• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

#201 Duilliath

Duilliath

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

That -was- for Ultraxion. It makes no difference to the fight if you do not use it. You were the one to be happy about Ultraxion specifically. Going back on what you said now and including other bosses does not work. For other bosses, nothing changes from current behaviour as you will barely be Mangling anything that has a Rip on it.

Feel free to read more details here or here
Ignorance can be solved with a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

#202 Aymuhdroowud

Aymuhdroowud

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

Here is something to make people happy.
Did Ultraxion last night with my guild. 100% of the time in front of the boss and all that.
Top dps was a rogue. #2 dps, your loved feral druid here :D
Glyph of Bloodletting is making a huge difference.
Other dps were fire mage, demo warlock, unholy dk and frost dk.

I'm not capped for hit/exp, but close. Had to drop the cap so I could get haste higher. (Still using Domo's staff)

Was Last Defender of Azeroth affecting your berserk's on this fight? Did you use the 4pc t12?

#203 Platypus1647

Platypus1647

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

I have a question about TF cooldown and Rip. It's been said many times that trying to sync Rip with TF is a dps loss. I get that. But the question is this - according to the tooltips, TF (glyphed) should be 27 seconds. Rip should be maximum 22 seconds long. This leaves 5 seconds of rip falling off, which is bad.

However I've never seen the difference to be that long in real life, and I'd like to figure out why. The most I've ever seen is 3 seconds difference, and sometimes TF actually comes off cd before rip falls off. Why is this? Can someone explain why in practice on my toon anyway, the difference is max 3 seconds and usually more like 1 second?

Thanks.

#204 a civilian

a civilian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

A fully extended rip actually lasts 24-26 seconds (usually 24).

In particular, glyph of shred extends rip by 3 seconds per shred, not 2. A fully extended rip will last 25 seconds according to the interface, but that is an impossible duration for a DoT ticking every 2 seconds so it will randomly last either 24 seconds or 26.

Incidentally, this is why rip usually falls off with 1 second remaining on the display. At one point it was also possible for rip to last 22 seconds (thereby falling off with 3 seconds remaining), but this may have been fixed as I have not noticed it in a while.

#205 Guest_aldones_*

Guest_aldones_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Was Last Defender of Azeroth affecting your berserk's on this fight? Did you use the 4pc t12?

Humm, isn't that a tanking only effect ? I'm sorry, I was not familiar with it, so I just did a ptr.wowhead search. I might have it wrong.

Yes, I had 4xT12 equiped, all heroic, being helm, shoulders, chest and gloves.

As it was pointed out, I was using the wrong glyph for max dps there, which I might fix next time I have an opportunity to attempt it (which might only be after 4.3 release).

#206 Platypus1647

Platypus1647

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

Thanks Civilian, that explains it somewhat. Interesting that this bug seems to have been around for awhile and they still haven't fixed the tooltip.

This brings up an interesting possibility. If TF lasts 6 seconds, and glyphed the cd is 27 seconds, ripping within the last 2 seconds of TF would make it so that you could almost always keep rips buffed with TF. And even if you lose 1 or 2 seconds of rip uptime waiting for TF to come off cd (half of the time?), the benefit might outweigh the rip downtime. Perhaps with very high mastery.

I know this has been discussed before and the conclusion was against it, but my anecdotal experience shows it's about even, or slightly better dps to bind TF/rip so that I only have to press one button instead of two (yes fat fingers have something to do with it I'm sure).

#207 Aymuhdroowud

Aymuhdroowud

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

Humm, isn't that a tanking only effect ? I'm sorry, I was not familiar with it, so I just did a ptr.wowhead search. I might have it wrong.

Yes, I had 4xT12 equiped, all heroic, being helm, shoulders, chest and gloves.

As it was pointed out, I was using the wrong glyph for max dps there, which I might fix next time I have an opportunity to attempt it (which might only be after 4.3 release).

It's there to benefit the tanks, yes, but ferals were able to get it during the PTR, not sure if it was the case for your parse but if it was, you might have had significantly longer berserk uptime with that buff and your 4pc, just saying it might have influenced your dps on that fight.

#208 Guest_aldones_*

Guest_aldones_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

It's there to benefit the tanks, yes, but ferals were able to get it during the PTR, not sure if it was the case for your parse but if it was, you might have had significantly longer berserk uptime with that buff and your 4pc, just saying it might have influenced your dps on that fight.

My Ultraxion experience was very recent (last week).

I will keep an eye out next time I get there. Thank you for the pointer.

#209 a civilian

a civilian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Berserk currently does not benefit from Last Defender of Azeroth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users