• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

As the old thread is no longer being maintained I thought I'd start a new one.

I feel that TG is now thoroughly tested and will be moving on to SMF soon.

[TABLE]HEROIC BIS|DPS
Fury: Titan's Grip|33,100

Fury: Single Minded Fury|

[/TABLE]

What's to come:
  • Arms Build
  • Theoretical DPS for Each Set

Notes:
-For TG of the Earthshaker and rank equally. I chose to use the Cloudburst Cloak in the BIS set because it made it easier to manage Exp.

This is by no means finalized until more testing is done. If I have overlooked something please feel free to leave a comment.

#2 Tunedbeats

Tunedbeats

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

I don't think the reputation belt and cloak (Cinch of the Flaming Ember and Bladed Flamewrath Cover) are actually upgradable to heroic, and neither is the valor purchased neck (Stoneheart Choker), even though they may be in the game files.

#3 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

Even if you cant upgrade the cloak to heroic, it will still be BIS due to lack of better options. Its possible that Uncrushable Belt of Fury might be BIS for heroic though that belt has a low itemization towards STR and you would still have more overall STR from Cinch of Flaming Embers. As for the Neck the other option would be the Necklace of Fetishes which might work well if you switch to the Uncrushable Belt of Fury as you switch where you get your EXP from.

Edit:Math is suggesting that the Heroic Uncrushable Belt of Fury would be BIS if the Rep Items are not eligible for upgrade. Granted my math was a bit crude.

#4 sjunaz

sjunaz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

If any of these items are exclusively Heroic, then a non-heroic profile should probably be created. Additionally, since ratings are obviously lower on non-Heroic gear, there may be different reforge optimalisation required on the non-heroic gear (i.e. leaving something at +exp where you reforge to +crit on the HC equivalent).

Once CharDev updates I'm sure we will see.
Chuckster (60 Orc Warrior)
Delia (60 UD Mage)

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win. --Sun Tzu

#5 neekko

neekko

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

Well it's true that some of those item were not included in the upgradable 391 items, however i'd like to point out that i'm quite sure that loot lists are not even close to being finished. Cause if they are then i have to assume that tier 12 items were nothing but an illusion.

#6 Zéronoxx

Zéronoxx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

From a quick look at the current heroic loot table i found that useing Uncrushable Belt of Fury and Neckless of Fetishes in the above setup, non reforged it will get us current stats values and reforgeable ratings:

Strength > 5107 (+29 str if the cloack can be upgraded to heroic but i doubt it)
Hit rating 1060 > 8,84%
Exp rating 862 > 28,7 Expertise > 82 rating to reforge
Crit rating 1784 > 9,96 %
Haste rating 895 > 6,99 % > 358 rating to reforge
Mastery rating 1167 > 6,5 Mastery > 465 rating to reforge

This is after my opinion a good guess for a heroic BiS setup, it will be more clear when chardev is updated and we can play around with it in simcraft.

Please correct me if im wrong in some points, but from the informaton i have this is what i could get out of it :)

#7 Slambo

Slambo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

From a quick look at the current heroic loot table i found that useing Uncrushable Belt of Fury and Neckless of Fetishes in the above setup, non reforged it will get us current stats values and reforgeable ratings:

Strength > 5107 (+29 str if the cloack can be upgraded to heroic but i doubt it)
Hit rating 1060 > 8,84%
Exp rating 862 > 28,7 Expertise > 82 rating to reforge
Crit rating 1784 > 9,96 %
Haste rating 895 > 6,99 % > 358 rating to reforge
Mastery rating 1167 > 6,5 Mastery > 465 rating to reforge

This is after my opinion a good guess for a heroic BiS setup, it will be more clear when chardev is updated and we can play around with it in simcraft.

Please correct me if im wrong in some points, but from the informaton i have this is what i could get out of it :)

Uncrushable belt of fury is clearly a tank belt, the 378 Cinch of the Flaming Ember has 42 more strength than the 391 Uncrushable belt of fury

#8 Zéronoxx

Zéronoxx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

its clearly is, if you look at the socket bonus to.. i just missed that i will adjust it with the 378 Cinch of the Flaming Ember instead until we know more, because currently i cant find any trace of a 391 plate dps belt

#9 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

My guess is that the Uncrushable belt of fury will still be BIS for heroic setups due to the extra secondary stats and the large amount that you can reforge to crit.

