Photo

[Cataclysm] Best Possible DPS with Rivkah's DPS Analyzer (femaledwarf.com)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#21 Naiky

Naiky

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Just an additional change on MM ( Hard Aimed ).

Change the gem on the head from 20agi + 20haste to 20agi + 20crit. For me it gives me more 23.18 dps.

#22 Serkuss

Serkuss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

MM (Hard Aimed)

Switching to use the crit haste shoulders from Beth'tilac (With appropriate reforge/gems) gives 40800.58

A similar setup also gives 40155.54 for the Arcane shot setting.

37450.37 for BM.

36211.59 for SV.

Used 20 Agi on gloves for BM and SV.

#23 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

MM (Hard Aimed)

Switching to use the crit haste shoulders from Beth'tilac (With appropriate reforge/gems) gives 40800.58

Great find. I didn't know these existed because the random enchantment doesn't play well with wowhead's filter. Since that requires several gear changes (changing chest to tier chest) and all the tweaks that go along with that, I figure this as good a time as any to remove the heroic Firearrow Belt.

I tweaked the MM (Aimed) profile and I'm pretty confident in the results, but for the others all I did was change the heroic belt to normal. I did not change the shoulders/chest in the others, so there are a lot of improvements that can be still be made for you guys to submit.
eQueue for all your WoW queueing needs!

Download Here: http://wow.curse.com...ils/equeue.aspx

#24 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

I got MM Aimed up to 40539.81. The heroic Cho'gall belt and the Firearrow Belt are dead even. The Cho'Gall belt wins because it allows you to get the closer to a haste plateau in the sim, but in reality I would probably wear the Firearrow Belt.

#25 Valan

Valan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

I achiv an increase of DPS in the MM (Arcane) working on the Serkuss setup. I do three things:

1:Several reforge work

2:Change the AGI+HASTE gem on the helmet to AGI+CRIT

3:Take 1 point of Pathing and put it into Frenzy

The result is 39864 dps

#26 Kushana

Kushana

Polymath

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

I got Survival up to 36202.

#27 Nerec

Nerec

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

MM Arcane up to 39786.88 DPS

#28 Mabon

Mabon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hey, guys I have a question. I'm a bit confused about this thread.. When I go to world of logs I see an SV hunter doing more then 36k dps on a stand still fight Baleroc... Hes up at 38.8k dps so how is it that people are saying the SV's best dps is only 36k in the best gear on a stand still fight? here's the link to the parse if you wanna look at it. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#29 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hey, guys I have a question. I'm a bit confused about this thread.. When I go to world of logs I see an SV hunter doing more then 36k dps on a stand still fight Baleroc... Hes up at 38.8k dps so how is it that people are saying the SV's best dps is only 36k in the best gear on a stand still fight? here's the link to the parse if you wanna look at it. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Something looks to be wrong with that log. The ability counts are far above what they should be for a 3.5 minute fight. For example, there are 56 black arrow ticks. Black arrow ticks 5 times and has a 24 second cooldown with the talents. So over the course of a 3:32 fight, there should be about 44 black arrow ticks (8.83 casts). That log has 11.2 casts worth. Also if you look at the log itself, you'll note that the times for the black arrow ticks make no sense- there are double ticks showing up. The problem isn't just with black arrow but it's the most obvious. Either that log was manually modified before posting or there was some weird lag going on causing some abilities to get logged double.

Now it's possible to beat the estimated dps from my site, because it doesn't take into account things like stacking of abilities like Call of the Wild, Potion of the Tol'vir, etc. (which can magnify the effect, my site only averages them over the course of the fight). But this particular case is clearly not an accurate log.

#30 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hes up at 38.8k dps so how is it that people are saying the SV's best dps is only 36k in the best gear on a stand still fight?

In addition to what Rivkah stated, another factor is fight duration. This thread uses a 5 min duration that includes 1 RF and a BL for SV. This is about a 20% uptime for these combined dynamic haste effects. For a fight of shorter duration, the percentage of the fight under these large dynamic haste effects is larger increasing the DPS. You can see this in the tool by changing the fight duration. Changing the duration to 3.5 mins ups the DPS by over 600.

