Photo

World of Logs Analysis (Help me not suck thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
198 replies to this topic

#1 malthrin

malthrin

stalemate associate

• Moderators
  • 9,107 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

We're going to try an experiment; forum rule #7 ("Do not beg for hand-holding.") is not in effect for this thread. If you're not happy with your performance and want some advice, post here. Some guidelines:

• This thread is no exception to the rest of the Forum Rules. Whining, rudeness, ingratitude, and poor grammar will be dealt with harshly.
  • Your post must contain a link to a public World of Logs parse. Don't post damage meter screenshots.
  • The parse must be from a 10 or 25 man raid. 5-mans and target dummies are not welcome.
  • You must be max level (85). We're not about to look over a log from a level 70 Sunwell run.
  • Your profile MUST work. If you tend to change specs/log out in PVP gear please create a character profile through Wowhead or a similar site. If you have two similar specs, indicate which one you were using in the parse.
  • You must give a few sentences regarding what you think your problem is. Are you moving a lot due to fight mechanics? Do you perform some vital secondary role that may impact your rotation? (kiting, interrupting, etc). What is your healing assignment? We can't help you if you don't help us.

Lampkin in EJBSG 28 | Anders in EJBSG 24 | Cavil in EJBSG 20
Boomer in EJBSG 19 | Roslin in EJBSG 17 | Roslin in EJBSG 13 | Roslin in EJBSG 8
MTG Online draft viewer

#2 Ederbooze

Ederbooze

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'll give this a shot... I'v ebeen reading EJ for awhile and learning the In's and Out's of being a Holy Paladin... I still feel my HPS is low for my gear level and I've been trying to figure out, for weeks now, what I am missing...

I do believe that a big portion may be from me being a main tank healer only and only healing the raid when the tank is taking little damage or when someone is in range and I easily heal them... I will say I have topped the charts from time to time and done alright but on a constant basis I seem to be lacking something... I can usually keep the main tank alive with any issues at all and 90% of the time I can keep him up and keep my mana up to about 70% at all times or close to that using the Doll/Judgement on cooldown.

Ok so here is a link to one of the Worldoflog Parsers:

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Here is a link to my profile: (I tend to stay healing gear 100% of the time)

Ederbewbz @ Zul'jin - Game - World of Warcraft

Now I will state I lean towards the new 4 piece bonus over BiS items(since patch 4.1), as a preference, but I hate the fact it gives mastery in slot bonuses... I also have several other outside of the Doll and Alchemy trinket including Jar of Remedies and Mandala Stirring Pattern from TB... Also I have thought of picking up Fall of Mortality, if it ever drops from Cho'gall again, as a backup trinket since the upgrade in 4.1

I have no problems with mana alot of the time and I can use HR as needed and still keep my mana full to push out heals if needed as well...

So as I stated above I do think my main problem is being a main tank healer all the time, but I still feel my HPS is lacking somewhere wither it be bad choices in gear or gemming/enchants or if it is something I am doing wrong... In fact I already know I do not use Guardian of Ancient Kings as much as I should and I have been working on that piece. I also have started using Hand of Sacrifice a little more often at spike damage phases on fights, like Heroic Halfus or after Anshal's ultimate.

Any help is apperciated! Thank you!

#3 Edendes

Edendes

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

Sorry to the above poster -- I am too new to raiding to offer up much advice for you.

My problems:
I just started raiding not that long ago and from the WoL logs, I just do not have the throughput of everyone else in the guild.

Here is Tuesday nights raid [25 man, all normal modes]:
25 man log

I am Edendes, Holy Pally. My Armory
I received the Glaciated Helm last night, but didn't have the gems/enchants ready so I don't have it on in the snapshot.

I am having really big problems with my healing throughput. My assignments are not dying but I am consistently at least 3k below the other healers.

