• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 zombaflea

zombaflea

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

I'm having trouble with a macro that would let me Ambush a target if I'm behind said target or Cheap Shot if the Ambush fails do to not being in correct position.

I have also lost my Blind macro which let me Blind the non-targeted player in Arena 2's(Myself and partner on same target), keep in mind I have my teammate on focus-target. i believe i got the macro from this site but have searched for hours with no luck. any help with this would also be greatly appreciated.

And just so I've contributed something here's a great spam-able macro I've found to Sap stealthed players... but be aware this only works on stealthed players, if they aren't stealthed use reg Sap/macro

#showtooltip Sap
/targetenemy [harm][nodead]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Sap

#42 iamthanatos

iamthanatos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

im having a problem with a macro i was playing around with so any suggestions would be awesome. this is how it reads at this point:
# showtooltip
/cast judgement
/cast avenging wrath
/use (trinket)
/cast hammer of wrath
/ startattack
the problem i am having is hammer of wrath will not cast it will become available but i never throw the hammer ive read that sometimes wow does not recgonize that i am able to use how due to the whole 20% rule so its not recgonizing avenging wrath so is there another line i can put in to give a few seconds before it casts how? basically i want to use this macro to activate my trinket and get the dps bonus from aw and if i could i would like to throw out my gaurdian but need to fix this first. thanks

#43 Larwood

Larwood

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

basically i want to use this macro to activate my trinket and get the dps bonus from aw and if i could i would like to throw out my gaurdian but need to fix this first. thanks

There is no way of waiting in a macro, everything in it runs the moment you press it. The best you could do is something like this:
#showtooltip
/cast judgement
/cast avenging wrath
/use (trinket)
/cast [mod:shift]guardian of ancient kings;hammer of wrath
/startattack

Press it once and then press it again shortly afterwards when your client has realised hammer of wrath can be used.

Pressing it with shift will use guardian. You need a modifier because guardian and hammer of wrath both trigger global cooldown.

#44 Guest_aardii_*

Guest_aardii_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

I'm looking for a macro function I'm not sure exists. Is there a way to trigger a second function depending on a debuff on the target? For example, a way to use revealing strike if there is no revealing strike debuff, otherwise it uses sinister strike?

#45 Njus

Njus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

I'm looking for a macro function I'm not sure exists. Is there a way to trigger a second function depending on a debuff on the target? For example, a way to use revealing strike if there is no revealing strike debuff, otherwise it uses sinister strike?

No, this functionality was broken on purpose. Macros like this could build on each other and essentially turn every class/spec into one button wonders.

#46 cbrigaitis

cbrigaitis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hello, long time reader of ej, but first time poster, im looking for the help on the following macro to streamline it. When applied it changes my target , and i have to remove the target manually.

/assist [target=mouseover,help]
/cast lightning bolt

i basically want to be able to cast lightning bolt , at any mouse over target, but if it can be avoided , keep my actual target clear.

Hey, I think I understand what you are looking for, I havnt gotten a chance to test is yet but here we go.

/cast [@mouseover] Lightning Bolt

your /assist command is used for targeting, so it will infact change your target, secondly, your [help] conditional states that your macro will only work if your mouseover is a friendly target. So, im just gonna guess, that the way you had it worded, it would change your target to whatever friendly unit you were mousing over was targeting, and then cast lightning bolt.

If i had some more info about what exactly it is you are trying to do, i can go into some more detali

#47 cbrigaitis

cbrigaitis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

VERY IMPORTANT FOR MACROS!! This will answer many questions.

If a line in your macro uses a GCD (Global Cool Down) such as an attack or a spell, it will stop your macro! you cannot do someting like /cast Icy Touch, Plague Strike ... the first spell has a GCD, Plague Strike will not cast, this is the type of "Automation" that the Blizz Terms of Agreement Forbid. Its essentially the same as letting a Bot play the game for you.