It is also possible to have a good luck with the RNG in the game where you have effects like:
- a higher crit occurrence over the small sample than what FD estimates
- more T12 4-set, 2-set, or other procs
- etc

The key is that the numbers from the tool are not a hard limit, but the maximum theorectical value from the tool under its constraints, assumptions, and settings.

#31 Palioh

Palioh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Using the expression editor for 5 seconds shows spell duplicates, indicating that whoever was logging for that raid had their combat log bugged.

#32 Gada

Gada

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

edit:

Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

39882.28 with Arcane Shot (Based on Whitefyst profile settings )

#33 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:11 AM

Updated the OP with Gada's results. He actually used the Crit/Hit shoulders instead of the Crit/Haste ones and ended up with 1 wasted point of hit rating. Still... he found a sweet spot with haste that raised the DPS enough to make up for that.

#34 Valan

Valan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Playing with the 230X haste cap, I got MM (Arcane) up to 39887

#35 Gada

Gada

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

#36 Nerec

Nerec

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

I thought about haste and your given 5 min. In my opinion we should test it on 2-3 time sets to be sure we have a new BIS. Otherwise it is possible to just find a haste breakpoint for that 5 minute and not overall. Dunno it is the case for the last fw updates..

#37 KaneParker7

KaneParker7

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

There is a rather large flaw in your theory crafting...

Both of the Profiles use Blood Lust at different percentages into the fight. If you make both profiles burn Blood Lust at 17% into the fight (Like the Arcane Rotation Profile does), the Aimed Rotation does less DPS.

The same is true for the Arcane rotation for using Blood Lust at 20% into the fight (Like the Aimed Rotation Profile does), instead of 17% into it.

This cool down needs to be kept the same over both profiles, to make it the most accurate that it can be between the two simulations. Blood Lust has a massive effect on our DPS, so needs to be kept consistent.

There is no point stating what does the most damage out of the two play styles, if you don't keep the variables of the fight the same. Changing a dynamic haste buff is not the same as tailoring your gear to a set rotation. It has a totally over powering effect on your DPS and can shift it massively.

It is important to note that In reality, on a fight like Baleroc, you would be burning Blood Lust at 2-3%(Boss at 97-98% HP) into the fight. However, this would coincide with the first pair of Rapid Fires, making it a DPS loss to use both Rapid Fires while already under the effects of Blood Lust. (Global cool down Bound!).

Rapid Fire gives a much bigger benefit than Blood lust does, so holding the Blood Lust cool down and allowing a Rapid Fire chain during the Careful Aim(CA) phase of the fight, Is the most effective way to achieve a higher over all DPS rating.

I propose that you add "% of time into the fight to use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp" into the table at the beginning of the thread, so that all of the testing is done on a level playing field. Be warned that if you do take my advice, the different percentages into the fight that Blood Lust is popped, will affect both rotations differently. One will rise and one will fall.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have some fun trying to get my guild to hold on to Blood Lust, just so I can do 30seconds worth of cool downs at the start of the Baleroc fight... =P

(Wish me Luck!)

#38 Eurytos

Eurytos

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

There is a rather large flaw in your theory crafting...

Both of the Profiles use Blood Lust at different percentages into the fight. If you make both profiles burn Blood Lust at 17% into the fight (Like the Arcane Rotation Profile does), the Aimed Rotation does less DPS

Bloodlust is not required to be static. You can change it to whatever suits you best. Bloodlust timing is often debated and seeing when is the best time to use it is one of the great things about an analysis like that. Is it better to use it early on when it can better coincide with other cooldowns? Or is it better to use in Termination/Kill Shot range? This can tell you.

#39 Neith

Neith

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

I think it's also worth noting that the latency has very adverse effects on various specs, for example for myself as i am playing from SEA region and have a ping of around 300, the following will happen with 300ms added into the FD settings:

Best MM (Hard Aimed):
DPS: 40539.81 change of -1128.41

Best MM (Arcane Shot):
DPS: 39922.19 change of -1290.62

Best BM:
DPS: 37236.86 change of -2854.74

Best Survival:
DPS: 36035.41 change of -2305.83

#40 Dafft

Dafft

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

If you changed the Shot priority of the MM (Aimed) template to:

CS > KS >Rpd Fire > Readiness > SpS > Aimed > Steady

It pushes the combined DPS to 40670.13 - an increase of 130.32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users