Examples:
Omnotron: Me: 6200, Disc Priest 7200, HPally 8670, Druid 9600, Druid 10400 [I was on the guild main tank] -- the wipe on Omnotron is when we tried to do it with someone afk at front of zone... apparently that causes a reset.
Maloriak: HPally 7000, Me 7337, Druid 7700, Disc Priest 8050, Druid 9145 [I was on add tank]
Atramedes: HPally 5066, Me 5640, Disc Priest 7415, Druid 9845, Druid 10000 [I was on the melee group consistening of 3 people]
Halfus: Me 8460, HPally 10363, Holy Priest [disc priest had to leave] 12297, Druid 12560, Druid 12940 [I was on OT]
Twins: Me 6400, Holy Priest 9800, HPally 10020, Druid 12580, Druid 12740 [I was on the melee group of 3]

Magmaw was the sloppiest kill ever -- Parasites were running rampant and I sneezed in the middle of the fight and pressed forward, falling into the freaking lava. I'm sure I won't ever hear the end of that one, so please ignore the numbers from that one.

Note: We were using ~5 healers and were short anywhere from 1-3 dps the whole evening.

No one in the heal team has said anything, but I am really disappointed in myself -- I just think I should be doing more, adding more value. It seems ridiculous that I am 3-6k lower than anyone else. Their gear might be slightly better but there isn't that big of a difference [~4 iLevel]. I am always casting either Shock / Holy Light / Divine Light. I guess part of my frustration is that I am always casting yet my #'s are still very low.

So if anyone can offer advice -- please have at it, I always want to improve and it seems that there is a lot of room for it now. We have been short on healers [running with 5] and I need to not be carried.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

#4 trugat

trugat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi!

I am playing a retri pala named "Trugat" Trugat @ Rajaxx - Spiel - World of Warcraft.

I started raiding seriously when I joined my current guild. Since then, my gear improved quite a lot and with patch 4.0.6 I felt like the pala got a nice dps boost. But since 2-3 weeks, I notice that I do significant less damage. I upgraded gear (mostly to T10) so maybe I did a mistake there?

In a 10man raid, I did Cho'gall with about 12k, and I've got a log with 13,5k dps batteling Atrimedis: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

My rota is as recommended:

INQ (at 3HP & if run out) - CS - HoW (if available)- Filler: Exo/Seal of Truth/...

I also try to use all CDs as often as possible (installed OmniCC to track them).

It seems I'vent got enough mastery to make damage thorugh "hand of light". Any ideas? Should I exchange the alchi trinket? I also needed to reforge quite a lot to reach the hit & expterise cap. This feels somehow strange ;-)

And finally - since Patch 4.1 I it seems sometimes a spell does not trigger? E.g. at 3HP & templars verdict, the TP does not trigger if I press the key. I installed "Snowfallkeypress" a long time ago, maybe it interfers with the new patch?

I am glad for any idea to improve my char and playstyle :-)
Thank you very much!

#5 saboya

saboya

Faceroller

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

@trugat

General Issues:
  • Your gemming choices are wrong. You should gem pure +Str gems on all slots and skip bonuses unless the bonus will provide you with the same or a higher amount of Str had you used Pure +Str gems. Hit can come from reforging your gear, and by using gems to meet your Hit cap you are wasting slots that could be filled with +Str gems.That is assuming you have enough stat on gear to fullfil your caps, which i think you do.
  • Your enchants are sub-optimal. There are better gloves enchants (+35 Str, +50 Str) and a better wrist enchant (+50 Str). Maelstroms are cheap after 4.1, so you should have no problems getting those done now.
  • Your Inquisition uptime is low. Inquisition uptime is very important to our DPS, you must keep it up at all times. This is certainly hindering your mastery damage. Keeping this up will get a lot easier once you have access to 4p T11.
  • Your CD usage is wrong. You should always use Zealotry and Avenging Wrath togheter, and try to line it up with GoAK whenever you can. Also, unless there's some specific situation you want to save your CDs for, you never want to delay your CD usage. You could have used your GoAK twice and your other CDs at least once more.
  • Exchange your trinket. License to Slay is the BiS trinket for most encounters, you should use it if you can afford it.

Issues specific to the fight:
  • CD usage: It's easy to predict your CD usage in this fight: Use at pull and then they should come off CD about the time Atramedes land from each air phase. This should help predict when you should have your HP ready to refresh Inq just before you blow your CDs.
  • Squeezing that DPS: During the air phase, Atramedes is within your range of attack of your 3 ranged abilities: Judgement, Exorcism and HoW. You should use Judgement and HoW on cooldown and use Exrocism wisely, as your mana allows. There's enough time to cast an Exorcism after each Sonar Bomb.

