• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#101 Maeltne

Maeltne

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

I can find this via google - but not via the forum interface; had it been archived in an odd place or something? Will this post make it visible?

EDIT: Yes posting did make it visible.

#102 Gaviin

Gaviin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

I had the same problem several months ago. The default forum setting at EJ is to hide threads with no activity for at least a month, which is why you couldn't see it. Change that setting, and it'll show up.

This thread doesn't typically have a lot of activity for some reason.

#103 david0925

david0925

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

I'm not sure if any simulation is already modeling the 2 piece tier 13 bonus. With Mangle crits proccing Savage Defense 100% of the time, our mitigation, in terms of Crit versus Mastery, should be favoring Crit now? How will this set bonus interact with Dodge versus Mastery issue? Is Dodge still better, or is the more guaranteed proc chance going to push it more towards mastery?

#104 Xenoborg

Xenoborg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Unfortunately we will never be able to guarantee a savage defense proc. Even in the unlikely case of capped crit, hit, exp, you still will only have around a 57% chance to actually proc the shield. (50% + 100% for mangle which is 1 out of 6 or 7 of our melees).

Its looking like dodge will still be the clear winner since its still doing a lot to help savage defense uptime by giving you more time to get one up. Crit/hit/exp all become slightly more powerful with the set bonus, but its going to take simulation to determine their order relative to crit and mastery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users