• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#221 Sahkyo

Sahkyo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

The new Enhance me guide says that we need 7,5 % Expertise and 7,5 % Hit with level 90.
How much Hit/Expertise do we need next week with level 85?

#222 Cheysuli

Cheysuli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

The new Enhance me guide says that we need 7,5 % Expertise and 7,5 % Hit with level 90.
How much Hit/Expertise do we need next week with level 85?

We will need 7.5% expertise and 7,5% hit to cap both. At level 85 it should be 769 hit rating and 769 expertise rating or 666 if you have hit or expertise racial bonus. With both ratings we should be also spell hit capped.

#223 titansol20

titansol20

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Also something of note. For racial Hit/Expertise, if you use your race's preferred weapon in your main hand, but not your off hand it will count as both. However if you use it in your off hand it will not count. This was posted in the Beta threads by Crithto in response to a question the beta class balance analysis thread.

poster's question - Regarding racial expertise and weapons, I would like to know what would happen in the following scenario:

7.50% on-gear hit rating, 6.50% on-gear expertise, Main hand Axe, Off hand Sword, racial expertise (either sword or axe)

Would you be spell hit capped or not?

Blue response - OK, update on spell hit from expertise from weapon racials: It should count expertise on your main hand as spell hit. In the situation you described, an orc (axe racial, which is in the MH) would be spell hit capped, and a human (sword racial, which is in the OH) would not. The character sheet UI should properly reflect this, however, there’s currently a bug on beta where it’s not actually giving you this benefit. That will be fixed soon.

#224 Iol

Iol

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I've tried every secondary-stat gearing/reforging strategy that made any sense to me - and some that didn't, to no avail.
Anyone have some ideas?

Hate to say it, but I think it's kind of normal. HPS is not measurable like DPS is. IE: Until the boss is dead, more dps can be measured, whereas when the raid is topped more HPS is not. Now that's probably not news to you, I am pointing it out because we're at the end of the expention, where people take less damage from being better geared, where healers heal more from gear too.

Keep all this in mind, then take a look at our mastery. It does squat jack when people are near full. Paladins and Disc Priest on the other hand get healing number even if people don't go under 100% HP through shield / absorbs mecanics. They get a shot at HPS charting before you even can. You scoring lower doesnt mean you suck. You and your raid should be aware of that, when assessing your performance.

HPS comparison in terms of calculating your output, include overheal.
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users