• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 jtxdriggers

jtxdriggers

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

I fully understand your points, I have been speaking in absolute maximums. It's always annoying when HoR procs at what seems like the worst time (and when you can't do anything about the stacks from License and Vessel falling off). This is why I stated earlier that each trinket poses its own advantages on a per-fight basis. However, because of the high amount of expertise on HoR, one can't simply switch trinkets mid raid. HoR's value is deminished by its proc chance and the chance that it might proc at a bad time, and Essence's value is diminished by delaying its use.

The one thing I love about Essence is the fact that it doesn't have to stack to use it (Fury of Angerforge or more recently, Apparatus). I can recall scenarios where the stacks would fall off completely when I needed them most, i.e. council RP. Before they buffed the stack rate, this was pretty much a dealbreaker for those fights.

#82 jtxdriggers

jtxdriggers

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

So it seems Apparatus gets buffed real hard.

Posting to clarify:

Apparatus of Khaz'goroth now increases critical strike, haste, or mastery rating by 508, up from 306.
Apparatus of Khaz'goroth (H) now increases critical strike, haste, or mastery rating by 575, up from 345.

Also relevant to this discussion, even though it's already considered our best in slot:

Vessel of Acceleration now grants 82 critical strike rating, up from 77.
Vessel of Acceleration (H) now grants 92 critical strike rating, up from 87.

MMO-Champion states that "most" of these changes are tooltip fixes to reflect the 4.2 hotfixes that are already active on live servers. Anyone want to verify that these changes are already active?

#83 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

MMO-Champion states that "most" of these changes are tooltip fixes to reflect the 4.2 hotfixes that are already active on live servers. Anyone want to verify that these changes are already active?

All of the trinket changes have been active since about a week into Firelands' release. It was already known what the actual proc values on Vessel/Apparatus were when the BiS list was being put together. Nothing has changed except the tooltips being corrected.

#84 Guest_Alexsiss_*

Guest_Alexsiss_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

All of the trinket changes have been active since about a week into Firelands' release. It was already known what the actual proc values on Vessel/Apparatus were when the BiS list was being put together. Nothing has changed except the tooltips being corrected.

Are you sure about that? I actually check Necromantic focus with a friend and it still gives 42 per stack on the normal version on live. Actual character stats change not tooltip. I know apparatus was incorrect and this was a tooltip fix but is the same true for Vessel? I don't have any means to test that particular trinket atm. It probably wont change trinket ranking I am just curious personally

#85 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

Are you sure about that? I actually check Necromantic focus with a friend and it still gives 42 per stack on the normal version on live. Actual character stats change not tooltip. I know apparatus was incorrect and this was a tooltip fix but is the same true for Vessel? I don't have any means to test that particular trinket atm. It probably wont change trinket ranking I am just curious personally

Sorry, I meant the changes to the applicable warrior trinkets, vessel and apparatus. I don't know about the others.

#86 Gulvak

Gulvak

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

4.2.0 Known Issues - Updated 8/9/11 - Forums - World of Warcraft

Some trinkets received in Firelands (Apparatus of Khaz'goroth, Necromantic Focus, Vessel of Acceleration, and Matrix Restabilizer) are displaying incorrect stat values in their buff and item tooltips, the values applied are correct.

The applied values have been higher than the tooltip for all of Firelands. It was a tooltip error from the beginning the apparatus never had it's values modified and always been 508 per stack.

I really wish boub put more red text on that post. :P
Unbreakable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users