• This topic is locked This topic is locked
724 replies to this topic

#721 SellionEU

SellionEU

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Do you mean DRW when you say ERW? (Dancing Rune Weapon / Empower Rune Weapon)
If not, throw in a DRW in your pull rotaton. It helps a lot if you have aggro problems. Also, make sure rogues and hunters are re-ToTing and re-MDing you when it gets tight.

#722 S1NNUR

S1NNUR

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

Is anyone here using DRW in conjunction with LB for the extra healing it gives?

I'm getting around ~50k per pair of DC's with glyphed VB up. In fact, I just started working on a training dummy to check my facts and - ofc without any vengeance - I'm getting 20-21k per DC on avg and have even had a couple of crits from DRW for 41k, making that an almost instant 62k heal (DRW DC has to travel).

I'm pooling RP (130) and using DRW, then DS, then LB+DC, DC, DS, ERW, DS, DC.

Would like to hear some thoughts on this usage if anyone would indulge me?

Thanks

#723 Peekochu

Peekochu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Do you mean DRW when you say ERW? (Dancing Rune Weapon / Empower Rune Weapon)
If not, throw in a DRW in your pull rotaton. It helps a lot if you have aggro problems. Also, make sure rogues and hunters are re-ToTing and re-MDing you when it gets tight.

Nope, I mean ERW. Ideally on every pull I would use DRW followed by ERW, that way I can use abilities with DRW for awesome threat. If I want to use DRW in the setup above it would be as follows:

DS
DS
Blood Tap
DS
DRW
HS
HoW

I'm trying to get a pull setup in which I don't have to use ERW, though, just in case of quick pulls (less that 5 minutes apart).

#724 Tyvi

Tyvi

Never, Mags. Never!

• • Guide Author
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

If you are starting from ranged, start with Outbreak and taunt then I'd go with:

DS, HS, RS, DS, BT+DS, RS (Death Grip when Dark Command runs out for safety)

Don't forget that RS should be give you the most guaranteed threat out of all abilities because of it's 1.75*damage multiplier plus the fact once you are hit capped it will always land. DS is nice and all, but it can also do 0 damage when it's avoided and the Runes are gone then. If you see the first one or even the first two DSes being avoided, you need to make sure you do Death Grip in time or chances are you will lose aggro against people going all out on the pull.

The other alternative is to wear DPS gear for the bosses you can, it helps your guys rank even higher since it will contribute to a faster kill (it won't help against parried DSes though because hard capping expertise is still not ideal D: ).

#725 Peekochu

Peekochu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

If you are starting from ranged, start with Outbreak and taunt then I'd go with:

DS, HS, RS, DS, BT+DS, RS (Death Grip when Dark Command runs out for safety)

Don't forget that RS should be give you the most guaranteed threat out of all abilities because of it's 1.75*damage multiplier plus the fact once you are hit capped it will always land. DS is nice and all, but it can also do 0 damage when it's avoided and the Runes are gone then. If you see the first one or even the first two DSes being avoided, you need to make sure you do Death Grip in time or chances are you will lose aggro against people going all out on the pull.

The other alternative is to wear DPS gear for the bosses you can, it helps your guys rank even higher since it will contribute to a faster kill (it won't help against parried DSes though because hard capping expertise is still not ideal D: ).

Thanks, Tyvi! I actually spent some time yesterday on a dummy setting up a rotation which allows RS to be used as often as possible on the pull. Some people have come to me and suggested DnD, but I've run some numbers and it is simply not anywhere near what I need out of a rune (at least before being vengeance capped).

Thanks again guys! Consider my query closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users