Photo

[Cataclysm] Best Possible DPS with Rivkah's DPS Analyzer (femaledwarf.com)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#1 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

The purpose of this thread is to compare/contrast different combinations of gear/talents/pets/rotations/etc on femaledwarf.com in order maximize potential DPS. In order to keep the results comparable, it is required to use the fixed settings listed below. I will do my best to keep this original post updated with the current max potential DPS templates discovered for each spec.

While these results can be used as a template for your character without spending the time/energy into figuring it all out yourself, please understand that this is under an optimal/uniform setting and that these may or may not be the best setups for all situations. Also, I encourage/challenge all of you to try and improve upon these settings as even the best of us make mistakes and miss things.

Note: The heroic version of the Firearrow Belt does not exist in game and is therefore not allowed.

Fixed Settings:
[TABLE]Fight Length (in minutes):|5
% of Fight Spent in Kill Shot Range (<20%):|15
% of Fight Spent in Careful Aim Range (>90%):|10
% of Fight Spent in Termination Range (<=25%):|20
% of Fight Time Spent in Feeding Frenzy Range (<35%): |30
Target Level:|88
Latency (in ms):|0*
Target Armor:|11977
Use Averaging of Abilities Over Time:|Yes
[/TABLE]
* This is the only setting changed from the default. The current ability queuing/lag tolerance system eliminates nearly all effects of a normal 100-150ms lag.

Fixed Buffs/Debuffs:
The best raid buffs/debuffs can be used except for Dark Intent as it is not generally optimal for it to be put on us.

Currently Discovered Best Templates:
Best MM (Hard Aimed):
[TABLE]DPS: |40670.13
Link: |Click Here
Update: |9-26-11
By: |Dafft
Note: |Haste stacking for Aimed Shot being the primary focus dump instead of Arcane Shot.
[/TABLE]

Best MM (Arcane Shot):
[TABLE]DPS: |39922.19
Update: |9-3-11
By: |Gada
Note: |Special rule: Aimed Shot cannot be hard cast unless under 1.7 seconds except during CA. This means it will be hard cast when under dynamic haste effects, or during CA only.
[/TABLE]

Best BM:
[TABLE]DPS: |37236.86
Update: |8-24-11
By: |Eurytos
Note: |Haste still reigns as best secondary stat.
[/TABLE]

Best Survival:
[TABLE]DPS: |36215.37
Update: |10-13-11
By: |Haero91
Note: |Maybe I'm missing something here. Would love to be proven wrong, but it seems Survival is worst DPS and least mobile? At least they can AOE...
[/TABLE]
eQueue for all your WoW queueing needs!

Download Here: http://wow.curse.com...ils/equeue.aspx

#2 vifardente

vifardente

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

Wait time 0.3 yields additional 219 dps.

#3 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Wait time 0.3 yields additional 219 dps.

Yeah, seems right after I posted the site was updated. OP updated to reflect the change.

#4 Freetard

Freetard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Looks like at least one template (the MM Arcane Shot template) is using the heroic version of the reputation belt , which if I'm not mistaken exists in the game files but is not actually obtainable.

#5 Zehluj

Zehluj

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

Nice to see that you have this thread for people to check if they want it, my question is though, how come the MM (arcane) profile is like that? It makes no sense seeing that high rating on haste since seemingly crit is the best? Is this femaledwarf giving scewed numbers or did crit just become bad in BiS gear or what? How come haste dps per point value is going up all the time the more you have of it? (instead of going down after a haste cap)

I know that haste value is different because of the caps and when/where you get an extra shot, but I just don't understand how it can fluctuate this much when the rotation isn't even switching.

#6 Shaby

Shaby

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

if you change gloves enchant to 20 agi you gain another 54 dps

#7 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

The MM AS case can be increased by 489 DPS by doing the following:

1) Increase the setting for Maximum speed to cast AI from 1.5 to 1.7. This allows AI to be chosen as the focus dump at this high static haste level during any haste trinket proc and during the troll Beserking.

2) The number 2 glyph in this case should be RF. AS is lower since you are not casting that many ASs, and CS is lower since with casting so many AIs and SSs at that do not combine to GCD boundaries that your CS casts are delayed some. However, the CS glyph is still better than AS glyph in this case. Thus, the glyphs should be SS, RF, CS.

Note that the DPS in this case could be larger if FD correctly modeled the following:

a) KC replacement of AS for T12 4-set procs. The current setting uses KC also in place of AI and not just AS.

B) Being able to control when Beserking is used. Using it at the start of the fight on top of RF and both trinket procs is a little bit of a waste. Who need a 0.835s AI cast time and a 0.576 SS cast time. You end up waiting a lot on GCDs. The best use of Beserking is ideally when no other haste effect is present to allow additional replacement of ASs with AIs.

