201 replies to this topic

#41 molemole

molemole

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

It is 5% haste not 5% haste rating.

you need 128.05716 haste rating at 85 to get 1% haste. So if your missing 5% haste you need (128.05716*5) 640.2858 to make it up. So without 5% haste buff you need 916 + 640.2858 = 1557 haste rating to get that extra tick.

You see?

#42 Nectar

Nectar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

double posted for some reason.. delete!

#43 Nectar

Nectar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:36 AM

I have been pondering a few things over the past two to three weeks. Originally, I went to my guild's alt raid and did okay on healing - I can pull off first and sometimes second. I came back from a long break with my last raid experience being heroic mimiron/0 keeper yogg, and anub 25 with 40+ attempts. I can see that healing has changed a bit, but I am now raiding.

I was thrown into healing heroic Magmaw, Maloriak, Atramedes, Chimaeron, and Halfus. Most of them seemed okay, but my healing was obviously a lot lower compared to their main raiders. After reading, reading, and more reading, I know that int>spellpower>spirit>haste>mastery/>crit. I understand that crit/mastery should generally be reforged. I was comparing myself to the two other druids in my raid (here is mine: Nectarine, and the other two: Krox, and Meliandria). We are all at different levels of gear. Krox has the highest haste and intellect.
My question is - HOW do I get to the 2005 haste point? I have some orange gems in, but I'd rather not enchant my boots with haste because I like the 8% run speed. I am so confused on how to get the needed haste to keep up with the other healers. I could take spirit off Mandala and get haste on that - but I am unsure if that is worth it. Any help would be awesome.

#44 Guest_Acintheira_*

Guest_Acintheira_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

I am having a discussion with the resto druid in my guild and he is claiming that with all available external and personal abilities used on CD (replenishment, Innervate, druid talents) that "... Spirit gives more Mp5 than Intellect, but a resto druid will get more total mana from Intellect during an encounter".

I don't think we are taking mana pool size into consideration ( at least I am not) it is purely from a mana regen POV. Is this correct or is spirit giving more mana regen per point then int is? We have gone back and forth with what math capabilities we have but have not come to an agreement (I think his math actually proves my point but w/e).

If this is not the case and Spirit is better, purely for regen, then INT does anyone know about how close they are? I have admitted, and we agree, that INT is the #1 stat for casters we just disagree on the amounts of regen from the two stats.

#45 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Acintheira,

He can get the marginal value of a point of Int or Spirit by using TreeCalcs. I can easily make choices that change their relative values drastically.

Download TreeCalcs 110427.xls (5-minute fight, Druids trade glyphed innervates, druid not specced into furor)

1 Spirit = .70 MP5
1 Int = .95 MP5

Innervate self, and use an infinite-duration fight and spirit stays the same, but Int drops to 0.62 MP5.

In addition, remove Mana Tide, and the Int value drops to .49 MP5

#46 camaz0tz

camaz0tz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

Acinetheira, It's a mute point really. You'll never gem spirit over int, and you can't reforge int to spirit, which you shouldn't want to anyway as both choices would nerf our healing making your regen ultimately useless. Unless your whole point is deciding a tertiary stat after haste between spirit and mastery, in which case I'd go spirit, especially as you get into later hard modes where fights become longer and more healing intensive throughout that length.

#47 Guest_Acintheira_*

Guest_Acintheira_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. It was more of a though experiment then anything else. We were trying to figure out what was the best stat for pure regen. I'm sure TreeCalcs will be able to put to rest any theoretical and/or realistic questions we have. There was never any argument that INT was the best over all stat.

#48 Kamchack

Kamchack

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

I need some assistance from a Mac user with setting up WoL Client on my system. I am getting an error that the /Applications/WorldofWarcraft/WorldofLogsClient.txt is unable to be read error when I try to launch the default client. I have read places that either tweaking is needed for Java on the default client, or there may be a Mac client I have not found.
If there is anyone that uses both a Mac and WoL, please lend me your time and assistance to get this set up. You will have my eternal gratitude.