#6 Noraj

Noraj

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

@Trugat:

One of the issues I see that hasn't been pointed out is the time between Crusader Strike (Kreuzfahrerstoß) in the log you posted. Here's a link to show all of your Crusader Strikes during that Atramedes kill: World of Logs .

Click the "Timeline" tab and take a look at how irregular they are while he's not in the air. Atramedes, and many other bosses, have extremely large hitboxes, making it easy to position yourself safely while still being in range to attack. Being careful how you move from their AOE attacks, and focusing on attacking while moving will help improve your DPS in situations like this. Remember...if you don't have three Holy Power, and you're not refreshing Inquisition, Crusader Strike is your #1 button to press if it's available.
"The question is not how far we are going to take it... the question is, do you possess the constitution to go as far as needed?" - Il Duce

#7 trugat

trugat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

Hi saboya!

Thank you very much for your time to answer my post! I have some more questions regarding your ideas:

• Your Inquisition uptime is low. Inquisition uptime is very important to our DPS, you must keep it up at all times. This is certainly hindering your mastery damage. Keeping this up will get a lot easier once you have access to 4p T11.

I already assumed thats the issue. My question is, during zealotry INQ could run out, should I refresh it? During zealotry my rota looks like:

CS - TV - (Filler) - CS - TV - (Filler) ... so I need to exchange a TV against INQ. Right?

• Exchange your trinket. License to Slay is the BiS trinket for most encounters, you should use it if you can afford it.

As far as I know, Str is my best stat, so, why is License to Slay BiS for me? Should I change it against the alchemists stone?

Since I am not native English, what is GoAK?

Cheers!

#8 Charybdis

Charybdis

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hi saboya!

Thank you very much for your time to answer my post! I have some more questions regarding your ideas:

I already assumed thats the issue. My question is, during zealotry INQ could run out, should I refresh it? During zealotry my rota looks like:

CS - TV - (Filler) - CS - TV - (Filler) ... so I need to exchange a TV against INQ. Right?

As far as I know, Str is my best stat, so, why is License to Slay BiS for me? Should I change it against the alchemists stone?

Since I am not native English, what is GoAK?

Cheers!

It is best to refresh Inquisition with 3 HP before even touching Zealotry. Having to refresh it in the middle of the cooldown hurts its value.

has a stacking strength buff that ends up being about 350 to 360 strength when one factors the buff uptime. The real reason to use License to Slay over the alchemy stone is the extra ratings on it. License to Slay has 321 Hit Rating, while the alchemy stone only has 194 Mastery Rating. In short, yes you should equip License to Slay instead of the alchemy stone.

GoAK is Guardian of Ancient Kings.

#9 svjetlo

svjetlo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

Well im kinda nervous,

Im currently in a 25man guild that is working on Heroic Nefarian.
But over the past few weeks I have been feeling as if my HPS is not reflecting my gear.
I figure this discrepancy is a result of gear, play style, or raid comp and wanted to see what other high-end, and educated Holy Paladins had to say.
It may also be that I'm performing fine, its just that druids inflate meters (Though I don't think that.)
I am actually quite disappointed in my performance these last few weeks, and was looking for some pointers on how to improve.

Armory:
Svjetlo - Korgath
The only time I use the other spec is for dispell fights.
ATM my glyphs are a bit wonky,
Ive been glyphing Divine Protection, Divine Plea, and Beacon for Hardmode Nef.
(Beacon seeing as it helps a bit to switch it to cinders when on pillars.)
But all the other pulls Beacon has been switched with Light of Dawn.

Logs:
25man
10Man
In these attempts, I don't feel as if I'm doing anything wrong,
I may be using ToR to much on some fights (H Omni) when raid damage has regular intervals.
Also I do not use Holy Radiance regularly, for I am always nervous of going oom and letting the tanks die (I am the primary the tank healer.)

As I said before, I am quite disappointed in myself,
I'm always pushing a rank on most fights, but can never seem to get those last few HPS needed to rank.
I could really use some reassurance or tips on how to improve. =]

ALSO: Id like to clarify as to whether it is better for me to pick up the normal tier pieces over my current heroic offset pieces.

#10 Budwéiser

Budwéiser

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Budwéiser @ Blackrock - Game - World of Warcraft

What is the Problem?

I'm being outdone by 4 other melee (DK, Warrior), three of which use inferior weaponry. My boss time, according to World of Logs, is superior (if active time means what I think it does).