#8 pichuca

pichuca

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

40790 DPS for the AI hardcast setup Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

Changes:

Talents: Talenting out of Termination shows as a dps gain, even when moving points to non dps talents such as Silencing shot and Rapid killing
Gear: Glove enchant 20 agil is superior to 50 haste

#9 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

Looks like at least one template (the MM Arcane Shot template) is using the heroic version of the reputation belt , which if I'm not mistaken exists in the game files but is not actually obtainable.

This is a real problem. Has any word been given by Bliz as to whether or not these will be added soon? It appears to be a mistake on their end since there are no belts for us higher than 378 otherwise, whereas there are many 391 belts in game for other classes/specs. For now, it exists on femaledwarf.com and all signs point to it being added, so it will be allowed.

if you change gloves enchant to 20 agi you gain another 54 dps

This is correct for the Hard Aimed spec and has been applied along with a shift of Bloodlust from 75% into the fight to 20% into the fight.

The MM AS case can be increased by 489 DPS by doing the following:

These are legit suggestions. Rule changed to 1.7 instead of 1.5 and your glyph suggestions applied as well as other minor tweaks previously listed.

Talenting out of Termination shows as a dps gain

This is not correct. You have too many points in your pet talent tree.

#10 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Why do the Fixed Settings include Target Level = 85? The linked profiles use 88, which seems more appropriate for modelling boss DPS.

#11 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Why do the Fixed Settings include Target Level = 85? The linked profiles use 88, which seems more appropriate for modelling boss DPS.

That would be a typo. Fixed.

#12 dvorjak

dvorjak

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

* This is the only setting changed from the default. The current ability queuing/lag tolerance system eliminates nearly all effects of a normal 100-150ms lag.
[/TABLE]

I normally run around 100ms and having been setting my latency in FD to reflect that. My stats weights will change if the queuing systems does in fact eliminate latency of 100ms. I am using Whitefyst's recommendation of 12.93% haste. I have 3/3 Pathing and over 1350 haste rating to compensate for my latency. If what you're saying is true, would it be better to shoot for 1235 haste rating, as the guide suggests?

#13 Helza

Helza

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

You can gain another 228 dps on MM (Hard Aimed) by changing the cloak reforge from mastery -> haste to mastery -> crit.
making it 40909.84 :)

#14 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:18 AM

You can gain another 228 dps on MM (Hard Aimed) by changing the cloak reforge from mastery -> haste to mastery -> crit.
making it 40909.84 :)

Good find. I had previously tried changing the yellow gem to crit instead of haste which was a loss. Seems that 45 shifted the shots in just the right way to net a significant gain. OP updated.

#15 Hituro

Hituro

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

The Survival one (when I followed the link anyway) had the JC gems turned off, and was just below hit cap. Adding the JC gems to three slots and using a Glinting Demonseye on the legs to get exactly 8% hit raises it to 36400.74 (Judging from the dps you listed one or other of these things was already true in your template)

#16 Warper

Warper

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

For Survival remove last point in Careful Aim, put it into Sic'Em. In pet talents remove 1 point from Shark Attack, put it into Wild Hunt. Together it adds some dps 36223.68->36413.99.
Change yellow socket in helmet from 20Agi/20haste to 20Agi/20Crit -> 36451.08

#17 Hituro

Hituro

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

For Survival remove last point in Careful Aim, put it into Sic'Em. In pet talents remove 1 point from Shark Attack, put it into Wild Hunt. Together it adds some dps 36223.68->36413.99.

With the head socket Ag/Crit, 2 in Wild Hunt, 2 in Sic'Em and the Hit gem on the legs I get 36610.59

Modified Link

#18 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

The Survival one (when I followed the link anyway) had the JC gems turned off, and was just below hit cap. Adding the JC gems to three slots and using a Glinting Demonseye on the legs to get exactly 8% hit raises it to 36400.74 (Judging from the dps you listed one or other of these things was already true in your template)

None of these things are true. 3 JC gems are used and hit is exactly at the cap in the survival profile (the Glinting Demonseye is already there). The increase you are seeing is from a bug giving you an extra +40 Agility red gem that you do not have. You can clearly see this by looking at the meta gem activation requirement which says "Meta Bonus Activated (14/3 Red)" on yours, even though you only have 13 red gems. I have reported this on Rivkah's official thread.

Good work. Either of those talent changes separate was a decrease, but together they work out to a net gain. OP updated.

#19 Palioh

Palioh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

The Best MM (Arcane Shot) setup has an unusually high value for haste, actually above agility. Is this an error in the FD setup or some freak fluctuation in haste value for only the Arcane setup?

#20 Bikiniwax

Bikiniwax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Unless I am missing something here, it looks like changes to the FD.com and re-running the sims have changed the results.

I am now getting:

MM (Hard Aimed) 40722.32
MM (Arcane Shot) 39929.35
BM 37376.67
SV 36107.08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users