• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

This is the thread for simple questions that don't fit anywhere else. If your question applies to one of the existing thread topics, please post it there instead. If you expect to generate significant additional discussion, create a new thread. If, however, you have a simple question that only requires a simple answer and don't see a better place to post it, this is your thread.

If you're struggling to push reasonable dps or keep your teammates alive and you don't know why, start by reading the guide at the start of the thread for your spec. You should verify that the answer isn't already easily available before posting. If you still can't figure out what you're doing wrong, or you didn't understand what you've read, ask here. Maybe someone will help you. But if you don't get a response, tactics like asking again or bumping your post will earn you an infraction.

Note that all forum rules other than the injunction against hand holding requests still apply in this thread, and that rule still applies everywhere else. If anything I will enforce the rest of the rules even more strictly! Clear communication is important even in short posts. A short "no" or "choose trinket B" response to a question isn't helpful, and will receive an infraction -- briefly explain the why and how of things. The goal is to educate, not babysit.

I'll repeat the point I made in that last paragraph -- click this link and read the rules before posting, and follow them when you do post.

#2 ghaltagh

ghaltagh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

i just checked all the forums here and i also check the BWD BoE Fist Weapons in Enhism, but i didnt get any Logical reason that why Torment + Maimgor's Bite is better than Torment and Agony . could someone plz help me about it ?

#3 greez

greez

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

i just checked all the forums here and i also check the BWD BoE Fist Weapons in Enhism, but i didnt get any Logical reason that why 2x Maimgor's Bite is better than Torment and Agony . could someone plz help me about it ?

Someone might want to correct me, but as far as Im concerned haste proc from set avarages to around 200 haste, which isnt enough to make up for agility loss when using Agony OH.
Edit: If you sim'd it and got similar results - on any boss encounter there are times when you cant use procs to their full potential due to mechanics, so its better to avoid procs like the one from Claws set.

#4 Staticus

Staticus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

i just checked all the forums here and i also check the BWD BoE Fist Weapons in Enhism, but i didnt get any Logical reason that why Torment + Maimgor's Bite is better than Torment and Agony . could someone plz help me about it ?

Assuming it's 1 ppm like most procs, you're talking a passive 166 haste which isn't worth enough to favour it over anything except a blue OH, even the upcoming 4.1 fist from ZG sims better for me. (and that's the only reason I still use Agony & Torment, cos I've yet to see any axes from BWD)

#5 Kitteh

Kitteh

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

With Elemental Precision - Spell - World of Warcraft providing spell hit from spirit and being seemingly favoured for single target builds i'm curious if melee hit can be forgotten about completely and just gearing towards spirit+hit needs to be 1639 to be soft capped (space goat)? I've tried gearing with this in mind but it seems to sim rather low. Any clue whats causing this?

I run with this build presently if the question causes confusion: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

If you have further questions, feel free to raise them, but keep in mind when so doing that I'm right, you're wrong, and that you're annoying me.

:keke:

#6 Bainato

Bainato

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

With Elemental Precision - Spell - World of Warcraft providing spell hit from spirit and being seemingly favoured for single target builds i'm curious if melee hit can be forgotten about completely and just gearing towards spirit+hit needs to be 1639 to be soft capped (space goat)? I've tried gearing with this in mind but it seems to sim rather low. Any clue whats causing this?

I run with this build presently if the question causes confusion: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

You can't forgo melee hit because dual wielding gives enhancement an inherently high auto attack miss% against raid bosses, 27% while dual wielding vs 8% with a two-hander and auto attack damage is still ~16% of our damage (#1 or #2 source of damage) in addition to proc'ing maelstrom weapon. +Hit benefits melee and spell attacks while spirit only affects spells. There's no reason to favor spirit over +hit.

#7 wavehunta

wavehunta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hey All,

I have been using the glyph of shamanistic Rage now for some time.. I am raiding , ToT4W, Bwd, and Bot for some time and we are getting to Al'akir, Nef and Cho gall... every week... however now I am getting used to the fight I am looking at more detail how my spells , counter spells are working... however ... I have not been able to see any machanic working for Shamanistic rage.

So I have come here to seek some more knowledge.. Has anyone seen their Shamanistic rage Dispel/ remove any Buffs?

For example.. on Al akir with acid rain in P2 I have not seen it dispel or remove this buff... but when I tank Al akir on my Death knight the Anti magic sheild removes/Stops stacks of acid rain .... so I would have thought the glyph should work here?

So has anyone had any joy dispelling anything by using Shamanistic rage glyph / if so could you let me know what spell you have succesfully seen this glyph work with.. and which instance ?

Or should I Just give up on this glyph as it has no Raid Use?

with thanks

#8 grishaan

grishaan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

The effect you're seeing on your DK is most probably due to the AMS making you immune to application of a new magic debuff which is quite different from the Glyph of Shamanistic Rage removing any existing dispellable (!) magic debuff. Only use for this glyph coming to my mind is helping out with dispell on you at Twilight Council or Cho'gall.

#9 Moretotems

Moretotems

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

Whats better and why, I have these two trinkets

Essence of the Cyclone 321 Agility Chance to increase crit by 1926 for 10 sec
Unheeded Warning 321 Agility chance to weapon damage by 680 for 10 sec

Ive being using Essence of the cyclone as I enjoy its crit bonus.

But unheeded warning has always being a iffy one in which I believe might be better, but never gave it a chance

Thanks

#10 peer

peer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Apparently, unless it changed in 4.1, Unheeded Warning's proc does not affect Shaman specials, only autoattacks. This makes it a very weak trinket for us. EotC is no doubt superior, but heroic Tia's Grace might be better still.

