• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 Tibor

Tibor

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

Can the new spell-alert button graphics be made to work with macros? For example:

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift] Whirlwind; Raging Blow

I'd like to get the shiny spell-alert effect when I'm enraged and not pressing shift. Is there a hash-code (�* la #showtooltip) that enables this?

#22 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

You can try #showtooltip Raging Blow to see it.
You can setup Power Auras or similar addon to show your enraged status. Thats if you don't mind additional addons.

#23 Misis

Misis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

By the looks of it, the spell "Mangle (Bear)" doesn't exist anymore, it seems to be just "Mangle" now.
(So remove the " (bear)" part from the macro and it should work.)

After playing around with the macros yesterday it appears that the new abilities are flagged Ability (Bear Form). If you don't do this it uses the "default" spell.. which for Mangle is bear. For example..

"/cast Mangle" Will cast only Mangle - Bear. "/cast Swipe" will only cast Swipe - Cat.

/cast Mangle (Cat Form) will cast Mangle - Cat.. and so on.

So, your mangle/maul macro should look like this :

#showtooltip
/cast Mangle (Bear Form)
/cast !Maul

I've noticed some oddities with this macro though. Since Maul has a cooldown now, tieing it in with all your abilities in macros is wonky. Maul will fire if it's up, even if the first spell (Mangle in this case) is not.

#24 Mcflower

Mcflower

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

I don't usually conform to using macros and / or user interface addons etc. etc. Yet recently I have started modifying simple addons to include little bits here and there that I can't find in other addons.

To the point, I have been sucked into the world of macros. The only macros I have made are bulky, and potentialy not as efficient as possible.

Multi-target sheep (PvP/E)
#showtooltip [mod:Shift] [target=focus,harm] [] Polymorph; Polymorph
/focus [target=focus,noexists] [target=focus,dead] 
/cast [mod:Shift] [target=focus,exists,nodead] Polymorph; Polymorph
(/stopcasting doesn't work well with this macro)

Multi-target Counterspell (PvP/E)
#showtooltip [mod:Shift] [target=focus,harm] [] Counterspell; Counterspell
/stopcasting [mod:Shift] [target=focus,exists,nodead]
/focus [target=focus,noexists] [target=focus,dead]
/cast [mod:Shift] [target=focus,exists,nodead] Counterspell; Counterspell
(253 Character Macro - Haven't properly tested / worked out the second line)

Single Button Refreshment (Save space)
#showtooltip [mod:Shift] Conjure Refreshment; Conjured Mana Cake
/cast [mod:Shift] Conjure Refreshment
/stopmacro [mod:Shift]
/use Conjured Mana Cake

Single Button Mana Gem (Save space)
#showtooltip [mod:Shift] Conjure Mana Gem; Mana Gem
/cast [mod:Shift] Conjure Mana Gem
/stopmacro [mod:Shift]
/use Mana Gem

Any improvements / suggestions are more than welcome. Feel free to steal one if you like the look, not sure if the same macros are out there. I made these myself but I'm sure someone will find something similar out there. (First post /cheer - tell me if I'm out of place)

#25 Kindig

Kindig

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

I am a stickler for targeting the Tank's target when doing DPS. I generally set the Tank as my Focus and that way I can click on his target and DPS without having to worry too much about pulling threat.

I started using macros to auto target the focus' target using /assist focus, then the cast line, which helps me consistantly be on the tank's target. However, it seems that in just about every pug I've been in lately that TAB targeting is a lost skill. When the currently targeted mob in a group dies, it seems that is the cue for tanks to cast AoE spells and effects without regard for targeting anything else for several seconds at a time.

This means that I have to tab quickly and hit the regular spell (which by neccessity sits right next to the macro) until the tank wakes up and decides to target something again.

Well, I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the regular spell from my bar, so I need a way to swap the target if primary target is dead.

#showtooltip
/cast [@focustarget, harm, nodead][target=enemy] Arcane Blast

This is as close as I have gotten. I wanted to try some sort of [mod:shift] but can't get that to work. Ideally, it will look for the focus target first, and if an enemy and alive, cast the spell. If dead, or an ally, it should automatically switch to the closest enemy and cast.

If someone can help with this, that would be super. I would also take a [mod:shift] to target closest enemy solution as well.

#26 Chanter

Chanter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hello, long time reader of ej, but first time poster, im looking for the help on the following macro to streamline it. When applied it changes my target , and i have to remove the target manually.

