• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 LiteSabre

LiteSabre

Chef

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:05 AM

Well, since a bunch of guilds are getting her down, I thought it'd be nice to start a thread. I know that there are at least a handful of posters here who're in guilds that've killed her, so I want to see if I can get any advice. :P

First, in phase 2 : How many people do you have on elemental duty? At the moment we have ~1 person for each 'side' of the island, and it seems to get the job done, but I can't help but wonder if we could afford to take a hunter/mage out and get them contributing to naga/strider DPS.

Second, is there any way to keep her from bugging out in phase 2? Sometimes a poison elemental spawns in the middle of a pillar, immediately despawns, and her HP refills to 100%.

Third, who do you use for strider kiting? We're currently using a pair of affliction specced locks to keep CoW up while still maintaining aggro, and it seems to work alright, but I'm wondering if there's any way to do it better.

Finally, how do you handle phase 3? I had envisioned a kind of circular tanking movement remeniscent of Grobbulus (sp?) and it seemed to work alright, but I noticed in Method's kill vid that they were keeping her in the middle, seemingly to maximize DPS? Any good opinions?

This post has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my guild had multiple frustrating single digit wipes on her yesterday, nope.

#2 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:26 AM

You're not bringing anything to the table here really. If you're wiping in "single digits" to her then you should have this stuff figured out. There are multiple videos out by now showing many approaches to phase 2 kiting, to positioning, and so forth.

I don't think a discussion on optimal Vashj strats is really constructive just yet, or in the interests of the community, and what you're asking for is for guilds to pretty much lay out their strats for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users