Photo

World of Logs Analysis (Help me not suck thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
198 replies to this topic

#41 Deinonychus

Deinonychus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

We're currently working our way through normal mode firelands and are stuck on Alysrazor. One of the issues is that the birds which are tanked in phase one are only barely dying on time. To help with this I would like to see if there are any ways for me to maximize my dps on this fight as a Prot Paladin (named Razeal in the WoL report).

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#42 saboya

saboya

Faceroller

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

I don't know if you gear is different for that encounter, but you could try switching some avoidance over to hit/expertise. You only need 5% hit to cap on the Hatchlings, and 26 expertise. Also, you could try some DPS trnkets, Essence of the Eternal Flame is an awesome trinket for that fight since it has a lot of mastery. Also, I don't know why are you wasting Valor Poitns on Rings, Relic and Wrist. If you had 2-piece T11 + 2-piece T10 things would be A LOT easier.

Switch Glyph of Dazing Shield for Focused Shield, Dazing Shield is a terrible Glyph for pretty much anything. Glyph of Crusader Strike is better than Glyph of Judgement too.

Try a different build. I use this one for Alysrazor: 2/31/8.

Wait a bit before using Avenging Wrath. You're using it too early (as soon as the Hatchling pops up), when you don't have Vengeance stacked. Wait for Vengeance to stack and use AW when you have 3HP and a Sacred Duty proc.

I just did a quick glance at your log, so if there are more mistakes in your rotation I overlooked them, but the tips I gave you should be enough for a healthy DPS boost.

*edit* Also, this is not particular to Alysrazor: You have an enormous amount of parry, and you are even reforging for it. Reforge to mastery and after that keep dodge and parry as close as possible to each other.

#43 Meloree

Meloree

Bored

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

I picked a random one of your fights that lasted through a P1, and zoomed in on the hatchling section:

One of mine (normal mode, 25man):

Clearly there's a gear (or buff/debuff) disparity, based on the average hit sizes, and mine died almost 20 seconds faster, but I did 170k dps to the hatchling, and you did 120k. When I look at the ability breakdowns, in the same amount of time I had significantly more CS casts, and an extra ShoR cast, despite spending less time on the hatchling.

Your melee damage looks high, as a percentage of total damage - that almost always means low ability use. You could pick some more damage out of your spec - Rule of Law is certainly more single-target damage than Hallowed Ground, but that's minor compared to the main point: Push more buttons.

I'm not sure if you're deprioritizing CS, or not using it on the run, but it needs to happen more often. Everything follows from CS.

Edit: I'd continue using AW early, despite what Saboya said. It's a 120s cooldown, you can get two uses in if you use it fast, but not if you wait on it. Until your hatchling is dying in 140s or less, it's use it or lose it.

#44 saboya

saboya

Faceroller

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Edit: I'd continue using AW early, despite what Saboya said. It's a 120s cooldown, you can get two uses in if you use it fast, but not if you wait on it. Until your hatchling is dying in 140s or less, it's use it or lose it.

He is correct. My suggestion was biased towards my Heroic Alysrazor experience instead of normal mode.

#45 Deinonychus

Deinonychus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

Thank you for the very in depth replies and I'll see if I can boost my dps tonight. Much appreciated!

#46 eirohir

eirohir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hey,

I'm not a great healer, but im not very proud either i can ask for help when i need it, and i really need it.

First of all i know that hps isnt the dogs nuts, if there is a kill people are generally happy, and i am too, but i have noticed that since patch, with a crit increase and mastery buff, i have dropped to last position on the healing meters, and honestly i cant figure out why.

I've put all i can into haste and spirit, and i use HL ALOT along with other spells as needed, i want to say ty in advance for checking this thread out, and if there is something i missed, i would like it thrown in my face with great vengence and furious anger

I just cant figure out how i went from 1-2nd, to 7-8th on the healing meter, cuz im stumped and its come the forums for some professional analisis.

So here's my wol file for my last raid, whats missing, and why the hell aren't i doing as much healing done, as the other healers anymore?

I am listed here as "MISSREAPER"

and here is my armory sheet,

Melana @ Tarren Mill - Game - World of Warcraft
This is my new name / armory sheet.