Data

Curious how BiS players did in this same scenario I came across this:

Landsoul(fury) v. Flash(ret)

Equal ilvl. Same fight. Flash higher active time. 6200DPS difference?

My question

Am I a worse player/poorly itemized? Is my class holding me back?

#11 Pdawg

Pdawg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

Am I a worse player/poorly itemized? Is my class holding me back?

There are some minor improvements that you can make to your gear, such as getting 4 piece and dropping the expertise chest, but the impact won't make for a several thousand DPS difference.

When comparing logs between different raid groups, a huge factor to take into consideration is fight length. vodka's fight was over 3 minutes shorter than your fight, meaning that vodka's players enjoy a higher percentage of the fight with strength pots and bloodlust up than you do.

I didn't look at Landsoul's numbers (I don't see much point comparing a warrior in 1 raid with a paladin in another), but I looked at the ret in vodka's log, Flash. Even though his log is over 3 minutes shorter than yours, he still did more damage than you did with Censure. This suggests to me that you didn't make any attempt at maintaining Censure stacks on both dragons simultaneously. The biggest thing you can do to "not suck" on this particular fight is keep Censure stacked on the dragon that's in the air using Judgement or AoW-procced Exorcism. Convincing your raid members to keep debuffs on the boss that's in the air would help as well (especially CoE/E&M/Ebon Plaguebringer).

#12 saboya

saboya

Faceroller

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Bear in mind that our DPS also relies on RNG quite a bit. Most of the time people get their priorities wrong, but sometimes it's just plain RNG. I've seen logs with as many as double the Divine Purpose and Art of War procs, with the same fight length. Don't forget about that when analyzing your logs and comparing it to others.

#13 Ezy

Ezy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

Well im kinda nervous,

Im currently in a 25man guild that is working on Heroic Nefarian.
But over the past few weeks I have been feeling as if my HPS is not reflecting my gear.
I figure this discrepancy is a result of gear, play style, or raid comp and wanted to see what other high-end, and educated Holy Paladins had to say.
It may also be that I'm performing fine, its just that druids inflate meters (Though I don't think that.)
I am actually quite disappointed in my performance these last few weeks, and was looking for some pointers on how to improve.

Armory:
Svjetlo - Korgath
The only time I use the other spec is for dispell fights.
ATM my glyphs are a bit wonky,
Ive been glyphing Divine Protection, Divine Plea, and Beacon for Hardmode Nef.
(Beacon seeing as it helps a bit to switch it to cinders when on pillars.)
But all the other pulls Beacon has been switched with Light of Dawn.

Logs:
25man
10Man
In these attempts, I don't feel as if I'm doing anything wrong,
I may be using ToR to much on some fights (H Omni) when raid damage has regular intervals.
Also I do not use Holy Radiance regularly, for I am always nervous of going oom and letting the tanks die (I am the primary the tank healer.)

As I said before, I am quite disappointed in myself,
I'm always pushing a rank on most fights, but can never seem to get those last few HPS needed to rank.
I could really use some reassurance or tips on how to improve. =]

ALSO: Id like to clarify as to whether it is better for me to pick up the normal tier pieces over my current heroic offset pieces.

If you're still looking for help, I've noticed a few things after going through your logs a bit (mostly Nef)

1. Your judgement uptime is extremely low, on your kill on 5-12-11 you have 78.6% judgement uptime with only 15 casts. You should judge on cooldown as it is our best source of mana gains with seal of insight.

2. Your Holy Radiance usage, you should be able to use it for every electrocute unless your guilds DPS is incredibly high. Don't be afraid to, if you use your judgement correctly you should more than make up the mana used.

3. You only have one use on Avenging Wrath and one on Divine Favor for the entire encounter, they're both very strong cooldowns to use more periodically than that.

4. Your use of Guardian of Ancient Kings, Theres a couple of different options you could use this for on Nef. Depending on whether you're on a two or three healer platform in phase 2, you can use it for the initial pickup, especially if your platform gets multiple cinders and possibly use it for an electrocute later on in the fight for a pickup, again DPS dependent for time. Or just use it for an electrocute pickup and get significantly more healing than 66,689.

