Photo

SimulationCraft for Priests (Cataclysm Edition)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#1 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

This post now automatically updates to reflect the latest results at simulationcraft.org. Click on the charts below for details and scale factors:

Shadow DPS
Patchwerk:
http://www.simulatio...hadow_Patchwerk

Light Movement: "raid_events+=/movement,players_only=1,first=53,cooldown=85,duration=7,last=360"
http://www.simulatio...hadow_LightMove

Heavy Movement: "raid_events+=/movement,players_only=1,first=10,cooldown=10,duration=4"
http://www.simulatio...hadow_HeavyMove

Note that these numbers assume a 1% proc chance on the DTR and Dark Intent has been enabled for all profiles. The 2dot profiles are pseudo double-dotting.

Healing
http://www.simulatio...Priest_Heal_T12

Note that "DPS" here is actually HPS.

#2 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

[Placeholder post]

#3 Barlow

Barlow

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

Could you add your healing priest values, too?

#4 UnholY_Prince

UnholY_Prince

King Hippo

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:12 AM

Interesting scale factors. On light movement fights (which most are), single target nuke fights it seems Crit>Mastery>Haste. On multidot fights it seems the scale factors reflect what we're used to, Haste>Mastery>Crit.

On heavy movement fights it seems Haste>Crit>Mastery. I'm assuming this is because Empowered Shadows uptime is less.

#5 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

Interesting scale factors. On light movement fights (which most are), single target nuke fights it seems Crit>Mastery>Haste. On multidot fights it seems the scale factors reflect what we're used to, Haste>Mastery>Crit.

On heavy movement fights it seems Haste>Crit>Mastery. I'm assuming this is because Empowered Shadows uptime is less.

Crit was being valued higher than Haste and Mastery because the Priests were running into mana issues and crit reduces the cast time on Shadowfiend. I have tweaked the priority lists to have it cast Shadow Word: Death more if mana is low. Updated results will likely appear in a few hours.

#6 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

I have added our Healing Priest results. I'm not the one who generates the Healing reports nor have I really had anything to do with the coding of our healing support but there are obviously some people interested in these results.

#7 Unknowndiv

Unknowndiv

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

36k hps is really nice number, but what about mana? How long can you support such hps? Same for other specs

#8 CaseyTheRetard

CaseyTheRetard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

36k hps is really nice number, but what about mana? How long can you support such hps? Same for other specs

The specs with "_finite" at the end of the name have finite mana, the others have unlimited resources - they keep casting after hitting 0 mana. Effectively, this means that the "_finite" specs scale just like the "sustained" numbers you are used to seeing elsewhere (e.g., the healing priest spreadsheet), and the unlimited specs scale like the "burst" numbers. Priest_Disc_AE_T12N specifically is going "OOM" less than half way into the fight.

Running sims of PoH spam without the glyph is odd.

#9 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

In your BiS SP items there are Fiery Quintessence 391ilvl and Rippling Flamewrath Drape 391ilvl, both are rep awards. And I didnt see heroic version of these items in vendors lists.
In wrist slot you put: Firesoul Wristguards 391ilvl - this is Valor Item so Heroic version of it is unavailable.

I think these items dont exist.

So SP BiS should be: Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Ragnaros 397ilvl trinket), Wings of Flame (Alysrazor 391ilvl cloak) and Wristguards of Arrogant Doom (Majordomo 391ilvl wrists)

#10 vykas

vykas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

So I was looking at the "Tier 12 Normal" output today and decided to put together a character sheet with the gear listed in the gear section and a few things jumped out at me.

The biggest thing was the amount of spirit reforged in addition to the spirit/hit already on other gear which ended being 19.36% (and not the 17.22% listed on the sample) that lead me to believe something was amiss. Is this possibly an issue with the profiles using PTR information? Or am I simply miss reading the output?