I'm in a guild where healing doesnt matter, the meters matter, and the best on the meters get to raid, even if they fail alot, so im coming here to ask, A)why my healing sucks, B) what can i do to get on the top 2 in the healing meters (Actual Healing Done)

Also, i read alot on EJ, but it seems they nor anyone else have updated pages on holy palas for 4.2, which leads me to belive that nothing has really changed, and i do in fact just really suck at healing.

Thanks for reading

#47 whosjohngalt

whosjohngalt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Hey,

So I started playing prot in 4.1 in order for my guild to put together a ten man. We've done 4.0 normals, and Shannox, but we're getting rocked on Beth, and I wanna make sure I'm not noobing down the house. Normally, I'm downstairs on adds, but I have done up top as well. At the moment, we've been able to get to phase two, but the tanks are dropping before the kill.

I've done what I think is right with my gear: Whosjohngalt @ Khaz Modan - Game - World of Warcraft

Here is a WoL of our most recent attempt: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

We're definitely not on the bleeding edge, but I want to make sure I'm not screwing the pooch, as it were.

Thanks

#48 Exemplar

Exemplar

The One-Eyed Man

• • Guide Author
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

While I cannot comment on tank rotation or gearing, I can say a few things regarding the Beth fight. I think it's more the fight than you specifically that is at issue.

First, it's a real cluster with DPS running back and forth, swapping targets, and large quantities of raid damage from Spinners before she even comes down. Practice vastly improves this.

Second, time is an issue. Your 7 minute fight she had 32 stacks of Frenzy. This is effectively a soft enrage mechanic to be beaten. 32 stacks is close to effectively unhealable.

She has about 20.8 million health. Your raid did 18 million to her and, more importantly she healed to full when she landed (ate 2 spiderlings and a lot of that was overheal, so I know she was at 100%). That makes all your pre-phase change damage on her absolutely worthless.

Recommendations:
  • Send someone upstairs with the tank (recommend Fendrel). Having Beth come down significantly lower at the end would be huge for you (if she doesn't eat Spiderlings and heal). You've got almost 20 seconds between Drones, that's a lot of wasted DPS time and probably means you can afford to move one DPS upstairs.
  • Make sure DPS downstairs can still hit their marks (Spiderlings dead before they reach Drones/boss). If your DPS cannot do this with 1 upstairs, they need to re-examine their rotation or farm gear (not to point fingers, but Dréana appears lower than a fully-geared Arcane ought - a lot of unnecessary Spinner damage, far lower on Beth/Drones).
  • Less wasted damage on Spinners. Your multi-targets (HoR, AS, etc) should be doing a lot of the spinner health. Priority is Spiderlings > Drone > Spinner. Your DPS shouldn't even hit the Spinner unless there are no Spiderlings or Drones alive (rare except during the pull). Grab Spinners and any still alive drag and tank with the Drone. If they're not dead by next Spinners (hopefully earlier) then maybe have one ranged do light AOE (some Multishots in rotation, or similar).
  • It looks like DPS has this Spinner time twiddling thumbs between Drones/Spiderlings. Reduce it by the redirect of 1 DPS upstairs.

Bottom line - whether or not you can personally perform better, the raid can be organized to be a bit more effectively for this specific fight.
Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

#49 whosjohngalt

whosjohngalt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Alright, cool.

Thanks a lot. I know that my group is a little derp, but I really appreciate you taking a look,

#50 Firesauce

Firesauce

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Good Morning,

I am a holy pally seeking an opinion about my over all performance. My primary raid environment is 10 man and while i find myself performing in a manner that is fine for normal mode. I dont feel its good enough for Hard mode progression. I'm intrested to learn what i can improve on. Currently my biggest issue is management of cool downs. I have a hard time finding the right time for Divine Plea midfight due to the healing reduction. To compensate i pair it with avenging wrath. Below are some logs from our raid this week.

Beth'tilac 10M

Majordomo Staghelm 10m

Ragnaros 10m Attempts

Armory

Mildsauce @ Arthas - Game - World of Warcraft

Thank you all for reading, your time and input is greatly appreciated.

#51 Timdeluxe

Timdeluxe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hi all,

Long time lurker, 1st time posting.

I feel as though my healing is decent enough, but the title of this thread says "help me not suck", so I'm hoping posting this might help improve my play! This was our last raid 4 days ago - killed 4 normal modes with a few tries, and wiped a bit on Alysrazor.

WoL link - World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Armory link - Faster @ Aerie Peak - Game - World of Warcraft

Thanks for your time!