Now, you can write a sequence line. This would be like /castsequence Icy Touch, Plague Strike. Its function would work like this, hit button first time casts Icy Touch, hit button second time, casts Plague Strike.

Note: If a spell fails in the sequence, it will remain stuck on that spell untill it is cast. a way around this is like so..
/castsequence reset=target/dead Icy Touch, Plague Strike now, if i change targets in a fight it resets, or if my target dies it resets.

#48 Malefis

Malefis

Don Flamenco

• Allied Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

Is there some way to cast a Soulstone on a mouse-over target?

#49 Elsdragon

Elsdragon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

Is there some way to cast a Soulstone on a mouse-over target?

try this one.

/cast [target=mouseover] soulstone

#50 Strages

Strages

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

I'm looking to create a set of keybinds that will work with any talent tree I change to, Instead of using an addon such as Bindpad to profile keybinds. I want to do this using macros that determine which talent specialization I have, so Fire - Frost or Arcane.

For example with fire / frost;

if spec is Fire then
/cast Blast Wave
else if spec is Frost
/petcast Freeze
end

I need this to be independent of the Dual Spec feature, anyone know how I could script this?

Edit: Progress so far, found code that calculates the current talent specialization and have managed to adapt it into a macro. But now struggling to get the script to cast the spell, as the castspell API is protected - so I do not know if its is possible.

/run local primaryTree=1 local current={} for i=1,3 do local pointsSpent=select(5, GetTalentTabInfo(i,isInspect,nil,GetActiveTalentGroup(isInspect))) current[i] = pointsSpent if (current[i] > current[primaryTree]) then primaryTree = i end end if (primaryTree == 1) then CASTSPELLHERE end

Second Edit: Decided I would just create a keybind profiling add-on for myself, hard-coded 3 sets of keybinds into the add-on that can be switched between using slash commands.

#51 Yolan2207

Yolan2207

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hello,

after a long long break I again started playing WoW.
I need your help for following makros:

Judging with my heal-paladin
When I target my tank, the macro should cast the judgement on the tanks target
When I target the boss in an instance, the macro should cast judgement on the boss

Casting Shadowfiend with my priest
Probably the same macro like above, i just need to replace "judgement" with "shadowfiend"

Casting Shackle Undead and i don`t want to switch my actual target when I have to re-shackle
In the past I used the following macro. When casting Shackle Undead on a mop, the macro set the target as a focus target and when it was time to reshackle, I just had click on the macro again. There was no need to leave my actual target.

#showtooltip Shackle Undead
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
/clearfocus [target=focus,help]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/clearfocus [target=focus,help
/cast [target=focus,exists] Shackle Undead

But somehow it doesn`t work anymore

Crowd Control with my warlock using Fear
The same macro like with Shackle Undead?
Or does it matter that I cannot fear undead units and macro must be adjusted a bit?

Your help qould be really great :D
Thanks in advance

#52 Larwood

Larwood

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

You can't check if your target is a tank in a macro, but otherwise your first 2 macros are possible:
#showtooltip
/cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead][]Judgement

#showtooltip
/cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead][]Shadowfiend

The shackle macro you have makes it very difficult to change shackle target, this is the macro I use. It will shackle your focus if you have one and hold ctrl, otherwise shackle your target and set it as your focus. It also clears your focus if you right click it.
#showtooltip
/clearfocus [button:2]
/stopmacro [button:2]
/cast [mod:ctrl,@focus,harm][]Shackle Undead
/focus [nomod:ctrl]

This is the same macro for lock fear, but with the pet line in to make your your pet doesn't attack your fear target.
#showtooltip
/clearfocus [button:2]
/stopmacro [button:2]
/petpassive
/cast [mod:ctrl,@focus,harm][]Fear
/focus [nomod:ctrl]

#53 Elsdragon

Elsdragon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Crowd Control with my warlock using Fear
The same macro like with Shackle Undead?
Or does it matter that I cannot fear undead units and macro must be adjusted a bit?

for this case ive been using

/stopcast
/cast [target=focus,exist] fear OR Banish

for undead you could use the same system.

