Photo

SimulationCraft for Priests (Cataclysm Edition)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#61 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

I added a new report to show the things Simulationcraft is capable of regarding target options, tank mechanics and newly introduced overheal report.

This example report simulates a high-end geared protection warrior tanking the main target, which does hit him with a 2sec melee attack and a 25s cooldown spell nuke. Then there is a discipline priest healing the tank in a reactive way, instead of spaming through the whole fight.

The new & interesting things are:
- The Warrior deaths report, where a distribution, average and min/max death times can be found.
- On the Priest overhealing values can be found on each extended stats, composite and sorted by result. These won't be very high in this particular simulation, but with a healer spaming throughout the whole fight, they will.
- Generally on the priest, all healing values ( HPS, HPET, etc. ) are calculated with the actual amount healed and not the total amount. Renew is specifically interesting to look at, because it now provides competetive HPET and when compared to a no-renew sim, it decreases tank deaths to some degree.
- On the target you can look at the results of his melee attack, particulary how much avoids, block or hits where landed on the tank. The overkill% values indicate that the rare cases where the tank got hit by a normal non-blocked hit, the probability of a tank death is above average.

Keep in mind that both healing & tanking in sim is still experimental, and there are certainly some flaws in the code or things just plain missing. Discipline Priests, Warrior and Paladin Tanks should be well established, but the others specs are painfully neglected.

#62 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

I've just checked in the Shadow Priest Tier 13 set bonuses as announced on Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - MMO-Champion BlueTracker. I decided to assume that Masochism will be fixed so that it works with the 2pc set bonus.
I played around a bit with a Mind Spike and Mind Blast rotation during Shadowfiend but I couldn't get it to beat the normal rotation. Overall at present the Tier 13 set bonuses are slightly weaker than the Tier 12 set bonuses.

To test the bonuses with the latest SVN version of SimulationCraft be sure to turn on PTR (ptr=1 on the commandline version) and override the set bonuses with: tier12_2pc_caster=0 tier12_4pc_caster=0 tier13_2pc_caster=1 tier13_4pc_caster=1

#63 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

How can I prevent to cast bloodlust in my simcraft? Is there any command?

ADD: Nvm, google answer me:
override.bloodlust=0

#64 Taradenha

Taradenha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

These are my posts in the simcraft page:

After working on the action list I came up with this:

actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
actions+=/fortitude
actions+=/inner_fire
actions+=/shadow_form
actions+=/vampiric_embrace
actions+=/snapshot_stats
actions+=/use_item,name=gloves_of_dying_light
actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=!in_combat
actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
actions+=/mind_flay,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack<5&!pet.shadow_fiend.active&cooldown.shadow_fiend.remains<=3
actions+=/shadow_fiend,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack>=5&cooldown.archangel.remains<=0.1
actions+=/archangel,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack>=5&pet.shadow_fiend.active
actions+=/cancel_buff,name=mind_melt,if=cooldown.mind_blast.remains<=0.1
actions+=/stop_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains>=0.2&pet.shadow_fiend.active
actions+=/mind_blast
actions+=/start_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains<=0.1&pet.shadow_fiend.active
actions+=/shadow_word_death,health_percentage<=25,if=pet.shadow_fiend.active
actions+=/mind_spike,if=pet.shadow_fiend.active
actions+=/vampiric_touch,if=(!ticking|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+2*gcd)&miss_react
actions+=/shadow_word_pain,if=(!ticking|dot.shadow_word_pain.remains<gcd+0.5)&miss_react
actions+=/devouring_plague,if=(!ticking|dot.devouring_plague.remains<gcd+1.0)&miss_react
actions+=/stop_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains>=0.2|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+2*gcd
actions+=/start_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains<=0.1
actions+=/shadow_word_death,health_percentage<=25
actions+=/shadow_word_death,if=mana_pct<10
actions+=/mind_flay
actions+=/shadow_word_death,moving=1
actions+=/devouring_plague,moving=1,if=mana_pct>10
actions+=/dispersion

I simmed it on my char (Taradenha - Azralon) and got almost 500 dps increase over the default action list, I didn't test the BiS profile, but make sure to put the berserking line if you're simming a troll profile.

The list is not yet finished and I'll work on it over the weekend, some things I think can be improved are:
Use a conditional to not recast VT if MSp phase is about to start. I tried this line actions+=/vampiric_touch,if=(!ticking|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+2*gcd)&miss_react&(cooldown.archangel.remains>=3*gcd|cooldown.shadow_fiend.remains>=3*gcd) I think i made some mistake because even when I use "0.1" instead of "3*gcd" I get a slight decrease in DPS but the 0.1 setting shouldn't have any impact in DPS.

Use more general commands, these lines work well with the pacthwerk fight because the expected shadowfiend CD is about 90s so you're never waiting too much time waiting for either shadow fiend or archangel, but in a heavy movement fight shadowfiend CD will be much higher and it won't be optimal to delay archangel for so long.

Simcraft uses 4 gcds to build the 5 stacks of dark evangelism but in the game you can just mash the MF key to cast it again while channeling the first MF so you get 5 stacks while casting only 3 ticks so you're saving 2 gcds while you probably have a lot of procs on.

and:

I finally got an action list that improves the BiS profile dps.

actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
actions+=/fortitude
actions+=/inner_fire
actions+=/shadow_form
actions+=/vampiric_embrace
actions+=/snapshot_stats
actions+=/berserking
actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=!in_combat
actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
actions+=/mind_flay,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack<5&cooldown.shadow_fiend.remains<=3&time<=30
actions+=/shadow_fiend,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack>=5&cooldown.archangel.remains<=0.1&time<=30
actions+=/archangel,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack>=5&pet.shadow_fiend.active&time<=30
actions+=/cancel_buff,name=mind_melt,if=cooldown.mind_blast.remains<=0.1&time<=30
actions+=/stop_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains>=0.2&pet.shadow_fiend.active&time<=30
actions+=/mind_blast
actions+=/start_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains<=0.1&pet.shadow_fiend.active&time<=30
actions+=/shadow_word_death,health_percentage<=25,if=pet.shadow_fiend.active&time<=30
actions+=/mind_spike,if=pet.shadow_fiend.active&time<=30
actions+=/vampiric_touch,if=(!ticking|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+2*gcd)&miss_react
actions+=/shadow_word_pain,if=(!ticking|dot.shadow_word_pain.remains<gcd+0.5)&miss_react
actions+=/devouring_plague,if=(!ticking|dot.devouring_plague.remains<gcd+1.0)&miss_react
actions+=/archangel,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack>=5&dot.vampiric_touch.remains>5&dot.devouring_plague.remains>5
actions+=/stop_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains>=0.2|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+2*gcd
actions+=/start_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains<=0.1
actions+=/shadow_word_death,health_percentage<=25
actions+=/shadow_fiend
actions+=/shadow_word_death,if=mana_pct<10
actions+=/mind_flay
actions+=/shadow_word_death,moving=1
actions+=/devouring_plague,moving=1,if=mana_pct>10
actions+=/dispersion

Interestingly, this list is worse than the other list I posted for my own char, I'm guessing this is due to dots scaling better with spell power than MSp and also the higher crit and haste, in the BiS profile the expected cd of SF is about 65s, delaying SF was a slight dps decrease in this case.

I think the MSp phase might still be used in the middle of the bis profile rotation, but I need a better list and better reforging.

I'm posting here because it will get more attention and any help on this matter is appreciated.

Is there a way to disable mana gains to show on the log?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users