Feint does not seem to work for Majordomo Staghelm's Flame scythe

#22 Atmas

Atmas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

I was using Feint on cooldown for every Flame Scythe I could, and according to our logs for tonite I took significantly less damage from it then the rest of the raid. It could have been coincidence, but I'm almost positive it works.

#23 ieatpaperbag

ieatpaperbag

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

I can say with great certainty that Feint does in fact work for Flame Scythe, here's a log for comparison. I missed 3 of the attacks but you get a pretty clear indication.

#24 Chult86

Chult86

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Don't ask me how I managed to find out, but Shadowstepping Ragnaros places you directly behind him, in the magma. I was able to Cloak/Sprint/Rocket Jump out safely, but... lesson learned.

#25 Khanda

Khanda

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

You can Feint/CoS Alysrazor Firestorm and Feint definitively works on Fandral's Flame Scythe. You can also Feint Lord Rhyolith Concussive Stomp.

#26 MikeJ714

MikeJ714

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

Cloak does not remove the stacks you get from standing near the crystal while fighting Baleroc.

I made an attempt at this a couple times tonight, and found that while it doesn't remove the stacks, it does resist the damage while CoS is up.

The Flame Scythe was feintable and cloakable for me on Majordomo.

#27 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

CoS doesn't prevent the application of the immolation trap on the Shannox encounter (but should be able to remove it, which I didn't test however).
Also, in regards of the Molten Lord's stomp, you can avoid the knockback and damage by jumping, just like with the giants in Stonecore.
I've also heard rumors that this works on Lord Rhyolith's stomp as well, but wasn't successfull in executing so. So possibly just that, a rumor. You can resist it though.

Stopped Playing

#28 Druss

Druss

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

CoS doesn't prevent the application of the immolation trap on the Shannox encounter (but should be able to remove it, which I didn't test however).
Also, in regards of the Molten Lord's stomp, you can avoid the knockback and damage by jumping, just like with the giants in Stonecore.
I've also heard rumors that this works on Lord Rhyolith's stomp as well, but wasn't successfull in executing so. So possibly just that, a rumor. You can resist it though.

I managed to avoid Lord Rhyloth's stomp by jumping last night but timing it was hard as there is no cast bar etc so execution was difficult. It is possible that the reason it didn't effect me was resisting rather than jumping though so this remains inconclusive and requires more testing.

#29 Runemist

Runemist

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Actually cloak prevent the application of immolation trap on shannox as long as you are in the "immune" part of the spell.

Can also cloak the stacking debuff on shannox P2.

#30 Quackers

Quackers

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Just to confirm: Yeah, Cloak definitely clears immolation trap DoT.

#31 Feano

Feano

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

Cloak prevents both the damage and knockback from Lord Ryloth's stomp. Managed this on every CD last night, used preemptively.

#32 Nociceptive

Nociceptive

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

Burning Orbs is not cloakable. Nor is the Searing Seeds debuff, but did not try to time it for the Seed detonation. A badly timed and unlucky Killing Spree can place you in fire aoe on the ground.

For Baleroc, the damage from Torment is not cloakable. Killing Spree can get you in trouble refreshing tormented on players or becoming closest to a shard.

For Alysrazor, the Blazing Talon Initiate, I'm not sure what caused it, but sometimes Fieroblast came at odd intervals, some back to back casts. We had an ele shaman, a frost dk and myself (combat rogue) on one to keep up with them.

Also, on Alysrazor, when she is in Burnout, she can still parry.

#33 Lineli

Lineli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:49 PM

Based on some testing last night regarding Lord Rhyloth's stomp, I am fairly certain that you cannot avoid the damage by jumping. Only by out ranging it or getting a lucky resist can you avoid it. Given that we are usually melee on the feet our only way of avoiding the damage seems to be cloak and feint.

#34 Guest_afortuna_*

Guest_afortuna_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

For the Molten Lords, what I have found to be very effective is to back out of melee dmg range. In other words, step back until you are just out of range when he starts to cast. If you time it right, you'll be attacking the entire time just until he finishes his cast in which you'll be out of range to take the knockback or any damage. You can then move forward as he'll follow the tank at the point and keep attacking the whole time.

I'll have to try the jump either tonight or tomorrow night.

#35 Jarush

Jarush

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

For Alysrazor, the Blazing Talon Initiate, I'm not sure what caused it, but sometimes Fieroblast came at odd intervals, some back to back casts. We had an ele shaman, a frost dk and myself (combat rogue) on one to keep up with them.

We found out on our kill that our enhancement shaman's interrupt was bugged and didn't have school lock at all so it caused back to back casts. So it's probably your ele shaman that's causing the issue.

#36 Feano

Feano

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

There should only be back to back casts if an interrupt is missed. Every time they get a cast off, the speed and damage of the next cast is increased.

#37 Toan

Toan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:41 AM

Tested Cloak of Shadows on Flame Scythe multiple times tonight on Majordomo Staghelm and didn't see any Immunity or Resists. Feint definitely reduces the damage though.

EDIT: Additionally, Cloak of Shadows does not resist the damage from detonating Searing Seed debuffs.

#38 Ravikk

Ravikk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

Based on some testing last night regarding Lord Rhyloth's stomp, I am fairly certain that you cannot avoid the damage by jumping. Only by out ranging it or getting a lucky resist can you avoid it. Given that we are usually melee on the feet our only way of avoiding the damage seems to be cloak and feint.

I actually found the opposite and that when I jumped just as he was about to bring his leg down I was able to avoid the knockback and damage. This is a difficult mechanic to time correctly but I was able to execute it more than a few times during the encounter. I am feinitng regardless but unless someone else confirms it then I believe that it is my timing of the jump and not a resist/range thing.

#39 Runemist

Runemist

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

I actually found the opposite and that when I jumped just as he was about to bring his leg down I was able to avoid the knockback and damage. This is a difficult mechanic to time correctly but I was able to execute it more than a few times during the encounter. I am feinitng regardless but unless someone else confirms it then I believe that it is my timing of the jump and not a resist/range thing.

I had the same feeling, the only time i ever got full resists on the stomp was when jumping to try and avoid it. It is however going to be hard to prove or disprove as jumps dont show on logs. Also since there is no cast bar on the stomp i found the timing tricky to get/reproduce.

All in all with jump not costing you anything but looking a bit stupid i'd definitely recomment a feint + jump combo on stomp.

Still on Ryolith : Eruption stacks can be reseted by cloak of shadows.

#40 Santawest

Santawest

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Disarming traps in the Shannox encounter helps the raid, but eats into your personal dps and gives you a debuff called Jittery that doesn't allow you to disarm anymore traps for somewhere between 10 and 15 seconds. Sorry, I didn't notice during the fight exactly how long the debuff lasted.

Disarming gives you a 15 second debuff.
It's a great tool to keep the area clean for your MT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users