#52 Kina1

Kina1

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hello,
I'm looking for help to improve my DPS. I think my DPS are ok (I have some WoL ranks) but I want to play my Ret Paladin the best possible way. I already have good gear but I think with my gear I should do more DPS. I play with the standard priority Inq > CS > HoW > Exo > TV > J > HW > Cons, use clcret and wowreforge.com.

Here is my Armory: Chinakohl @ Kil'jaeden - Game - World of Warcraft

Baleroc 10N from Friday: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Majodormo Staghelm 10N (currently Rank 91) from Friday: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Thank you all for reading

#53 Exemplar

Exemplar

The One-Eyed Man

• • Guide Author
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

I'm looking for help to improve my DPS. I think my DPS are ok (I have some WoL ranks) but I want to play my Ret Paladin the best possible way.

You didn't list any suggestions what your problem might be, so it's hard to provide specific advice.

Baleroc
330 second fight, 71 CS = 4.65 average CD.
CS (1.5 GCD) + filler 1 (1-1.5 GCD) + filler 2 (1-1.5 GCD) = 3.5 to 4.5 seconds, not counting times when there are not 2 fillers available and you could thus hit CS as soon as its own CD ends, which is definitely less than 4.5 seconds.

3 full length 4piece Zealotry (35 seconds * 3 = 105 seconds). Based on HP generation (111) this means 51 normal CS and 20 under Zealotry. 20 CS in 105 seconds = 5.25 average CD. So under Zealotry, when CS is at its strongest, you are using less CS than outside of Zealotry.

First Zealotry 7 CS in 35 seconds (5 seconds average).
Second Zealotry 6 CS in 35 seconds (5.83 seconds average).
Third Zealotry 7 CS in 35 seconds (5 seconds average).

No refresh of DivPurp or AoW, so you used those procs effectively. Possibly too effectively, you may be using Exo under Zealotry when you should be using CS/TV. Probably losing CS to HoW, also. You want to CS as frequently as possible. CS when you already have 3 HP is, naturally, pointless. There are times when you should hit TV instead of Exo/HoW so you can then CS, rather than sit on the next CS because you're using Exo and HoW with 3 HP (even worse, 3 HP and a DivPurp too!) and still need to purge that before you can CS.
Good Inq up-time.
Good CD usage, including Divine Protection which is extremely useful (glyphed) on that fight.

Staghelm
7.5% of TV were parried, 8.6% of CS were parried - that's a lot of wasted damage and HP. Better positioning can avoid this. Our feral pointed out to me that Staghelm has a huge "back" that overlaps his flame scythe. Stand just beyond either claw and you will receive no parries, while still splitting cleave damage. The Rogue in your group should be able to show you precise positioning as his/her abilities requiring behind the target will become usable in his/her UI.

Average CS is 4.73. Some time off target (Seeds) and transitions can explain a portion, but still below where it ought to be.

Divine Shield can completely absorb seed damage - use it when you run from the stack (as it still causes the AOE explosion element it should NOT be used as an excuse to stay stacked). Macro to engage and immediately remove (/cancelaura before /cast and press twice) prevents any DPS loss. It also permits you to run immediately. The first ~10 seconds no seeds will explode (to give people a chance to look at their timers and prepare). During that window you can run out, Divine Shield for no damage, return to stack. Not only does this mean no interruption mid-phase (for easier CD usage), but it means you are present for every single flame scythe (rather than potentially out dropping a seed during one) which makes healers' lives easier.

First Zealotry 8 CS in 35 seconds (4.375 seconds average). About your fight average, which is low.
Second Zealotry 6 CS in 35 seconds (5.83 seconds average).
Third Zealotry 6 CS in 35 seconds (5.83 seconds average).

Still performing less CS under Zealotry than during non-Zealotry fight periods.

Inq up-time good.
Missed an Essence of the Eternal Flame usage (I hate that minute timer), otherwise good CD usage.
2 DivPurp refreshes, so 2 lost TV.

Bottom Line: Good numbers, but definitely need to address CS in Zealotry. May want to work more on CS in general.

#54 Meloree

Meloree

Bored

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Divine Shield just before phase transition prevents the Seeds from being applied, and there's no explosion - so with good timing, you shouldn't need to run out at all.