#14 Retribution

Retribution

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Lately I have noticed that my DPS is not where I think it should be, especially now that I'm grabbing some 372's. I have spent several hours at the training dummies, attempting to find a problem in my rotation (So far, the only ones were letting my Inq run out for a few seconds, and now handling my CD's properly), but I have had little success.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis - This is the last World of Logs my raid had with any kills.

Retribution @ Undermine - Game - World of Warcraft - My armoury. I believe I have gemmed/enchanted correctly.

When starting a fight, I begin with J > CS > Inq > HW > CS, and then hit whatever isn't on cooldown (Usually J first, Inq (If i didn't proc HoL already) then Consecrate, followed again by CS). This isn't counting any procs I may get.

My DPS is far too low for the gear I have, and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any input is appreciated. :)

Edit: Been beating up the dummies for a few hours, trying out a new rotation/CD usage. Am doing much better than I used to. 17.2k on the dummies > the 12k I used to pull. c: Got Inq to a new keybind so it's not distracting to hit, and put GoAK on a new keybind as well. I'll post another WoL next raid I think, and see if there's still areas where I can improve.

Second Edit: New WoL. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Is there anything I still need to improve on, or is it just timing that needs some fixing?

#15 Calefax

Calefax

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

@Retribution:

I only looked at your omnitron kill since you died early on atramedes/chim and magmaw/halfus dps gets really skewed because of bonus damage during specific parts of the fights. Aside from the fact that you're a 10m raid and consequently missing a few raid buffs (e.g. 4% physical), this is what I noticed:

1) Your inquisition uptime is VERY low. 31.1% uptime is not good. You have a ton of mastery on your gear so this really holds back your dps. You want this uptime to be as close to 100% as possible. Getting your 4pc will help with this, but it's obvious that you are letting it fall off without realizing it on occasion. I'd recommend you use an addon like clcret or power auras to help you keep track of it.

2) Your cd usage is poor A 5:25 fight is long enough to use AW/zealotry 3 times each. In addition to only using them once each, you also failed to use your guardian of ancient kings entirely, and didn't pop a golemblood potion either. So much of ret dps is reliant on proper cd usage.

3) Your holy power generation is low. 42 crusader strikes in a 5:25 fight. Definitely seems like you're not using it as much as you should. The only time you should hit something other than CS when it's off cd is if you already have 3 hp.

#16 Ezy

Ezy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

Sorry to the above poster -- I am too new to raiding to offer up much advice for you.

My problems:
I just started raiding not that long ago and from the WoL logs, I just do not have the throughput of everyone else in the guild.

Here is Tuesday nights raid [25 man, all normal modes]:
25 man log

I am Edendes, Holy Pally. My Armory
I received the Glaciated Helm last night, but didn't have the gems/enchants ready so I don't have it on in the snapshot.

I am having really big problems with my healing throughput. My assignments are not dying but I am consistently at least 3k below the other healers.

Examples:
Omnotron: Me: 6200, Disc Priest 7200, HPally 8670, Druid 9600, Druid 10400 [I was on the guild main tank] -- the wipe on Omnotron is when we tried to do it with someone afk at front of zone... apparently that causes a reset.
Maloriak: HPally 7000, Me 7337, Druid 7700, Disc Priest 8050, Druid 9145 [I was on add tank]
Atramedes: HPally 5066, Me 5640, Disc Priest 7415, Druid 9845, Druid 10000 [I was on the melee group consistening of 3 people]
Halfus: Me 8460, HPally 10363, Holy Priest [disc priest had to leave] 12297, Druid 12560, Druid 12940 [I was on OT]
Twins: Me 6400, Holy Priest 9800, HPally 10020, Druid 12580, Druid 12740 [I was on the melee group of 3]

Magmaw was the sloppiest kill ever -- Parasites were running rampant and I sneezed in the middle of the fight and pressed forward, falling into the freaking lava. I'm sure I won't ever hear the end of that one, so please ignore the numbers from that one.

Note: We were using ~5 healers and were short anywhere from 1-3 dps the whole evening.

No one in the heal team has said anything, but I am really disappointed in myself -- I just think I should be doing more, adding more value. It seems ridiculous that I am 3-6k lower than anyone else. Their gear might be slightly better but there isn't that big of a difference [~4 iLevel]. I am always casting either Shock / Holy Light / Divine Light. I guess part of my frustration is that I am always casting yet my #'s are still very low.