[Entry made after approval from Carebare in PM]

#49 Donthealme

Donthealme

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

No WoL feedback needed here, more of a simple question, browsed through and have not really found anything on it. We have a resto druid who only innervates themselves claiming the glyph is bugged and thus is restoring 30% of their mana, while other healers have done nothing but complain that the resto druid should never ever be getting an innervate. Now I am not a healer so I can see both sides of the coin, but my understanding is that due to class mechanics and abilities using innervate on yourself(if there is not another tree in raid) is the way to go due to really low combat regen comparatively speaking. I will include logs from last night as well as the druids armory. So I guess, are they correct about the glyph? Do you see anything off with the spell usage(they are raid healing)? Is it normal, or is there a problem that they are getting almost every single innervate cast by themselves and the boomkin? Thanks is advance

WoL-sample H Atramedes kill-
Armory

#50 Proton

Proton

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

We have a resto druid who only innervates themselves claiming the glyph is bugged and thus is restoring 30% of their mana, while other healers have done nothing but complain that the resto druid should never ever be getting an innervate.

The glyph is not bugged. I would routinely swap innervates with the other resto druid in raid, but whenever she was absent, I would innervate myself and gain no extra mana from the glyph.

If you look carefully in the logs, you'll see that the moonkin innervated the resto druid 3 times (71577 mana), while your resto self-innervated twice (49623 mana). The moonkin gained additional mana from the glyph (27662 mana), which is listed separately in WoL. The resto druid received no additional mana from self-innervating.

Five innervates in one attempt is probably a little excessive, so I understand why your other healers are complaining. If the resto is receiving innervates from the moonkin regularly, which seems to be the case, then the resto should easily be able to give out innervates without being pressed for mana - it's the same amount of mana as a resto-resto swap.

#51 Donthealme

Donthealme

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

The glyph is not bugged. I would routinely swap innervates with the other resto druid in raid, but whenever she was absent, I would innervate myself and gain no extra mana from the glyph.

If you look carefully in the logs, you'll see that the moonkin innervated the resto druid 3 times (71577 mana), while your resto self-innervated twice (49623 mana). The moonkin gained additional mana from the glyph (27662 mana), which is listed separately in WoL. The resto druid received no additional mana from self-innervating.

Five innervates in one attempt is probably a little excessive, so I understand why your other healers are complaining. If the resto is receiving innervates from the moonkin regularly, which seems to be the case, then the resto should easily be able to give out innervates without being pressed for mana - it's the same amount of mana as a resto-resto swap.

Thanks, I was not 100% sure about the mechanics and thought that this is what I was seeing, however I did not want to approach the situation without being correct.

#52 madsskj

madsskj

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

I am currently raiding 10 man hc content and have a few questions i hope you can help me with.

When i play i keep LB rolling on tank, WG raid and follow up with RJ's. OoC goes to RG and as emergency heal i almost always use RG. I find myself playing a style were i hardly ever use HT and Nourish. I believe i can keep this style up in the next patch using RG and SM to keep up Harmony, so i think i'll be using my talent points like this:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
Maybe put the two points from furor in genesis depending on the mana situation. would i miss out on to much not taking naturalist?

And one more question that has been bothering me.. with my current gear i am able to reach the 2005 haste cap losing around 100 int and tons of mastery. Would hitting this cap be worth it in 10's or is it only in 25's hitting this cap is vital? and is this gonna change in the next patch?

#53 shadowreh

shadowreh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

@madsskj:
The general consensus seems to be that it is okay to drop that amount of int and mastery for 25-man-raids if you are able to reach the hastebreakpoint with it. For 10-man-raids mastery seems to be the "better" stat after the 915er hastebreakpoint. So if you keep raiding 10hm then you should probably stick around 915 haste and stack mastery.
It does not seem like this will change in the next patch since we will still be taking the higher ilevel gear and there does not seem to be a hastebreakpoint around any reachable corner that would differ from 10-man to 25-man except for mentioned one.

#54 Eldra

Eldra

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

i think the 2005 cap is overrated. Loosing too much int just isnt worth it. if u can get it with reforging alone go for it. Even 25-man-raids seem to think along this line. The moment a druid aquires SoW 2005 cap gets less attractive.

