Photo

SimulationCraft for Priests (Cataclysm Edition)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#41 Taradenha

Taradenha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

@Szeretlek
Thanks. That's what I did too, and got about the same dps increase, but if you check the log you can still see this line "actions+=/mind_blast,if=buff.shadow_orb.react>=1&!set_bonus.tier12_4pc_caster".
Since i'm a noob at editing simcraft I think it's a mistake on my end.

Edit: to make myself clear, if you change the action list, run the simulation and then open the log tab you can still see the line you supposedly removed.

#42 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

Since i'm a noob at editing simcraft I think it's a mistake on my end.

Yep. And I wrote about it. That line cast MB only with Shadow Orbs.

#43 Thanator94

Thanator94

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

I use SimulationCraft to evaluate my Discipline Priest healing spells. I was looking over the output for my SimulationCraft and it appears the Divine Aegis talent is returning 40% of the critical strike heal instead of 30% as stated in the tooltip.

Am I missing something that actually increases the DA shield to 40% or is this an oversight in the programming?

Thanks.

[EDITED BY POSTER]

Well I figured it out myself! The Divine Aegis buff benefits from our Mastery: Shield Discipline.
With my mastery at 13.5% * 2.5% it works out to a 34% increase and 30% * 134% = 40%.

Leaving the post for others why may have had the same oversight

#44 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

I have tested the suggested change to the Shadow action list and found a roughly 80 DPS increase with Dark Intent enabled. As such I have adjusted the default action list and re-generated the profiles. They will show up in the next release.
Thanks!

#45 Taradenha

Taradenha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

We could further refine the action list since there are times when casting VT or DP over MB is optimal, for instance, if you have empowered shadows but one of the dots isn't up it is best to cast the dot to proc dark flames and then cast MB.

#46 Loot

Loot

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

Guys, anyone knows why I can't get procs into simulationcraft? It surely supports them, but I can't define a rule to use them, for example:
actions+=/devouring_plague,if=(buff.volcanic_destruction.react<4|buff.power_torrent.react<4)&dot.devouring_plague.remains<20&miss_react

Even if you can't really get if some spell already uses the proc, it is something that should bump the dps quite a bit and provide more realistic view of trinkets with procs

#47 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

Guys, anyone knows why I can't get procs into simulationcraft? It surely supports them, but I can't define a rule to use them, for example:

actions+=/devouring_plague,if=(buff.volcanic_destruction.react<4|buff.power_torrent.react<4)&dot.devouring_plague.remains<20&miss_react

Even if you can't really get if some spell already uses the proc, it is something that should bump the dps quite a bit and provide more realistic view of trinkets with procs

The buff is implemented as volcanic_potion, not volcanic_destruction. Looking at the buffs in the report will tell you what buffs are available for your character to use in their action lists.

#48 Loot

Loot

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Thanks, that did the trick. The results, however, are quite dissapointing. I have added:

actions+=/vampiric_touch,if=((buff.volcanic_potion.remains>2&buff.volcanic_potion.remains<5)|(buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains>2&buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains<5)|(buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains>2&buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains<5)|(buff.power_torrent_mh.remains>2&buff.power_torrent_mh.remains<5)|(buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains>2&buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains<5))&dot.vampiric_touch.remains<6&miss_react
actions+=/devouring_plague,if=((buff.volcanic_potion.remains>1&buff.volcanic_potion.remains<5)|(buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains>1&buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains<5)|(buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains>1&buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains<5)|(buff.power_torrent_mh.remains>1&buff.power_torrent_mh.remains<5)|(buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains>1&buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains<4))&dot.devouring_plague.remains<14&miss_react

In short, recasting the dots before buff expires and expected to see big bump in the dps, just I do see in real life. However, it was some pathetic 200 dps above... :(
Still can't figure out why