/assist [target=mouseover,help]
/cast lightning bolt

i basically want to be able to cast lightning bolt , at any mouse over target, but if it can be avoided , keep my actual target clear.

#27 Kreepindeath

Kreepindeath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

So im finally getting to playing a warrior after of 5 years at this game and im having a little dificulty with a macro.

I need to have a macro that swaps my spec and my gear. I tried the normal:

/equipset [spec:1] Prot; fury
/usetalents [spec:1] 2; 1

But when im going from prot to fury, with the way they do DW now, I cant equip my off hand weapon until after I have swapped specs since now DW is a fury only ability. So I did some searching and saw someone had a macro that was supposed to wait until a second after the talent swap to do the equipment swap.

/usetalents [spec:1] 2; 1
/in 6 /run if GetActiveTalentGroup()==1 then EquipSet("Prot") else EquipSet("fury") end

That doesnt work either. I'm not even sure if it even attempts to change the gear because the only item that currently swaps, since im low level and there is no actual "tanking" gear yet, is my actual offhand, and it doesnt give me the YOU CANT DO THAT spam.

So my question is, is there a macro that will wait until AFTER the talent swap cast to do the actual equipment swap or am I gonna have to just do it manually?

#28 Gere

Gere

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

So my question is, is there a macro that will wait until AFTER the talent swap cast to do the actual equipment swap or am I gonna have to just do it manually?

What about macroing in the equip offhand into one of your main abilities and adding the ClearUI to block any errors from it. That way when you hit your main ability after a swap it will equip your OH.

#29 moodind

moodind

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

was wanting to find some help for a avoidance macro or addon for calculating my avoidance or seeing the hard numbers in game. could I gat a hand with that. any help would be awsome.

#30 ceasefire

ceasefire

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

I am trying to tie a [help] function to an Invite macro. Is this even possible? I have /invite added to a Victory Rush macro but when I try to Victory Rush a harmful enemy, it spams error messages which is not good.

#31 Fendryl

Fendryl

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

I am trying to tie a [help] function to an Invite macro. Is this even possible? I have /invite added to a Victory Rush macro but when I try to Victory Rush a harmful enemy, it spams error messages which is not good.

Try using /stopmacro with a harm conditional:

/cast [harm] Victory Rush
/stopmacro [harm]
/invite

#32 FalconX09

FalconX09

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

I have been trying to combine a macro that uses Misdirection with the Hunter's Mark spell. This is the macro for Misdirection that I use.

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

I would like to add Hunter's Mark to it but have yet been able to get both spells to work together.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

#33 Hakoo

Hakoo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

was wanting to find some help for a avoidance macro or addon for calculating my avoidance or seeing the hard numbers in game. could I gat a hand with that. any help would be awsome.

You can put this in a macro, to get your total avoidance. Remember to factor in raid buffs, flasks, well fed, etc.

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1) /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) 150/355 + 20)0.04,1,0.5,0)

I have been trying to combine a macro that uses Misdirection with the Hunter's Mark spell. This is the macro for Misdirection that I use.

#showtooltip

I would like to add Hunter's Mark to it but have yet been able to get both spells to work together.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

MD and HM both use a GCD, so the macro will work by just putting /cast Hunter's Mark, but you will have to hit it twice.

Try..

/cast [@focustarget,harm] Hunter's Mark

I'm not sure if that will work. But it will require your focus to be targeting the mob you want to HM.

#34 oramac

oramac

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

I'm having a small problem with a macro for my mage. i have the following macro set at the number 6 on my hotbar:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl]Dragon's Breath; Cone of Cold

It works great for CoC. Also, if i ctrl+click it, DB works fine. However, actually pressing ctrl+6 doesnt work at all. the icon changes, but nothing actually happens.

Thanks!

#35 Malcophant

Malcophant

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:57 AM

I'm having a small problem with a macro for my mage. i have the following macro set at the number 6 on my hotbar:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl]Dragon's Breath; Cone of Cold

It works great for CoC. Also, if i ctrl+click it, DB works fine. However, actually pressing ctrl+6 doesnt work at all. the icon changes, but nothing actually happens.

Thanks!

It sounds like you have another key bound to ctrl+6 (default is pet action bars i think) go into your keybindings, bind ctrl+6 to something random, then unbind it.

#36 RogueDirewolf

RogueDirewolf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Hello,

I am having some problems with the following macro.