So if anyone can offer advice -- please have at it, I always want to improve and it seems that there is a lot of room for it now. We have been short on healers [running with 5] and I need to not be carried.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I hadn't seen this before but if you'd still like advice I can try to help a bit. (Basing entirely off of Omnotron Parse

1.) Judgement uptime, your uptime was only 77.8% with 13 casts of judgement. You should be using judgement on cooldown as it is our best source of mana, this will allow you to cast larger heals and up your HPS by quite a bit. You only had 16 Divine Light casts on that kill =(.

2.) You have zero uses of Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor, these are very strong cooldowns to use, especially paired with Guardian of Ancient Kings in certain situations.

3.) Using your Guardian of Ancient Kings, the "ideal" scenario to maximize your use of it would be to pair it with other cooldowns such as Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor, using this in a heavy raid AoE situation such as when your raid stacks together for a feud on Chimaeron, spam Divine Lights as it is your largest heal, the Guardian causes a 10% "Splash effect" to surrounding played with no target cap. This will greatly increase your HPS.

4.) On a non-HPS standpoint, you should make use of Divine Protection more, use it on situations like Incineration Security Measures on Omnotron, especially when you get into hardmode. Puts you in good practice.

--On a side note: Paladins are not a pure HPS class, if you're losing to a druid or a disc priest on meters I wouldn't worry about it. Different heal assignments allow for different players to heal more than others. Paladins are a large raid utility over pure HPS.

#17 Velox

Velox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

Had a few people tell me I was taking a ton of damage compared to other paladin tanks, but my guild healers are saying otherwise. Figured I'd ask for help here to see what ya'll thought about it.

Here's my WoL parse from tonight's 10m Nefarian normal wipefest: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

And here's my armory link: Galook @ Nazgrel - Game - World of Warcraft

I'm trying to figure out why I'm taking so much damage, I've looked over other pally tanks on 10m normal Nefarian and they're only taking around 4 million damage, while I'm around 34 million damage.

Elixirs I'm using for the fight are: elixir of the master and prismatic elixir. I'm pre-potting a earthen potion to lessen some of the damage on the jump in and positioning, which I think helps quite a bit over times I didn't use it.

My defense stats are 11% dodge, 13% parry, 61% block unbuffed with ~90.76% avoidance. When my weapon enchant procs, etc and some other things I'm around 97% avoidance.

And I know I need a better weapon, but Mace of Acrid Death will not drop for me ever =/.

Here's an example of what I usually do cooldown wise:

First shadow breath from Onyxia I'll make sure I have my 3 HoPo and pop a WoG while I'm fully healed to get a nice 20kish shield. Then the next shadow breath I'll pop my Mirror of Broken Images. The 3rd I'll use Divine Guardian glyphed and a WoG heal/shield.

For the first crackle I'll pop my guardian of ancient kings, for the second I'll have my mirror and divine protection up usually so I'll pop both of those. Then maybe a ardent defender if something goes messy.

For the lava to platform transition I pop my divine shield to keep from taking that damage while I get out of the lava onto the pillar.

#18 Svetozar

Svetozar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

I'm trying to figure out why I'm taking so much damage, I've looked over other pally tanks on 10m normal Nefarian and they're only taking around 4 million damage, while I'm around 34 million damage.

You are around 34M damage taken for the 15 tries in total. If you take say 15th try
you took around 3.4M which is around the benchmark of 4M you mentioned.

#19 Velox

Velox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

What was I doing in the 15th try to take so much damage though or was it just it lasted a lot longer and thus took more damage?

#20 Minibell

Minibell

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

You took 34m damage for all 15 attempts, your damage for any attempt wasn't out of line. There are a myriad of problems, but your damage taken is not one of them. I see mechanic problems (people dying to Onyxia crackle and dying to blast novas), cooldown problems or healing problems when going over the logs and not a lot of excessive hits on you.

On point, your gear is more then capable for downing Nef 10m. Since it looks like you're kiting the mobs, I would take 2/2 pursuit of justice and 1 or 2/2 hallowed ground. Running in droping consecration right before the fireball gets there is an easy way to get initial agro on the skeletons. Without seeing a video of the fights, it's hard to tell what else is going wrong, but your damage certainly isn't the source of the failures.

As a side note you might have the druid look at the synapse springs rather than the armor flaps. The extra crit and dodge could (and would be on my druid) than the 1500 armor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users