#55 Kina1

Kina1

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

You didn't list any suggestions what your problem might be, so it's hard to provide specific advice.

Yeah sorry but I didn't really know what my problem is.

Baleroc

No refresh of DivPurp or AoW, so you used those procs effectively. Possibly too effectively, you may be using Exo under Zealotry when you should be using CS/TV. Probably losing CS to HoW, also. You want to CS as frequently as possible. CS when you already have 3 HP is, naturally, pointless. There are times when you should hit TV instead of Exo/HoW so you can then CS, rather than sit on the next CS because you're using Exo and HoW with 3 HP (even worse, 3 HP and a DivPurp too!) and still need to purge that before you can CS.

Okay thanks for the information.

Staghelm
7.5% of TV were parried, 8.6% of CS were parried - that's a lot of wasted damage and HP. Better positioning can avoid this. Our feral pointed out to me that Staghelm has a huge "back" that overlaps his flame scythe. Stand just beyond either claw and you will receive no parries, while still splitting cleave damage. The Rogue in your group should be able to show you precise positioning as his/her abilities requiring behind the target will become usable in his/her UI.

Divine Shield can completely absorb seed damage - use it when you run from the stack (as it still causes the AOE explosion element it should NOT be used as an excuse to stay stacked). Macro to engage and immediately remove (/cancelaura before /cast and press twice) prevents any DPS loss. It also permits you to run immediately. The first ~10 seconds no seeds will explode (to give people a chance to look at their timers and prepare). During that window you can run out, Divine Shield for no damage, return to stack. Not only does this mean no interruption mid-phase (for easier CD usage), but it means you are present for every single flame scythe (rather than potentially out dropping a seed during one) which makes healers' lives easier.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try this next Friday.

Bottom Line: Good numbers, but definitely need to address CS in Zealotry. May want to work more on CS in general.

I know now where my problem is and hope to improve my DPS with your suggestions next Friday.
Again, thanks for the help mate. :)

#56 Veyloris

Veyloris

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

So, I'm not a holy paladin, but as our co-raidlead, it's fallen upon me to make our raid group not suck, so we can progress on FL. Last night, we (In an amazing show of progression) downed Shannox on our 33rd attempt, even after having multiple attempts at sub 15% health. The reason we wiped was due to Psychy, our tank healer, being OOM. So, with the holy pally thread being outdated, I just saw this thread, and thought I'd at least ask for some help on this. Unforunately, the log for the kill wasn't recorded, but there are a quadrillion wipes, and probably at least 5 are sub 15%, so probably show a pretty good representation of what is happening in the fight.

In summation, the absolute largest issue is simply keeping the tanks up in a mana efficient manner. I'm our raid heals, and I typically keep the raid up with another resto druid, or a disc, making our healing comp druid/druid/pally or druid/priest/pally.

If anyone has the time, I'd really love some help on this, as my expertise can hardly be claimed over resto druid (as much as I try), much less holy pallies.

#57 GlacialRet

GlacialRet

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

I have been following this thread to see if I can improve my DPS using advice given to others. I think I have the basics down with priority and CDs but my DPS is not where I think it should be. I am using CLCret with Inq > CS > TV > Exo > HoW > J > HW > Cons

My armory: Glacial @ Blade's Edge - Game - World of Warcraft I just picked up apparatus last night and was using LtS before then.

Here are some logs from a FL raid last week.
Shannox kill: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
I was on Rageface until he died then the boss the rest of the fight

Beth'tilac best attempt: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
I was on drones most of phase 1 with some spinner duty in between.

1. I have read that inquisition should be up ~95% of the time but most of my logs show only ~80% uptime. I have CLCret set up for 3 HP initial, 3 HP refresh, and 5 sec refresh and I track inquisition with a Class Timers bar right below CLCret. I notice Inq falling off but should I refresh with 1-2 HP when that happens? I am not sure if that is a DPS loss. Should I change CLCret settings? How do other Rets keep Inq up so often?

2. Most of my fights have DPS abilities in this order: TV, HoL, CS, melee but I see on other ret logs they have HoL as the top damage ability. Why am I not doing as much HoL damage? Is it related to Inq uptime?

