• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#41 swingmaster

swingmaster

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

As we get more and more mastery from gear, does glyph of Lightning Bolt start to look more attractive as a 3rd prime glyph over some of the other ""normal"" ENH glyphs like windfury weapon, feral spirits and such? I know that LB is starting to become a more major part of my DPS as I get better gear, so with firelands upcoming, I wonder if LB glyph will start to bring more DPS.

#42 Walktheline

Walktheline

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

As we get more and more mastery from gear, does glyph of Lightning Bolt start to look more attractive as a 3rd prime glyph over some of the other ""normal"" ENH glyphs like windfury weapon, feral spirits and such? I know that LB is starting to become a more major part of my DPS as I get better gear, so with firelands upcoming, I wonder if LB glyph will start to bring more DPS.

No, LB wont be interesting for us. the DMG increased gained from LB is too little for us enhancement shamans. When you take a look at our current glyphs:

- WF Glyph: Increasing proc chance from 20 -> 22% (which is an inscrease of 10% in fact)
- LL Glyph: Increases DMG of LL by 20% (LL does about 15-17% of overall dmg -> roughly 3-4,5% dmh increase)
- SS Glyph: Increases Crit Chance of SS Debuff by another 10% (tons of dmg come from nature school, so SS Glyph is also a nice choice)

Alternative Glyphs are:

- SW Glyph: They gain 30% of our AP, but since wolves dmg is really low nowadays, this Glyph is in terms of DPS only our 4th choice
- FT Glyph: Increases Spellcrit Chance by 2% - which is not very much, but decent.

So, when you now look at the LB glyph, that provides 4% more LB dmg and you assume, that your dealing 10% of your dmg with LB, then 4% dmg increase of 10% is nothing to next. LB glyph gives in fact a dmg increase of 0,4% (or correct me, if my math is wrong there).

So I think, Glyphs will still be WF, LL and SS.

So Far
Walktheline

#43 jaredmanning

jaredmanning

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

So I started a Tauren Shaman recently. When I hit level 10 I accidentally chose enhancement as my primary tree. I was looking to do some sweet tanking with my shamy, but im afraid I chose the wrong tree, and I started putting points in it. Did I make a good choice? anything I can do?

#44 Bren

Bren

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

So I started a Tauren Shaman recently. When I hit level 10 I accidentally chose enhancement as my primary tree. I was looking to do some sweet tanking with my shamy, but im afraid I chose the wrong tree, and I started putting points in it. Did I make a good choice? anything I can do?

Shaman don't have a tanking tree. You can reset your talent choices by talking to any class trainer.

#45 Rhaegal

Rhaegal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Not a question about shaman, but I figure shaman are the most likely crowd to know the answer:

Has there been confirmation that drops in Firelands on live, and if so, where? It's not on the Firelands Dungeon Journal loot list, but I can't tell if that's because it was removed, if it drops from trash (unlikely, as there's a heroic version), or if it's a shared drop across multiple bosses.

[edit] It's also not showing up on the armory, but that might just be the armory lagging behind the most recent live data.
Stand back! I'm going to try SCIENCE!

#46 VileVoodoo

VileVoodoo

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

Not a question about shaman, but I figure shaman are the most likely crowd to know the answer:

Has there been confirmation that drops in Firelands on live, and if so, where? It's not on the Firelands Dungeon Journal loot list, but I can't tell if that's because it was removed, if it drops from trash (unlikely, as there's a heroic version), or if it's a shared drop across multiple bosses.

[edit] It's also not showing up on the armory, but that might just be the armory lagging behind the most recent live data.

It has been a confirmed drop from Shannox

#47 juleziii

juleziii

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

hey guys,

I searched for a good thread explaining our (new) priority list. Didnt find a good one-.-. Can anyone explain it to me?

In my experience it looks like:

1. Fire totem up
2. LL
3. SS
4. FS with UE buff up
5. UE
6. ES
7. FS

Am i right? because SS was recently buffed about 80% and does a good amount of dmg. I couldnt test MW5 LB with Raidbuffs so far...but it looks like SS does a bit more dmg then my LB?

so I would set LB under SS?
(sry my english isnt that great :D)

#48 VileVoodoo

VileVoodoo

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

hey guys,

I searched for a good thread explaining our (new) priority list. Didnt find a good one-.-. Can anyone explain it to me?

In my experience it looks like:

1. Fire totem up
2. LL
3. SS
4. FS with UE buff up
5. UE
6. ES
7. FS

Am i right? because SS was recently buffed about 80% and does a good amount of dmg. I couldnt test MW5 LB with Raidbuffs so far...but it looks like SS does a bit more dmg then my LB?

so I would set LB under SS?
(sry my english isnt that great :D)

Which priority list are you going for enhancement as currently we have a caster MH priority list made by Simcraft, and a regular priority list using 2 Agi one handers.

If you need the Agi one handers the new priority is as follows:

1. Searing totem
2. SS
3. LL
4. MWx5 LB
5. UE
6. FS with UE buff
7. ES
8. LB w/MW>1

hope this helps you.

#49 juleziii

juleziii

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

ok the "caster priority" is made if u got the caster MH from Shannox?
could u explain the reason for a caster priority? (if its not the slow weapon speed MH ;) )

ok but why should be SS over LL? I mean LL does more dmg then SS...4.2 buff or not?

#50 VileVoodoo

VileVoodoo

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

ok the "caster priority" is made if u got the caster MH from Shannox?
could u explain the reason for a caster priority? (if its not the slow weapon speed MH ;) )

ok but why should be SS over LL? I mean LL does more dmg then SS...4.2 buff or not?

