• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#41 Himeko

Himeko

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

perhaps a silly question but should we backstab below 35% on alysrazor if we have the ring/razor buff?

#42 Whistles

Whistles

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

perhaps a silly question but should we backstab below 35% on alysrazor if we have the ring/razor buff?

Not if you're energy capping and if there are rings out you probably are.

#43 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

Sons of Flame during Ragnaros transition 1 can not be slowed either by crippling poison or blade twisting. However, a good way to deal with them is to vanish+cheap shot one and redirect+kidney shot another (with revealing strike is you're combat). One more thing: the add closest to the back of the room will go straight through lava if the hammer smashes on the far side relative to it. This means you probably won't have time to get a full kidney on it, so it's a good idea to reserve a vanish for this.

EDIT: Bad idea to KSp lava worms before Ragnaros.

#44 Runemist

Runemist

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Baleroc : CoS will not prevent any damage on the shard beam (Torment). (Even in the immune part). If for some odd reason the shard is AEing the immune part does work tho.

#45 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

Yep. Neither will it remove any existing stack, nor prevent any damage, nor prevent any further application of the stack.
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Stopped Playing

#46 13a5ti

13a5ti

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

Ragnaros: P2
You can Cloak and Feint Molten Inferno.
(When Molten Seeds burst they create a Molten Inferno, inflicting 135000 Fire damage to all players and creating a Molten Elemental. The damage inflicted decreases the farther away the player stands from the seed.)

#47 Sulphuric

Sulphuric

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

It's also worth noting that you cannot use your thrown to knockback the Living Meteors in the Ragnaros' last phase. While the Dungeon Journal only states that you have to attack it in order to knock it back, it only triggers from spells.

Edit: Apparently fixed since wedsday

#48 josemanuel1607

josemanuel1607

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

Baleroc

Cloak of Shadows will not remove Torment but will resist the damage caused by the debuff while you are in the resist phase of the spell

Doing Baleroc a few minutes ago i noticed that you will still get damaged from Torment. Here's a copy paste from my combat log:
Anshu gains Anshu's Cloak of Shadows.
Anshu is afflicted by Shard of Torment (12).
Shard of Torment's Torment hits Anshu for 35200 Shadow (8800 Resisted).
Shard of Torment's Torment hits Anshu for 18584 Shadow (14400 Resisted) (3628 Absorbed) (11424 Overkill)

#49 Zoldiark

Zoldiark

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

On Staghelm as combat, during the cat phase (using BF) i noticed a significant dps increase by not switching to the add that spawns when boss jumps away but instead keeping boss as target moving yourself to the direct line between add and the line the boss is taking back to the centre and losing maybe 2-3 secs of dps time per add but keeping up guile and CPs since you only get 2 redirect once maybe twice in the phase depending how many cats your group takes.

#50 Nyxisshadowsong

Nyxisshadowsong

Banned

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

It doesn't appear as if smoke bomb will prevent you or others from being targeted with seeds on Ragnaros.

#51 dpsizit

dpsizit

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

It's also worth noting that you cannot use your thrown to knockback the Living Meteors in the Ragnaros' last phase. While the Dungeon Journal only states that you have to attack it in order to knock it back, it only triggers from spells.

I used Thrown on meteors last night for our kill. Worked just fine....

#52 MikeJ714

MikeJ714

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

I used Thrown on meteors last night for our kill. Worked just fine....

Yup. Did this last night when I was kiting one.

#53 Ravikk

Ravikk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

If you feint before running out of your group for 'searing seed' on Majordomo that will reduce your explosion damage. My group had players running out at 5 seconds left on the timer so feint should work just fine if you use it in this manner.

#54 Scoparli

Scoparli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

If you feint before running out of your group for 'searing seed' on Majordomo that will reduce your explosion damage. My group had players running out at 5 seconds left on the timer so feint should work just fine if you use it in this manner.

Does searing seeds do damage to the person with seeds running out? or just aoe people if there in range? were discussing this in guild and none of us can think back one or the other.
"Searing Seeds
Explodes after a period of time, causing 60000 Fire damage to up to friends within 12 yards.
1 minute remaining"

So on a different note I've been going up during Alysrazor's flight with the feathers and im seeing other rogues On WoL doing absurd Dps with the haste buff but even keeping normal rotation with assassination and just spamming backstab and envenom im not reaching those numbers by a long shot. Any tips?
http://us.battle.net...ebraĆ­c/advanced
^ My armory since my name is broke :(

#55 Ashvael

Ashvael

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

I guess I'd be one of those rogues. Well, first off, the most important thing is to get to 25 stacks as fast as possible to get 100% crit (+75% crit debuff) and keep those up even while in the tornado phase. If you can refresh your stack shortly before the tornado phase ends, you'll have your crit/haste buff during the complete burn phase and can keep it till she's almost up on 100 energy.

The other thing is: don't bother with backstab most of the fight. As soon as you start energy capping, spam mutilate instead of backstab even if she is below 35%. Also I've been keeping rupture up (as most other rogues in the top WoL spots for Alysrazor) and not just spam Mutilate/Envenom, however I'm not sure if it's a big difference.

#56 Raconzor

Raconzor

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Aldriana looked at the actual damage values for envenom vs. rupture in the mutilate thread and showed that rupture is actually more damage per gcd spent than envenom, so - yes, you should rupture, even at crit cap and maxing on energy.

#57 Hollowneth

Hollowneth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Two more things on Majordomo's fight:

- Using cloak well timed right before his transition to human form (after your raid group up) and his stun, prevents you from getting searing seed.

- Combat Readiness can be used to mitigate scorpion's cleave. My group was trying to withstand around 10-11 cleaves and due that the last (3-4) ones were used within enough time for Combat Readiness not drop at all.

Since both are now sharing cooldown, we would have to choose which one would be better. CR is definetely easier to do tho and combined with feint makes healers job a little smoother.

#58 MikeJ714

MikeJ714

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

Two more things on Majordomo's fight:

- Using cloak well timed right before his transition to human form (after your raid group up) and his stun, prevents you from getting searing seed.

Cloak immune, or cloak resist? Makes a big difference in timing. :/

#59 Zujamar

Zujamar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Ragnaros: You can cloak-immune Meteor Impact (e.g. kite it to a corner and hop through it).
[21:27:21.351] Zujamar gains Cloak of Shadows from Zujamar
[21:27:21.978] Living Meteor Meteor Impact Zujamar Immune

#60 Feano

Feano

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Ragnaros: You can Vanish a meteor fixating you and it will stop then start following a new target.
Ragnaros: You are able to feint the damage from Molten Seed spawning on you, needs confirming but I don't think this damage is cloakable.
Ragnaros: You can fully cloak all of the damage from Molten Inferno.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users