/stopcast
/cast [target=focus,exist] shackle undead

i liked the simple set up for these macro's they're interchangeable to any class and skill.
simply set the target to focus even with a macro. then spam it away to set the CC.

here's a focus macro.

/clear focus
/focus

#54 Yolan2207

Yolan2207

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi,

thx for your answers :D
I will check them.

#55 Tufft

Tufft

Suspiciously Confusing

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

Hi I need some help with a shift mod macro that casts shadowbolt at my focus target whilst it's pressed and at my main target while it's not please
....Clicker since 2005....

#56 Elsdragon

Elsdragon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

Hi I need some help with a shift mod macro that casts shadowbolt at my focus target whilst it's pressed and at my main target while it's not please

ok after an hour of debunking it i got one working. (first time doing one also)
was great fun figuring it out also, but here it is.

/cast [nomod] shadow Bolt; [mod:shift,@focus] Shadow Bolt

#57 Larwood

Larwood

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

Better version:
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,mod:shift,harm,nodead][]Shadow Bolt

#58 Xav

Xav

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hello and long time, UI forum.

My question is simple, I think.
There is an API command to create a macro, which I am quite fond of lately. An example is as follows:

CreateMacro("roar", 50, "/cancelaura Dash\n/cancelaura Darkflight\n/cast Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)")
PickupMacro("roar")
PlaceAction(73)

So, for anyone that's familiar with the functionality, you'd know the "50" there is an icon of a spell. I actually randomly chose one for that, so I don't know what it actually is, but isn't important.

We can use some scripts and commands to find the internal names of any icon we see in wow; can be explored at API GetMacroIconInfo - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

What I want to know, though, is if it's possible to create a macro using the actual internal name of the spell, and NOT the icon. The internal names of things are viewable if you actually load up your macros-cache files, you see a macro is labelled as something like this:
MACRO 3 "Inspect" Ability_CheapShot
/inspect
END
I would like to be able to do something like [this doesn't actually work]:

CreateMacro("roar", spell_shadow_blackplague, "/cancelaura Dash\n/cancelaura Darkflight\n/cast Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)")

The point is so that I can use different icons for abilities that I may not necessarily actually have in my spellbook, but are valid macro icons, all the while being made through the API function, and not manually added in :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#59 Larwood

Larwood

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

I'm not sure where you're using that command, so I'll give 3 options. You only need to change the bolded part in each case.

To exactly answer your question, you would do this:
local iconnum
	for i=1,GetNumMacroIcons() do
	if "[B]Internal_Name[/B]" == strsub(GetMacroIconInfo(i),17) then
		iconnum = i
	end
end
CreateMacro("macroname", m, "macrotext")

The better option, I think, would be to use the actual name of the spell:
local spell, iconnum, texture = "[B]Spell Name[/B]"
for i=1,2000000 do
	local name, _, spelltex = GetSpellInfo(i)
	if spell == name then
		texture = spelltex
	end
end
for i=1,GetNumMacroIcons() do
	if texture == GetMacroIconInfo(i) then
		iconnum = i
	end
end
CreateMacro("macroname", iconnum, "macrotext")

However, that method is quite laggy because it does a lot of work, so if you just want a way to find the icon number to use in the CreateMacro command when you want to, you can simply use this macro, which does the same thing but will print the number in your chat:
/run local s,m,t="[B]Spell Name[/B]" for i=1,2000000 do local n,_,p=GetSpellInfo(i) if s==n then t=p end end for i=1,GetNumMacroIcons() do if t==GetMacroIconInfo(i) then m=i end end print(m)

#60 Xav

Xav

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

The reason I want to use the name of the spell/texture rather than the number is because whenever new patches add icons, all of the numbers change (well, most, depending on where the new icons were inserted.) Icon texture # like 450 in patch 3.0 is different from what it is right now in 4.1, so I'd have to keep updating the #'s to keep them accurate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users