Since CharDev hasn't been updated for the new tier, I created a profile on Wowhead to see what the values would be (which is where I noticed the large flux in hit). I am in the middle of doing that with each of the gear sets, but wanted to see if anyone else was noticing this discrepancy.

#11 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:24 AM

So I was looking at the "Tier 12 Normal" output today and decided to put together a character sheet with the gear listed in the gear section and a few things jumped out at me.

The biggest thing was the amount of spirit reforged in addition to the spirit/hit already on other gear which ended being 19.36% (and not the 17.22% listed on the sample) that lead me to believe something was amiss. Is this possibly an issue with the profiles using PTR information? Or am I simply miss reading the output?

Since CharDev hasn't been updated for the new tier, I created a profile on Wowhead to see what the values would be (which is where I noticed the large flux in hit). I am in the middle of doing that with each of the gear sets, but wanted to see if anyone else was noticing this discrepancy.

Wowhead profile editor has a bug. He is adding Base Spirit to hit too. But in game only Spirit from gear added to hit.
Handle it +)

#12 nightlily

nightlily

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

In simulations on the current (420-1) build I notice a large discrepancy between the HPET value of penance from the sim and from in-game. It is much lower than what it should be. Instead of being comparable to the HPET of Greater Heal, as it appears to be in game, the sim is listing numbers much closer to that of Smite.

#13 vykas

vykas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Wowhead profile editor has a bug. He is adding Base Spirit to hit too. But in game only Spirit from gear added to hit.
Handle it +)

Ah, well then I panicked for nothing. I couldn't understand how there could be such a huge disparity in the numbers. Good to know.

#14 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

In simulations on the current (420-1) build I notice a large discrepancy between the HPET value of penance from the sim and from in-game. It is much lower than what it should be. Instead of being comparable to the HPET of Greater Heal, as it appears to be in game, the sim is listing numbers much closer to that of Smite.

We had penance gaining more ticks with haste, which doesn't occur in game from the logs I checked. Fixing this increased it's HPET closer to Greater Heal.

#15 nightlily

nightlily

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

We had penance gaining more ticks with haste, which doesn't occur in game from the logs I checked. Fixing this increased it's HPET closer to Greater Heal.

Wouldn't that inflate the value of Penance, rather than decrease it? Unless perhaps it was gaining ticks instead of reducing the cast time, in which case that would make sense since my model did not have much haste.

#16 CaseyTheRetard

CaseyTheRetard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

Wouldn't that inflate the value of Penance, rather than decrease it? Unless perhaps it was gaining ticks instead of reducing the cast time, in which case that would make sense since my model did not have much haste.

Gaining/losing ticks doesn't affect the HPET at all, only the HPE. Penance HPET is the same after the fix as it was before. GH has always had higher HPET than Penance in Simulationcraft results, in part due to the slightly higher average crit chance thanks to Inner Focus.

#17 Elimbras

Elimbras

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

In fact, as Penance has an instant "free" ticks, adding ticks (whilst keeping the same interval) decreases the HPET.

#18 Kzanol

Kzanol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:12 AM

Trying to walk through Action Priority List I'm stuck with two terms. What's the meaning of logical condition 'miss_react' and what's the qualifier/postfix '.react' for?
Examples of use:
--- shadow_word_pain,if=(!ticking|dot.shadow_word_pain.remains<gcd+0.5)&miss_react
Recast/refresh when (dot is not on target or remaining uptime is shorter than GCD + .5) but what's miss_react?
--- volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
It's Bloodlust/Heroism buffed or there's supposedly no longer to wait for a drink, but again, what is .react's usefulness?

#19 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:29 AM

If you miss it in live combat you cant recast it immediately like computer.
You miss SWP then you cast for example queued mind flay and realize that you miss SWP and then you cast SWP again.

Without miss_react simcraft will cast SWP, realize that it missed and cast swp again without delay. It is not possible for human =)

#20 Kzanol

Kzanol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

*edit deleted - should have read my PMs first :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users