#11 Rouncer

Rouncer

Deeper Shade of Blue

• Allied Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

Apparently, unless it changed in 4.1, Unheeded Warning's proc does not affect Shaman specials, only autoattacks. This makes it a very weak trinket for us. EotC is no doubt superior, but heroic Tia's Grace might be better still.

Affects Stormstrike and Windfury Weapon Attacks but doesn't affect Lava Lash as of the last time I tested it.

#12 huntcaudata

huntcaudata

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

How are Shaman Totems affected by buffs, specifically searing totem (I suppose other possible candidates for scaling would be Magma and Elemental totems). Does it scale with spell power, haste, or crit? If so, does it scale in real time or is it based on your stats at the moment the totem is cast?

#13 Moshne

Moshne

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Searing Totem dynamically updates for your spell power and your crit. The last time we put extensive time into it it didn't scale with our haste, but that may have changed since. It will also usually take on any percentage buffs you get, things like Blood Queen in ICC, or Stolen Power from Heroic: Nef (by comparison, Fire Elemental will generally not.) However, the Fire Elemental will take a "snapshot" of your spell power when you drop him, keeping it for the entire time (trinket procs, etc.) As far as I'm aware Magma Totem follows the same behavior as Searing Totem.

- 13/13 HM -25m - W/Th/Sun 8-12 CST LF Mistweaver
www.somethingwickedguild.com

#14 crazygamer84

crazygamer84

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

Anyone uses askmrrobot.com? I used it about a month ago and got addicted to it and have great trust in it after my reforging got so much simpler and i'm seeing dps increases. Then i started to change my gear based on its recommendations, but now i'm facing a dilemma as i see its weapon recommendations for a mainhand to be a caster mainhand (I'm enh shaman btw) when i tick off the options to exclude spell weapons, and the stat value to be so much higher than an agi one (even the heroic agi BiS pales in comparison). So i took it upon myself to experiment on it, i changed by MH from Claw of Torment to my ele weapon Incineratus (since its base dmg had been improved) and put landslide on it, reforge things accordingly on it and went to the training dummy(WF/FT). The good news is i'm actually seeing a dps increase by about 1k+.

Next, i played around with it in za/zg and some raids and its showing pretty consistent dps which were slightly higher than before for single targets, and much better numbers for aoe fights. The main question i'm really curious about is: Has spellcaster mainhand been really phased out for enhancement? I've search the whole board for answers, but it seems that this topic has died down long ago, therefore, any advice would really be appreciated.

#15 Volti

Volti

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

If its still working, it'll probably get changed soon. Blizzard stated multiple times that caster weapons should not be a good choice for Enhance.

#16 Bainato

Bainato

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Running myself through enhsim with Blade of the Witching Hour in place of my Claws of Torment resulted in a 230 dps loss with the BiS attack priority. Even with tweaking the priority a bit, I don't see how you could turn a 230 loss into a 1k+ gain.

#17 crazygamer84

crazygamer84

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the calculations, may i know what is the current BiS attack priority? I still have my claws stored up in the event it gets nerfed or proven wrong and i would certainly want to test it out. One thing i tweaked was i had changed my windfury glyph for flameshock more for convenience and fire nova utility, i just deduced the 1.8 aspd from the dagger might make it proc more often, not too sure what manner of impact it has on the data. But, i'd go reforge everything back with the claw and see how it goes again, although it was kinda fun to see big aoe numbers for awhile.

#18 Naturtok

Naturtok

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

My question is about the tier 12 set bonuses that were posted on mmo-champ.

"Enhancement 2 Pieces - Your Lava Lash gains an additional 5% damage increase per application of Searing Flames on the target.
Enhancement 4 Pieces - Your Stormstrike ability also increases Fire damage you deal to that target by 6%."

Is the 2-set going to be vastly more attractive than 4-set again for this tier? Because, I personally don't see how a 6% increase to damage from only two sources (I think? flame shock & searing flames) can be better than an (ideally) 25% damage increase to lava lash.

#19 Stopokingme

Stopokingme

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

My question is about the tier 12 set bonuses that were posted on mmo-champ.

"Enhancement 2 Pieces - Your Lava Lash gains an additional 5% damage increase per application of Searing Flames on the target.
Enhancement 4 Pieces - Your Stormstrike ability also increases Fire damage you deal to that target by 6%."

Is the 2-set going to be vastly more attractive than 4-set again for this tier? Because, I personally don't see how a 6% increase to damage from only two sources (I think? flame shock & searing flames) can be better than an (ideally) 25% damage increase to lava lash.

You're overestimating the two piece bonus there. Because of the way Lava Lash damage is calculated the effect of the two piece will be (correct me if I'm wrong, only did some fast math according to the formula in this post) a roughly 8% gain on Lava Lash damage.

As for the four piece, assuming that all our fire damage (Flametongue Weapon, Lava Lash, Flame Shock, Searing Flames, Fire Totem and Fire Nova) gets improved by the 4 piece bonus, it'll be a bigger damage gain then the 2 piece bonus.
Enchantment?

#20 Cereberus

Cereberus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

Wife has an elemental shaman and is decently geared, but still gearing up. We have done many tests upon rotations, respec, gemming, and so on. I've read a lot on these forums, but there's a lot of debating on whats best and so on so it's kinda hard to pick and choose what to use. If someones a lvl 85 elemental shaman and is hitting high dps, could you please message me with some information on your rotation, stats, and some helpful hints and tips. We've been trying to learn a shaman and want to be led in the right direction. Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users