3. Any other suggestions on how to improve my DPS? I am trying to learn how to use Apparatus with my other CDs and hopefully that will help once I get that locked in.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

#58 Charybdis

Charybdis

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:11 AM

So, I'm not a holy paladin, but as our co-raidlead, it's fallen upon me to make our raid group not suck, so we can progress on FL. Last night, we (In an amazing show of progression) downed Shannox on our 33rd attempt, even after having multiple attempts at sub 15% health. The reason we wiped was due to Psychy, our tank healer, being OOM. So, with the holy pally thread being outdated, I just saw this thread, and thought I'd at least ask for some help on this. Unforunately, the log for the kill wasn't recorded, but there are a quadrillion wipes, and probably at least 5 are sub 15%, so probably show a pretty good representation of what is happening in the fight.

In summation, the absolute largest issue is simply keeping the tanks up in a mana efficient manner. I'm our raid heals, and I typically keep the raid up with another resto druid, or a disc, making our healing comp druid/druid/pally or druid/priest/pally.

If anyone has the time, I'd really love some help on this, as my expertise can hardly be claimed over resto druid (as much as I try), much less holy pallies.

The Holy Pally guide isn't totally outdated. The playstyle tips still hold true, but the stats portion needs an overhaul. As I show on page 39, haste, crit, and mastery are all fairly even now when it comes to tank healing. Mastery loses value when the shield doesn't get used, but becomes the best healing stat when healing one or two targets and keeping a shield up on both.

As far as playing goes, she (female toon, just gonna go with she) has enough overheal on Beacon and Divine Light that I'd say she should use Holy Light more often instead of DL. Holy Radiance had a whopping 62% overheal, so she can definitely hold back on that and save mana. Light of Dawn likewise had a massive amount of overheal so I'd recommend switching over to more WoG since raid healing seems to be covered well.

In all 7 encounters you have on that WoL, she used Divine Plea 12 times. It's likely she could use it more liberally, but from the total duration at least she's letting it run its course fully. Remind her she can cancel the buff to negate the 50% healing issue, since that may be a factor for using it in the first place. I admit I'm not familiar with Shannox's mechanics, so I can't say whether it's possible to squeeze more in. Seal of Insight is certainly granting a lot of mana, but it might be possible to get more in by hitting the boss or adds with melee attacks. This shouldn't take precedence over actual healing though.

As for her gearing, she could definitely benefit from upgrades. Her average item level in Holy is 360, so replacing some 353 items will help. She could stand to gain more intellect by changing to pure Int gems since ignoring the socket bonus tends to work out better unless it's at least a gain of 20 secondary stats. The uptime on Inner Eye (Jar of Ancient Remedies buff) should be higher and theoretically peaks at 75% I believe, assuming one uses the on use effect every 2 minutes as should be done. I have no reforging recommendations since tank healing makes each secondary stat pretty equal.

Her talents certainly work, but might benefit from tweaking. One of my first thoughts is switching out Pursuit of Justice, since the run speed can easily be approximated by using a boot enchant and the Holy Power gains in PVE usually don't amount to what Eternal Glory might do. Blessed Life might also be an option since there seems to be enough floating damage that it should trigger the talent pretty often, so much so that even one point should give good returns.

Her glyphs are alright, though she might get more from Holy Shock than Word of Glory. If she's not using Cleanse much then that glyph is pretty much useless and is better spent on Divine Plea.

#59 Spacecadett

Spacecadett

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

I have been following this thread to see if I can improve my DPS using advice given to others.

To start with, your Shannox log shows 84 Crusader Strike hits (both hits and crits) in a fight-length of 07.12 minutes. That's approximately 1 CS / 5.14 second. Assuming you were on Rageface until his death and on Shannox for the rest of the fight, you might want to make sure you are not missing any CSs due to slow reaction speed or movement issues.

1. Your Inquisition uptime problem lays on the fact that you have a hindered HP regeneration due to the slow-cast CSs and the fact that you allow it to drop. My suggestion is to refresh it with even 2 HP if you notice it falling beyond the 5 second barrier set by CLCret. A cool hint would be to refresh it right before you use Zealotry/AW so that you won't have to spend HP for it in the middle of you burst or by using DivPurp procs. Also, a smart thing to do would be to plan ahead, do not always count on CLCret to tell you exactly how to play your class. Given the scenario that you have 10 seconds on your Inquisition left, no HP and a DivPurp proc, CLCret will prompt you to cast TV, while the smart thing to do would be to refresh your Inquisition as it is unlikely that you might have another lucky DivPurp proc in the next few seconds, let alone build up 3 HP to refresh it the normal way.