Edit: Played more with it, in the end, got 300 more dps with this actionlist
actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
actions+=/fortitude
actions+=/inner_fire
actions+=/shadow_form
actions+=/vampiric_embrace
actions+=/snapshot_stats
actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=!in_combat
actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
actions+=/mind_blast
actions+=/shadow_word_pain,if=(!ticking|dot.shadow_word_pain.remains<gcd+0.5)&miss_react
actions+=/vampiric_touch,if=((buff.bloodlust.remains>2&buff.bloodlust.remains<5)|(buff.volcanic_potion.remains>2&buff.volcanic_potion.remains<5)|(buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains>2&buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains<5)|(buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains>2&buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains<5)|(buff.power_torrent_mh.remains>2&buff.power_torrent_mh.remains<5)|(buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains>2&buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains<5))&dot.vampiric_touch.remains<8&miss_react
actions+=/devouring_plague,if=((buff.bloodlust.remains>1&buff.bloodlust.remains<5)|(buff.volcanic_potion.remains>1&buff.volcanic_potion.remains<5)|(buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains>1&buff.bell_of_enraging_resonance.remains<5)|(buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains>1&buff.lightweave_embroidery.remains<5)|(buff.power_torrent_mh.remains>1&buff.power_torrent_mh.remains<5)|(buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains>1&buff.darkmoon_card_volcano.remains<4))&dot.devouring_plague.remains<14&miss_react
actions+=/devouring_plague,if=(!ticking|dot.devouring_plague.remains<gcd+1.0)&miss_react
actions+=/stop_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains>=0.2|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+2.5
actions+=/vampiric_touch,if=(!ticking|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+2.5)&miss_react
actions+=/archangel,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack>=5&dot.vampiric_touch.remains>5&dot.devouring_plague.remains>5
actions+=/start_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains<=0.1
actions+=/shadow_word_death,health_percentage<=25
actions+=/shadow_fiend
actions+=/shadow_word_death,if=mana_pct<10
actions+=/mind_flay
actions+=/shadow_word_death,moving=1
actions+=/devouring_plague,moving=1,if=mana_pct>10
actions+=/dispersion

ps: I have always wondered why MB have several actions devoted to, since for as long as I remember just casting it with max priority results in better dps, T12 or not.
ps2: I did quite lengthly testing of MF clipping after 2nd tick (which is theorycrafted to be the DPS gain) and it was dps loss for me, however, gain for others. Given the unreliable nature of real-life testing, can the simulationcraft help this question? There is an option to interrupt MF, but it works after 1st tick and I'm not sure if it plays correctly with the interruption - i.e. the interrupt window is shortly after the 2nd tick, but not close to the 3rd. Can simcraft do something like that?

#49 Elimbras

Elimbras

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

And you notice the difference. I think DPET priorty system is rather old. We should check DPCD (Damage per cooldown) system. It used in theorycraft for Retripals or Furywars for example. So MB shows higher DPCD then VT or DP (cooldown for dots - recast interval or duration).

P.S. Oh and by the way, we already use the DPCD system, because putting even an shadow orb`s empowered MB higher in priority then DoTs (which are still have waaaaay more DPET) point us at lack in theorycraft. We need fully proven mathematical priority system.

This question was covered by some of us at the end of WotLK (with the old mechanism, but the theory should be still valid). There are some mathematical proofs there:
http://elitistjerks....e_per_cooldown/

#50 zakaluka15

zakaluka15

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

I have been running some (very basic) sims of AoE healing behavior for disc priest. While I was looking over some of my results, I noticed that my overall HPS (labeled DPS ofc) doesn't add up.

You can see this in the posted samples at the beginning of this thread, too. In the run Priest_Disc_AE_T12N, PoH contributes 38k, PoH aegis 12k, and there are 3 other sources of healing. Total HPS for that run is listed as 45k, but if I add up the left hand column it'd be 59k.

I'm just curious which figure is inaccurate, that's all. Maybe it's some adjustment for activity time? Thanks :) A number of searches on EJ/google gave me no info.

#51 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

I have been running some (very basic) sims of AoE healing behavior for disc priest. While I was looking over some of my results, I noticed that my overall HPS (labeled DPS ofc) doesn't add up.

You can see this in the posted samples at the beginning of this thread, too. In the run Priest_Disc_AE_T12N, PoH contributes 38k, PoH aegis 12k, and there are 3 other sources of healing. Total HPS for that run is listed as 45k, but if I add up the left hand column it'd be 59k.

I'm just curious which figure is inaccurate, that's all. Maybe it's some adjustment for activity time? Thanks :) A number of searches on EJ/google gave me no info.

That´s because of the child/parent stats system simulationcraft has. If you just add up all stats together you will double count the child stats.

In the case of discipline priests, Divine Aegis is included into its source spell to give total HPE and HPET numbers for the source spell. Same goes for PoH and PW:S Glyph and other things.

The main problem right now is that the user doesn´t know which spell is a child of another without looking at the source code. There is Issue 790 - simulationcraft - Stats for child spells should not be displayed in the top-level results in reports - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting to change this.