#showtooltip
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast [combat] Soulburn
/castsequence [harm][@targettarget, harm][@focustarget, harm] reset=combat/target/14 Incinerate,Soul Fire,Immolate,,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt,,Soul Fire,Corruption,,Soul Fire
/cast [@focustarget, harm][@targettarget, harm][harm] Conflagrate

When attacking target dummies (I know just makes me a dummy) it appears to work great.

However in every dungeon encounter so far, it just seems to miss fire, and throws my dps out of whack.

Any Ideas on what I can do to get it to work correctly? More than willing to read a macro primer if someone has a link to one.

Thanks

#37 wilfridstalker

wilfridstalker

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hello, this is my first post here. My main is a frost mage and I use a typical polymorph macro so that the water elemental is rendered passive whenever I start to cast sheep. Simple business that works like a charm in the sense that my cc's are never broken by myself. Recently, however, I start to feel the need, especially in solo pve, to conditionalize the "/petpassive" line. My water elemental is so macroed that I can send it to an enemy and deal with the others with the secure knowledge that the water elemental will stay with the first enemy, occupy/tank it away from me, without trying to attack my current targets in the name of *coming to my help*. So I should practically be able to tank the first via the water elemental, sheep the second, and dps the remaining enemies (or rotate sheep among them according to need). With my current sheep macro, as you might have guessed, however, as soon as I start to cast sheep, the elemental turns passive, and yet worse, comes toward me with the enemy, which it is currently not attacking, in tow!

So what I am looking for is a conditional for the "/petpassive" line that would read "pet turns passive ONLY IF it's not already attacking an enemy that is NOT the target of the sheep cast". Is this even possible? Is it possible to conditionalize on targets when the command itself is a pet stance command and not a spellcast? I'm fairly new to wow so I hope I am not posting a very elemental question.

Preemptive reminder: "Just cast the damn sheep first!" is not helpful advice. In any situation where one needs to recast (or rotate) sheep, e.g. in BoT trash runs, you have a water elemental that, at best, stops doing what you want it to be doing. I'm not even mentioning Arena implications... The only solution I can think of without such an improved macro is to employ both the macroed sheep and the default sheep.

Thanks.

#38 SerraAK

SerraAK

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

OK, I've got a real quick question about something that may or may not be completely silly.

I was wondering if there is a macro, or conditional or w/e, that can cast a specific curse/debuff if it isn't already present on a target, but will cast a different curse/debuff if the other one is already present and cast by another player.

We have multiple warlocks in our guild, as is common. Most use Curse of elements in our starting rotation. Pretty normal I'd say. But since I don't want to waste another persons gcd or my own for that matter, and would like to debuff bosses as much as possible, I wish to be able to cast Curse of Weakness if CoE is already applied.

Again, I don't know if this is totally silly, or if maybe this topic already exists somewhere on the site(eg warlock forum) and I just missed it. I appreciate any help provided.

#39 Kamchack

Kamchack

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

OK, I've got a real quick question about something that may or may not be completely silly.

I was wondering if there is a macro, or conditional or w/e, that can cast a specific curse/debuff if it isn't already present on a target, but will cast a different curse/debuff if the other one is already present and cast by another player.

We have multiple warlocks in our guild, as is common. Most use Curse of elements in our starting rotation. Pretty normal I'd say. But since I don't want to waste another persons gcd or my own for that matter, and would like to debuff bosses as much as possible, I wish to be able to cast Curse of Weakness if CoE is already applied.

Again, I don't know if this is totally silly, or if maybe this topic already exists somewhere on the site(eg warlock forum) and I just missed it. I appreciate any help provided.

I guess I'd have to question why there isn't more communication between the raid members about who will apply which curse. One of the big macro's I use is;
/cast Curse of Elements
/pet attack
However, this macro can use any of the curses; BoD, CoA, CoE, whatever you need. Once you all know who will be in the raid group together there should be a decision which lock will apply which curse, and you all can benefit from the above macro. Basically you put your pet on passive and use the macro to start on your new/next target. The macro then applies the curse you want and sends in your pet to the specific target you are attacking in one keybind button, eliminating random pet pulls onto unwanted mobs.

#40 Averiel

Averiel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Was trying out to write a macro to make me use Feint on CD, otherwise Hemo (I am not spelling it correctly of course right now).

I have tried;

/cast Feint
/cast Hemo

/castsequence reset=10 Feint, Hemo, Hemo, Hemo...

In the first one, it will not go to the second skill even if first is on CD. Is there a way to do it? In the second, it won't reset unless I stop spamming it, so that didn't work. I am starting to lean towards that isn't possible to do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users