Stormstrike is above LL for the following reasons:

1. +nature crit buff it provides
2. MH and OH both have chances of proc'ing static shock

In addition to the buff it received in damage, logs/sims were still showing it to be a dps increase placing it in front of LL in any situation even before the patch.

#51 juleziii

juleziii

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

ok i understand the +nature dmg point. but if the stormstrike debuff is up...i dont think SS does more dmg because of the static shock chance to procc. I mean to set SS > LL as an fight opener is fine. And as far as is know static shock cant crit or?

#52 VileVoodoo

VileVoodoo

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

ok i understand the +nature dmg point. but if the stormstrike debuff is up...i dont think SS does more dmg because of the static shock chance to procc. I mean to set SS > LL as an fight opener is fine. And as far as is know static shock cant crit or?

Static Shock - Spell - World of Warcraft

Static shock are just lightning shield charges procing from attacks which can crit and benefit from the stormstrike debuff. This is the series of events which happen when you stormstrike the target:

debuff on target granting +35%(glyphed) chance to crit with nature spells, 326% MH weapon damage which can crit (45%chance to proc a lightning shield charge via static shock), 326% OH weapon damage which can crit (45%chance to proc another lighning shield charge via static shock). If a static shock does occur and either one of those crit (high probability) your elemental devastation buff is also refreshed. All these things from one attack on a shorter cooldown than lava lash outweigh the pure damage of a single full searing flamed stacked lava lash attack.

#53 juleziii

juleziii

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

ok ill try it. another question...as we now use SS more often which provides more static shock proccs.. should we think about gettin impr. shields 3/3 instead of 2/3? but this would mean taking a point out of elemental precision or even call of flame. So theres no point in doing that or? because elemental precision does effect nearly all spells we are using.

#54 VileVoodoo

VileVoodoo

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

ok ill try it. another question...as we now use SS more often which provides more static shock proccs.. should we think about gettin impr. shields 3/3 instead of 2/3? but this would mean taking a point out of elemental precision or even call of flame. So theres no point in doing that or? because elemental precision does effect nearly all spells we are using.

The "Improved Shields" talent is horrible for enhancement shamans as the dps increase is only slight, however, with no other dps increasing talents in our tree at that point its the best 2 points we can place to increase our dps. That is the only reason it is currently in our PvE build at this time.

#55 furbydentarg

furbydentarg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Should I get used to using a LvB rotation? I've played typical ENH with WF mh for a very long time. After looking at all of the threads now I see there is an axe that has been purposely left with high dps AND spell dmg? I thought blizzard's intentions were to take these weapons and make them useless to us (like they did in 4.1). Is the axe itemization intended? IF it is intended it may have a large impact on what gear I decide to take leading up to that weapon.

#56 VileVoodoo

VileVoodoo

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Should I get used to using a LvB rotation? I've played typical ENH with WF mh for a very long time. After looking at all of the threads now I see there is an axe that has been purposely left with high dps AND spell dmg? I thought blizzard's intentions were to take these weapons and make them useless to us (like they did in 4.1). Is the axe itemization intended? IF it is intended it may have a large impact on what gear I decide to take leading up to that weapon.

This is speculative at the moment, I would say continue as usual and practice on a target dummy, hopefully with enough time spent you can determine if the new rotation is effectively a dps gain for you.

As for the Axe's purpose, we can all throw conspiracy theories about why blizzard put the weapon in but truthfully i am just thankful they gave us more options for weapons than the T11 counterparts.

#57 Buhrag

Buhrag

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Does anyone have the new Stat weights for Restoration with the healing critical changes?

#58 Rhaegal

Rhaegal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

Does anyone have the new Stat weights for Restoration with the healing critical changes?

This question implies that there were agreed-upon stat weights prior to 4.2, which is not the case. Stat weighting will vary depending on your group size, spell selection, and healing team (e.g., Mastery can be slightly devalued if you roll with Disc Priests), among other factors. Int is still king, you still want to prefer gear that has inherent Spirit, and beyond that none of the stats are universally bad. It's not a comfortable, fulfilling answer, but it really does depend on your group and your role, and your best bet is to read up on the strengths of each (check the resto thread here, as well as some resto shaman blogs--personally I'm a fan of Vixsin's, but there are many), figure out which matches your situation, and then experiment with gear and reforging until you find an approach you're most comfortable with.
Stand back! I'm going to try SCIENCE!

#59 Cochice

Cochice

dorf

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

A couple notes about the Enh info in the last page:

SS has a higher chance to proc Static Shock, but cannot proc it twice, in case there was any confusion. It's simming slightly higher than LL for some, but do not take that as gospel by any means. They are still very close, and I would sim your results to find your priority. The reasons stated for why SS is over LL have very little to do with it. SS got a huge direct damage buff. That's why it's over LL.

Eye of Purification is not a Shannox drop, it can drop off any boss in the instance except for rag.

I wouldn't worry about getting LvB into your rotation immediately, I would start by getting used to MW4/3, and then playing around with LvB. Regardless of weapon choice, our rotation will contain hardcasting. So get used to it. Currently, with melee weapons and t11 still the following priority is simming the highest for me:

ST_0
SS
LL
MW5_LB
FS_UEF
UE
MW4_LB
ES
SW
ST
MW3_LB
MW2_LB

It's likely that you could use LvB in your rotation, but not with MW3/2 as well. It's going to be a wash on the numbers, so either one can be played with.

#60 Bovii

Bovii

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

This is a question of curiosity: Does Ancestral Resolve work for an Enhancement Shaman? Meaning, when you're in melee casting Shocks, weapon strikes, and Maelstrom Weapon procced spell, does this constitute as "casting", thus allowing you to benefit from the talent?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users