#52 Sien

Sien

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

It would seem that the has been stealth buffed by ~300%

Have the Shadow Priest community yet started simulation on this? I've included a link to the Warlock SimCraft post those looking for a place to start.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-simulationcraft_warlocks_cataclysm_edition/p26/#post2000505

#53 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

Ok. Simed it.
NON heroic version of NEW Capacitor shows ~600dps increase in T12H profile (replace DMC:V).
Go and farm it my fellow shadow priests!

For simcraft lovers:
trinket1=variable_pulse_lightning_capacitor,ilevel=384,quality=epic,stats=406int,equip=onspellcrit_3808.5nature_15%_10stack_2.5cd_chance,suffix=0

#54 Bledoc

Bledoc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

EDIT: just as I posted, this came up on the Balance Druid thread http://elitistjerks....14/#post2001213

It appears it 'can' still stack to 10, but the proc rate of the damage is so high that I can't find any confirmed cases of a 10stack damaging proc.

#55 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

Ok. Simed it.
NON heroic version of NEW Capacitor shows ~600dps increase in T12H profile (replace DMC:V).
Go and farm it my fellow shadow priests!

For simcraft lovers:
trinket1=variable_pulse_lightning_capacitor,ilevel=384,quality=epic,stats=406int,equip=onspellcrit_3808.5nature_15%_10stack_2.5cd_chance,suffix=0

Im not sure that it was simmed right way. AFAIK capacitor dont get charge from dot crits, but simcraft charge it from all crits. so results may vary VERY much. Need help =)

#56 Bledoc

Bledoc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

I can confirm that dots proc VPLC (I don't have a log since it was a guildie just dotting training dummies with VT/SW:P).

#57 CaseyTheRetard

CaseyTheRetard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

That´s because of the child/parent stats system simulationcraft has. If you just add up all stats together you will double count the child stats.

In the case of discipline priests, Divine Aegis is included into its source spell to give total HPE and HPET numbers for the source spell. Same goes for PoH and PW:S Glyph and other things.

The main problem right now is that the user doesn´t know which spell is a child of another without looking at the source code. There is Issue 790 - simulationcraft - Stats for child spells should not be displayed in the top-level results in reports - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting to change this.

The rule of thumb right now is that if you see spells named "XXX" and "XXX_YYY" in the damage output, then the damage/healing/absorb from "XXX_YYY" is included in the DPS, DPS%, DPE, and DPET of "XXX" (but not the Hit/Crit/Max or Crit%/Avoid%/etc). This has been true of "devouring_plague" and "devouring_plague_burst" for a long time, most people just haven't noticed.

For Disc, we thought it made the most sense for DA and glyphs of PoH/PWS to be included in the stats for the trigger spell so the DPE number you see really reflects how much total healing+absorb you get from that cast. As a consequence, Disc has more of these parent/child spell relationships than I believe any other spec.

#58 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:09 AM

Simcraft version 420-8
I tried to sim Heroic Ragnaros 3rd phase burn situation and have some problems.
First of all I add those lines after "#!./simc "

enemy=Ragnaros
target_health=78000000
target_initial_health_percentage=38
target_death_pct=8

Rest of simulation profile was imported from bnet as usual.

And after that results seems strange. Bloodlust doesnt appear in dynamic buffs (wasnt cast), SWD DPET ~8k (lol what) and Sorrowsong buff uptime ~20% (should be ~40-45%) and battle lasts 500sec (I know that I sim only myself, and simcraft thinks that I soloed Ragnaros from 38% to 8%. In real 3rd phase has to be ~100sec, so I should reduce some target_health).

Any advice?

#59 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

Try something like this:

enemy=Ragnaros
target_death_pct=8
max_time=100
vary_combat_length=0

Without the initial_target_health, the sim tries to dynamically match the target health ( better use 10´000 than 1´000 iterations ) so that you get around a 100s fight, including increased execute damage.

There are also new charts hidden in the ability stats, where you can see a dps timeline for each stats, e.g. SW: D.

And I just fixed a small error in the first iteratation health calculation, r9599.

#60 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Try something like this:

enemy=Ragnaros
target_death_pct=8
max_time=100
vary_combat_length=0

Without the initial_target_health, the sim tries to dynamically match the target health ( better use 10´000 than 1´000 iterations ) so that you get around a 100s fight, including increased execute damage.

There are also new charts hidden in the ability stats, where you can see a dps timeline for each stats, e.g. SW: D.

And I just fixed a small error in the first iteratation health calculation, r9599.

Yeah it worked, thx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users