2. Indeed, this is related to your Inquisition uptime but not that heavily related as to explain the gap in DMG between TV and HoL. Another factor would be your Mastery. Most Ret paladins prefer to run with approx. ~20 Mastery, allowing them to benefit even more from their Inquisition uptime, while your armory shows an exact 17.30 Mastery. Timing your Apparatus for this manner would greately boost your HoL assuming that you keep your Inq uptime close to ~90-95%.

3. I would strongly recommend using your Apparatus whenever possible, making sure though that it will still be available for your GoAK/Zealotry/AW phases. Since I do not yet own that trinket, I won't be of much help regarding it's optimal use in a raid environment.

One last tip, regardless of the usefulness of CLCret, I highly recommend that you disable it sooner or later, once you have that grasp on retri DPS you're looking for. Your goal is to manually track your CDs and Inq uptime without the help of CLCret, as it might give you semi-false suggestions regarding Inquisition. Give it a try on the target dummies, you never know.

#60 Exemplar

Exemplar

The One-Eyed Man

• • Guide Author
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

For GlacialRet and to expand on Spacecadett's (very good) analysis:

Shannox
Not sure why your melee are chasing Rageface around. You have a Spriest, 2 Hunters, and an Elemental Shaman in that kill. Your ranged should be on Rageface while melee is on Shannox. Rageface dies, they swap to Limbrip. By the time the puppies die Shannox should be in the low 30s from melee stuck to him. It is a lot of lost DPS chasing the dog around or waiting for it to be un-trapped. Your ranged can just retarget Limbrip for a few seconds on a trap and they should never be out of range, while a melee runs around (risking traps a lot more, too). Either your ranged is slow or low DPS for some reason, or you're drawing the fight out longer than your raid needs by not splitting DPS most effectively to have him near 30% when the dogs die.

Hard to do a thorough breakdown of Shannox - ideally it's Patchwerk-esque as you're just following him as your tank steps out of traps. No time off target, no swaps, etc. That and Baleroc are very easy to compare to an ideal setup. Start to throw in movement or unusual fights (Beth, Rhyolith's armour, Alysrazor) and your average will not adhere to an ideal.

Beth
Won't even try to break down. Plenty of movement, target swaps as things die or you wait for spinners to drop/etc. On 25 we find it very useful to have non-tanks assist on Spinner taunts (RD is sometimes a bitch, but HoR is always good) to get them down and grouped fast. They melee soft, but their random target is large whether on ground or in air. Faster they drop and tank (plus a few DPS if you like) AOEs them to death, the less raid damage.

1. Inq - I recently broke my T11 4 piece (oh, how I miss it). I'm finding that I start with a 1 HP Inq, which gives me almost perfectly enough time to get to 3 HP as it is expiring, and run 3. Majority of the time I can then hit another 3 HP Inq in the 1-4 seconds remaining stage. If it's not then I'll use a 1 or 2 HP Inq. Remember, 1 or 2 HP Inq are not innately bad, they just eat extra GCD, which at times are more precious than gold. However, losing a Judge, HW, or Cons to refresh Inq is a definitive win. Inq is a huge buff. Your slow CS feeds into this - more CS, more HP, easier to have 3 for Inq.

2. HoL - all about the CS. More CS = more HoL. More CS = more HP = more TV = more HoL. The long delay on CS is a killer. Since Inq modifies HoL, it's of impact, but not nearly as much as the long times between CS.

3. Apparatus - don't have one either, but this is what I've heard. Stacks on crit, since we no longer have WotLK level crit % this can be painful. Barring unusual circumstances first CDs should be used within a minute of the pull (some perform at pull). If you do not have a 5 stack when you use that first CD - use what you have. Then for later CDs try to align your 5stack and CD usage together - delay one or the other by up to 20ish seconds if necessary (keeping in mind fight length, again better to use partial-Apparatus with another CD cycle than lose a CD use entirely).

If you find you still need assistance later, see if you can convince your raid leader of the superiority of melee on Shannox and post a log of that

Regarding clcRet - use it as a sanity check. Ideally you get to the point where you know what's next. clcRet should agree with what you already expect and anticipate. Make note of the times it does not agree with what you intend. Those will let you refine your own play - did you do something wrong, or were you surpassing the training wheels?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users