#10 TheMutt

TheMutt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

My guess is that the Uncrushable belt of fury will still be BIS for heroic setups due to the extra secondary stats and the large amount that you can reforge to crit.

I think Cinch of the Flaming Ember Is much better, below is the 391 version of it.

391 Plate Cinch of the Flaming Ember - Items - Sigrie

+322 Strength vs +240 on the Belt of fury.

It is not however a raid drop.

#11 Montegomery

Montegomery

Aloof Aggravator

•  Patrons
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Cinch of the Flaming Ember is upgraded from the rep version to the heroic version via the Crystallized Firestones that drop off of heroic bosses, as are Valor items such as Gigantiform Bracers - Items - Sigrie.

... you could very well have a concerto, but the closest the average listener gets to hearing it is the interpretation as put on by a group of small children with those little rainbow-coloured xylophones.

Monte's LoL Blog
Monte's LoL Stream

#12 Slambo

Slambo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

Cinch of the Flaming Ember is upgraded from the rep version to the heroic version via the Crystallized Firestones that drop off of heroic bosses, as are Valor items such as Gigantiform Bracers - Items - Sigrie.

On the PTR, the vendor who sells firestone upgraded gear doesn't have any of the rep items, which is why it's thought that they won't actually be in the game when 4.2 goes live

#13 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

On the PTR the Crystalized Firestone Vendor only had the trash drops and the relics/thrown weapons. Unless there is a second vendor that i don't know about or it changes in between PTR and Live, you cant upgrade the rep or valor point gear except for the thrown weapon. Its like the heroic trash drop items in T11 where they were put in the game but were unobtainable.

#14 Slambo

Slambo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

On the PTR the Crystalized Firestone Vendor only had the trash drops and the relics/thrown weapons. Unless there is a second vendor that i don't know about or it changes in between PTR and Live, you cant upgrade the rep or valor point gear except for the thrown weapon. Its like the heroic trash drop items in T11 where they were put in the game but were unobtainable.

The vendor does have valor gear, just not rep gear

#15 Athkore

Athkore

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:18 AM

Isn't (H)HoR better then (H)Kaz'Goroth at least for TG?

#16 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:48 AM

Checked the vendor again and the only valor items you can upgrade are the relics/thrown weapons. As for HoR I believe it would be better. The proc averages out to more strength than the passive on Kaz'Goroth and Kaz'Goroths crit proc is pretty low. It really should stack up 7 or 8 times. I don't think it was very well thought out when implemented. I will update the list when i can actually get to the wowhead item numbers as either the site is down right now or the hotel internet is terrible.

#17 Guest_Ahx_*

Guest_Ahx_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

H HoR's item number is 65072.
Also, as chardev isn't up-to-date with 4.2, thought using a wowhead comparison could suffice for the time being for gemming/reforging purposes. It's by no means perfect (Some socket bonuses aren't taken into account - helm for example) but you get the general idea of it. Replaced 2nd trinket with HoR here as well as changing the cloak to normal.

TG BiS 4.2

#18 Tunedbeats

Tunedbeats

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Uncrushable Belt of Fury(391) vs. Cinch of the Flaming Ember(378)

The Cinch of the Flaming Ember has 42 more STR

Secondary stats:
342 mastery and 153 expertise vs. 230 crit and 133 hit

reforging the Uncrushable's mastery to crit:
206 mastery
153 exp
136 crit

Gemming:
The Uncrushable Belt of Fury needs 2x Bold Inferno Ruby, which adds 80 str. For the Cinch, you could opt for 1x Bold Inferno Ruby and 1x Etched Demonseye, which adds a total of 70 str and 20hit.

Let's assume for simplicity that the exp and hit (both now at 153) are equally important for you to reach the respective caps, so i guess it comes down to the decision if 206 mastery weighs up against 94 crit and 32 str.

#19 Gerya

Gerya

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

A 5 stack Apparatus will actually give 2540 crit/haste/mastery, making it better than advertized in the tooltip.

#20 Flaps

Flaps

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

edit: nm seems to work "fine" now, delete please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users