Playing on EU from the U.S.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lodoz_*

Guest_lodoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hello, I have a question I am hoping someone here can answer. I live in the U.S. and I like to play the game, but my hours don't let me play during the peak time of my server. My hours would be perfect for me...if I lived in England.

Now, I recall someone telling me that you could change a few things in your WoW file to allow you to access the EU realm list. I don't know if this is possible, but if it is could someone tell me how this can be done?

Thanks.

#2 crimsonsentinel

crimsonsentinel

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

I'm pretty certain that due to localization features, etc, you would actually need to buy the EU version to play on an EU server. Maybe do a quick search on ebay or something.

#3 Ukerric

Ukerric

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

You not only need the enGB (instead of the unUS) localisation, you also need an european account. Account databases are completely separate.

#4 Cadfael

Cadfael

Witch doctors park in gear

•  Patrons
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

Ukerric has it right, you will need an european account. You cannot transfer chars between the two regions either.

However the client is irrelevant, you can still use the US one, since it does not differ significant to the enGB one. (You need to change one file for the logon server but the rest is the same)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users