number of crit heals and the number of direct heals are actually referring to the same number - in other words, they are redundant.
2. There are no crit heals for WG (I seem to remember reading this, but memory is often faulty - this needs to be tested and can be easily tested...when I'm not at work :))
3. The actual number of people that get hit by my WG, on average, is 5
4. The # of crits/direct heals refers to the first tick of WG
5. The # of ticks refers to the other 5 ticks of WG (with a haste > 2005)

Based on these assumptions, I want to calculate the number of times that I cast WG. If I add the crit/direct heals (206) + the ticks (604), I get 810. 810 divided by the number of average people hit (5) is 162 total ticks. If I divide this number by 6 (the number of ticks in WG) I get 27 - this is the assumption on how many times that I've cast WG.

This is based on the aforementioned assumptions...and I wanted to validate my assumptions of #1, #2, #4, and #5.

Thanks in advance to any feedback!

#34 red8981

red8981

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

1. I believe they are the same
2. I remember reading all HoT can crit.
3. how do you know that?
4. I think they take crit heals as direct heals
5. ticks refers to the non ticks on WG
And I suggest you read up carefully, 2005 is the haste break point for 9th ticks, unless I remember it wrong.

so it is 206+604=810 totally ticks, 810/9=90 (810 totally ticks/9ticks ea=90 players got hit by it), 90/5players =18 times you casted it.

18*6=108 seconds up
108/228=0.47% up
time up 48.9%, but close enough

#35 santrilla

santrilla

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

I can offer my experiences on this switch too, because I've been in the exact same situation - I was hugging 915 with mastery and spirit coming out of my ears, and I made the switch.

Before the switch I'd been buying Spi/Mas items for valor, so in preparation I bought the Has/Cri items instead. I waited until I could comfortably reforge and gem to haste without losing *too*much power elsewhere - I think this point was when I could get to about 1700 native haste on my gear. Post-switch I lost about 2-3 points of mastery and a few hundred spirit.

The lack of mastery has certainly been notable, and mana's tight, but the throughput increase is really nice. WG and Eff ticks are considerably faster, and I can get a Nourish off in 1.4 with the right procs - fantastic for Chimaeron! It does force you to change your healing style, but I think that's a good thing. I'm conscious that I wasn't healing as effectively as I could be, pre-switch, which meant my overheal and mana consumption were less than optimal. Now I'm having to work hard to stop myself from OOMing (4-set t11 helps), but the outcome is a definite improvement.

Long story short - if switching would massacre your other secondaries, don't do it. But it's totally worth it when you can manage it.

#36 Vilendor

Vilendor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

Hi!

I need a litle help.

So here is this Quote from the first post:
"You should be aware of haste breakpoints for your HoT's--for example Rejuvenation gains a 5th tick at 916 haste and Wild Growth/Efflorescence gain a 9th tick at 2005 haste (assuming a 5% haste buff and no Dark Intent)."

I got 1451 spellhaste and my rejuvenation stil ticks only 4 times + the extra heal from Gift of the Earthmother talent. Here is a screenshot to prove it

Any idea why is this or whats wrong with my poor druid? :(

(here is the armory link, if it helps)

#37 Greentouch

Greentouch

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Hi!

I need a litle help.

So here is this Quote from the first post:
"You should be aware of haste breakpoints for your HoT's--for example Rejuvenation gains a 5th tick at 916 haste and Wild Growth/Efflorescence gain a 9th tick at 2005 haste (assuming a 5% haste buff and no Dark Intent)."

You actually answered your own question with the quote you quoted. Read that again.
All anyone ever needs to know about being a Resto Druid in PVE, complete and up-to-date guide at: Resto Raiding Guide

#38 Unar

Unar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

The 916 haste break point applies when you have the 5% haste buff from your group (spriest, boomkin, shammy). You even said this in your quote.

#39 Vilendor

Vilendor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:54 AM

But 916 + 5% = 962 haste and i got 1451. I don't get it.

#40 Guest_Aeldanwe_*

Guest_Aeldanwe_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

But 916 + 5% = 962 haste and i got 1451. I don't get it.

The 5% haste buff is not 5% of your haste. It is an actual 5% increase in haste (equal to 640.28505 haste rating at level 85).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users