#55 skevr21

skevr21

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

hey i was wondering how much haste i should have along with crit% and mastery. im trying to figure out what i should sacrafice to reforge. im spirit capped by quite a margin and am wondering if i should reforge it or what. heres my armory.
Bludthirst @ Crushridge - Game - World of Warcraft

#56 Freehugss

Freehugss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

hey i was wondering how much haste i should have along with crit% and mastery. im trying to figure out what i should sacrafice to reforge. im spirit capped by quite a margin and am wondering if i should reforge it or what. heres my armory.
Bludthirst @ Crushridge - Game - World of Warcraft

From looking at your armory, you are way over the Rejuv haste-breakpoint, you should really only have around 920 haste (Assuming you have the 5% Haste buff in your raid). For spirit, you should really know your own limits in raid, and work around them, there's no cap for spirit, it is totally decided on your play style. On some bits of your gear, you've left the crit, and have not reforged out of it, crit is extremely unreliable, therefore, you want to reforge out of it any time you can.

To sum it all up,
Reforge any Haste to Mastery/Spirit, until you're as close to 920 Haste as you can be.
Reforge any Crit to Mastery/Spirit.

#57 Danorager

Danorager

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Our guild has recently been beating our heads against the wall with normal-mode Cho'gall. The way we run it is that we have everyone stand close to Cho'gall's throne, the tank (Xtremesonic, in the WoL logs) picks up Cho'gall, tanks him till the Adherent spawns. The tanks swap, Xtreme picks up the adherent and we spread out to avoid the shadow crashes.

As you can tell in the logs, we three-heal this fight, and we usually get to the point where we hit the 4 adherent. If we are lucky, we push Cho'gall to 25% while the 4th adherent is still up, but before the adds spawn from the 4th wave. However, we've never been able to get Cho'gall past 7% (best attempt to date), usually we wipe around 15% or so.

My role is to heal Xtreme.

I've noticed other guilds 2-heal it (often times with a SPriest, which we occasionally have access to). My questions are as follows:

1. I believe we are taking too much dmg before Cho'gall reaches 25% - however, I'd like a second opinion...
2. When we have 2-healed it, the other healer and I didn't have enough juice to cope with the dmg in phase 3 (after 25%). How do other druids heal in phase 3? I've tried popping ToL, rolling LBs around and tranquility when things get rough...but I just can't keep up.

Please advise!

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Thanks!

#58 Sasazuka

Sasazuka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

It seems that the raid is taking in damage from Blood of the Old Gods - ideally Corrupting Crash and any melee from BotOG should be completely avoidable but according to WoL it seems that was not the case. Since you have both hunter and boomkin, you should be able to keep a movement debuff on BotOG (trap and mushrooms). You can pre-trap by throwing one early and moving the Corrupting Adherent on to it and then throw another one again. Similarly with mushroom you can detonate earlier and then again when they spawn so you can have 3 mushroom for slow (in a straight line) and then 3 more for their damage (stacked where they spawn). No one should be take melee damage from BotOG. Also, interrupting the Worshipping is high priority (Twisted Devotion had an uptime of 43.5%). People also need to be aware of the fire on the ground (Blaze?).

What we did for normal is:
Tank Cho'gall at the center with him facing the throne. Everyone else is stacked behind Cho'gall (for AoE heals). Corrupting Adherent is taken to the entrance and killed there. For the final phase, tank should move Cho'gall onto groups of Darkened Creation to AoE down.

As for mana, it seems you are spec'd for output and you can consider changing your talent for regen (in your case Furor). Can't tell from Armory whether you are undergeared or not - I'm assuming not from your feral gear.

#59 southdetroit

southdetroit

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

I'm really struggling to figure out why Taera and Knurd outhealed me by so much in this parse. I get that I should be using Rejuv more, although I'm usually more of a tank healer. Beyond this, I'm having a tough time extracting meaningful information from these parses. My armory profile, for reference. Knurd and I have very similar gear, and Taera slightly outgears us (perhaps 1 or 2 more 372 pieces). Any insight on how I can increase my throughput would be greatly appreciated.

#60 oopsminded

oopsminded

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

I'm looking at your Magmaw 25H log and I see a very high value on overhealing, 63.8 % overall; no Tranquility use; you seem to be using Swiftmend only to get Efflorescence, as you have 90% over healing on that.

Also, you're just not using your mana to the maximum potential: with so much spirit on your gear/trinkets/4set bonus, I believe you could've had some more HPET, less HPM spells used than those 18 Nourishes. Especially as you didn't use Innervate once, you didn't use any potion, and you went ToL just once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users